Lonnie Holdaway and the Hurricane CD reissues scam

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RnR website is being worked on this morning!

Check it out at: http://www.freewebs.com/lrc72316/index.htm

The ARTISTS, NEW SIGNINGS, & PRE_ORDER SPECIALS links now all take you to a page that says...

SITE UPDERGOING UPDATE PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ARTISTS, NEW SIGNINGS, & PRE_ORDER SPECIALS links now all take you to a page that says...

Yep. Looks like Lon/David/whoever is in serious CYA mode. This active move on their part clinches it.

Probably a good thing that I saved copies of all those web pages last night, huh? ;)

I'll post them tonight when I get home, just so those coming to the party late know exactly what people are referring to...

-Dan

I'm shocked, to say the least.

BTW, I was really in a car accident.

What a strange weekend, unbelievable!

Dude I'm glad that you and your family are all OK.

I recently purchased a Gig Guns disc from Soonerbomb whoever that is and I received it within a little over a week, so I can't say anything negative of what's going on. THANK GOD I ALREADY HAVE MY HURRICANE COLLECTION. I hope this all works out for everyone and Lonnie get's his named cleared of all this shit.

Yep. Looks like Lon/David/whoever is in serious CYA mode. This active move on their part clinches it.

Probably a good thing that I saved copies of all those web pages last night, huh? ;)

I'll post them tonight when I get home, just so those coming to the party late know exactly what people are referring to...

-Dan

Smart man, Dan! I'm sure he's in SERIOUS 'Cya mode' right now.....

-Dan

Ok, last night I was heartbroken...now I'm PISSED!!!

JL

I have misplaced the address here on my desk and I will email it to each and every one of you just as soon I find where i sit it at.

David,

Please PM or email me with this info.

Maybe they are going to explain about Lonnie's accident that occured at 2pm in the morning.

-Dan

Actually for me this was clinched yesterday when Mike posted that he had talked to Jay and his basic reply was..."Lonnie who?" and "What reissues?" :blink:

Interestingly enough, I think he was discovered a while back by Ryan at MetalMayhem when he said that he was going to reissue the Banshee stuff.

By Lonnie in the 'Never Say Die' forum/thread:

"I apologize to all the folks who were looking forward to us releasing this, but i can tell you the entire Banshee back catalog will be seeing the light of day again, thru Metal Mayhem. I also want to say thanks to Ryan Northrop and Tommy Lee Flood for being kind and understanding enough to know we were not trying to bootleg or release this in any underhanded manner. You guys are truly class acts."

Seems he was discovered but covered it up with an excuse. No one questioned it at the time. It would be interesting to hear from Ryan concerning this........

I liked the guy as much as the next person - he was always very generous to me and I did my first trade with him probably almost 10 years ago. While we've never been in constant contact we've emailed and messaged now and then and he's sent me heaps of stuff (recently without ever wanting anything in return)... always been a top guy and I'd be the last to turn on him without reason, but seriously... there is no other possible solution I can come up with after all the facts here.

The only other thing that someone mentioned (and it seems far out, but that could be true) is that Lonnie is no longer with us, or he is having some massive operation on his back or whatever (??) and someone else has taken possession of his identity and f*cked everyone over like this. Unlikely as all hell, but then again the whole scenario is just that.

As you know Geoff I am just a rookie here and don't get off the bench much but I wanted to repley to your post. I joined in March of 2006 and I contacted Lon for some of his free comps and stuff. Man he hooked me up big time. Our next deal was also great but in the fall of 2006(which I have already mentioned in a prior post) he wanted a 2 or 3 bucks a piece for his new comps. He said his insurance didn't pay all of his medical bills with his back surgery. I thought well,I will help him out and pay what he wants. Then I noticed he was listing all of his bootlegs on here and was wanting a couple of bucks each for them. He also was asking for shipping. I sensed a change in his way of doin' things but hell I was a new jack and still am so I kept my mouth shut and never mentioned how I felt. I paid for them and of course as I have already said I never got 'em and I had to file a claim with Paypal to get my money back! You don't know how bad I wanted to bring it here to the Forum and tell folks. I am sure at that time the majority of people here would have skinned me supporting him. Then again I think some of you knew things weren't right. I did NOT buy any of the Hurricane cds or anything else he was ofering. He never apologized for having to file a claim and blew off my pm's and emails so I don't do business with people like that.My heart however goes out to ALL of you that have and I pray this gets resolved in everyone's favour. Even if this is just one big nightmare and Lonnie is cleared of any wrong doing,I will never do business with him again.

Actually for me this was clinched yesterday when Mike posted that he had talked to Jay and his basic reply was..."Lonnie who?" and "What reissues?" :blink:

Actually what I meant was that everything up until this point was passive: "so-and-so told me that...", or "XXXXX said that they had never been contacted about reissues of..." and as we've seen with other record labels, stuff like that can be spun a million ways from Sunday by both sides.

