Who YOU PREFER OF MY LIST OF METAL BANDS

new metal bands  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some garbage bands on that list, but also a few that I like, including Nickelback, who I gave my vote to. Other notable mentions are...

Incubus--can't stand the band, I do like their song "Megalomaniac."

Disturbed--didn't like their earlier albums, but really dig their new one ("Ten Thousand Fists").

Lordi--new vocalist would be a huge improvement, but the songs are great.

Rob Zombie--hated "Hellbilly Deluxe," but really like "Sinister Urge" and his new one, "Educated Horses."

The only 2 bands that I like on that list are Faith No More & Lordi.

Out of those 2, I would have to pick Lordi as my favorite....

Most of those bands on there are .....nu metal!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Disturbed of course.

I like a lot of bands on that list though, I have to say. One band I REALLY, REALLY don't like is SOAD, can't freaking stand Serj's "voice"... :puke:

I tried listening to Helmet this past few weeks, but it's just not my thing...........

I forgot I had a heated debate(mostly in my own head) about Helmet, yes Geoff, when one would have to describe Helmet, Melodic!!! is absolutely NOT!!!! a term that would come up anywhere in the conversation, here's the thing about Helmet, I never blinked an eye at them, they were one of those bands that I passed off as well, Shit, not only had I not heard them, I would tell people I had just so I could argue with them about how bad they sucked.

I do a little bit of recording for some local bands around the city I live in, and one of them was jamming before we started, and they played this song, and it was like something I hadnt ever heard, I mean it was so obvious that I just asked who it was, I knew it wasnt one of their songs, but it was Helmet, the song was called Pure, I went straight to Media Play and bought Strap It On, Meantime, Betty, and the new at the time Aftertaste, which is the album Pure is on, I put Strap It On in and don't think I made it through song 1, I noticed that Helmet drastically improves with each album, they arent really any certain genre, because they play a post alternative "type" music, but they dont play post alternative stuff! understand, they are way way way, technical! Hamilton is literally a genius, he has Doctor Degrees in Theory, and a plethora of different guitar styles, his main being Jazz, I mean they arent like my favorite band, but as far as bands playing tight, they have to be in the top 3, EVER!!! and Hamilton has some outrageous, and sometimes extremely odd! hooks, but boring is definitly not the definition somebody that has heard Helmets music could ever give them as a label!! If you must check it out, start with Betty! and Geoff, I don't like EMO, I fucking loathe it, Im a Wham fan till I take my last breath, you know that.

Wow, I can't even remember that. HAHA! I never even voted.

I don't know if I said it before, but that list is like something I'd see in my worst nightmare. :lol: The fact that I prefer Nickelback 10 times over anything on that list is not a good sign. I would really avoid the rest like the plague (Sorry Leykis, that includes Helmet) but next in line, if I had to chose, would probably be Incubus. My brothers have both played a few CDs of theirs and honestly they weren't too bad. Wouldn't buy them, but not too bad.

the untolarable and disturbing thing about the bulk of the bands on this poll, outside of Helmet, Faith No More, and in a way Lordi, these are all bands that arent really all that original! they don't play anything that really sticks(unless you put a handle on it)no cool guitar riffs, nothing musically that makes me think Wow! I like that just for the shear balls it took to do it! No bridges or breaks in the songs where you go from "this is Ok, to Fuck!!!! this fucking kicks my ass" fuck they can't even step out for a second, they all wanna be so hard and heavy, and loud, but it's an oxi moron, they are all working for big labels, I know Geoff we love the most repetitive standard by the book kind of music ever made, but you know what, I wasnt drawn to it because I was growing up with it, the songs in hair metal and like genres, had feeling and musicianship, and solos, you can recycle that till the earth is gone, and it's a recipiet for great music, Im always searching for new bands, so the argument that I just don't like this era's music cause I dont relate to it, is rubbish, when one of these American bands steps out of the labels shadow, and puts out an album with some sort of musical integrity behind it, I will be all ears, but that hasnt happened since the 2nd greatest guitar player of our time(In My Opinion) was taken from us, I could overlook Damageplans mediocre and largely generic vocals, for the shear fact the music was so great, Michael Bolton could have done vocals, and it wouldnt have mattered, just my opinion man!

• 2 weeks later...