Taking down web pages overnight on the heels of discussion here is a *current* active move by Lon/David in response to the heat being applied. It also verifies that someone is aware of what's going on here and at MR and are taking steps to cover up the fraudulent acts.

It's active damage control in lieu of a formal response, which pretty much confirms everything that people have speculated.

-Dan

Seems he was discovered but covered it up with an excuse. No one questioned it at the time. It would be interesting to hear from Ryan concerning this........

It certainly would be nice to hear from Ryan on this matter...particularly considering that the

Metal Mayhem page is still intact at the RnR website: http://www.freewebs.com/lrc72316/cdsinstock.htm

As I asked a few pages back, I wonder if Ryan hass been ripped off in some manner as well?

Mike

I liked the guy as much as the next person - he was always very generous to me and I did my first trade with him probably almost 10 years ago. While we've never been in constant contact we've emailed and messaged now and then and he's sent me heaps of stuff (recently without ever wanting anything in return)... always been a top guy and I'd be the last to turn on him without reason, but seriously... there is no other possible solution I can come up with after all the facts here.

The only other thing that someone mentioned (and it seems far out, but that could be true) is that Lonnie is no longer with us, or he is having some massive operation on his back or whatever (??) and someone else has taken possession of his identity and f*cked everyone over like this. Unlikely as all hell, but then again the whole scenario is just that.

As you know Geoff I am just a rookie here and don't get off the bench much but I wanted to repley to your post. I joined in March of 2006 and I contacted Lon for some of his free comps and stuff. Man he hooked me up big time. Our next deal was also great but in the fall of 2006(which I have already mentioned in a prior post) he wanted a 2 or 3 bucks a piece for his new comps. He said his insurance didn't pay all of his medical bills with his back surgery. I thought well,I will help him out and pay what he wants. Then I noticed he was listing all of his bootlegs on here and was wanting a couple of bucks each for them. He also was asking for shipping. I sensed a change in his way of doin' things but hell I was a new jack and still am so I kept my mouth shut and never mentioned how I felt. I paid for them and of course as I have already said I never got 'em and I had to file a claim with Paypal to get my money back! You don't know how bad I wanted to bring it here to the Forum and tell folks. I am sure at that time the majority of people here would have skinned me supporting him. Then again I think some of you knew things weren't right. I did NOT buy any of the Hurricane cds or anything else he was ofering. He never apologized for having to file a claim and blew off my pm's and emails so I don't do business with people like that.My heart however goes out to ALL of you that have and I pray this gets resolved in everyone's favour. Even if this is just one big nightmare and Lonnie is cleared of any wrong doing,I will never do business with him again.

Same with me but I was gonna get the Frontrunner stuff and Hurricane reissues but thankfully I didn't pre-order anything.

I asked for some of his early comps and I hooked me up as well......on 2 separate occasions sending me a total of about 50 cd-r's (all sent through UPS from that Ford dealership) of mostly bands I had never heard of but now I know are great bands like Kidd Wikkid, ELI, etc. He always kinda mentioned possible payment later but nothing ever came of it and I too noticed he started selling bootlegs he had gotten off file sharing forums for 2 or 3 dollars and I thought that was screwy but didn't really think anything about it at the time. I feel sorry for all the ones that have been scammed out of their hard earned money.

Kinda of reminds me of the Spongebob episode where Plankton becomes friends with Spongebob to only later show his true colors and steal a crabby patty.

It certainly would be nice to hear from Ryan on this matter...particularly considering that the

Metal Mayhem page is still intact at the RnR website: http://www.freewebs.com/lrc72316/cdsinstock.htm

As I asked a few pages back, I wonder if Ryan hass been ripped off in some manner as well?

Mike

I just placed a call to the Northrup home and got no answer(11:10 e.st.). I will continue to try to get Ryan's take on this.Yeah when I saw the Metal Mayhem page I too thought damn selling Ryan's wares and at higher prices? That seemed strange to me but HELL tell this whole thing has been STRANGE!

I've just received word that he is logged on at his 'myspace' page....so I would venture 'active damage control'.....or 'coverup' is in hurry up mode.

I would advise anyone who is capable of saving his pages on his Myspace site that contain the 'Never Say Die' stuff.........

Kinda of reminds me of the Spongebob episode where Plankton becomes friends with Spongebob to only later show his true colors and steal a crabby patty.

:rofl2: I just saw that episode a few weeks ago... and you hit it on the head, BNB, it is VERY much like that show...

I just wonder why nobody here shared there suspicions about this before. Now that alot of people here got screwed, it seems like some people had an idea somthing wasn't right but didn't want to share. Just curious.

Because they would have been shredded like ecoli-laced Taco Bell lettuce. I like to think I'm a fairly respected member of this community, but I had a bad dealing with Lonnie last month but knew that if I dared to say anything negative about him, I would be taken to task for daring to disparage him. Until yesterday, talking bad about Lonnie was the equivalent of calling Mother Theresa a syphilis-ridden, take-it-up-the-ass whore.

Oh, how times have changed. That loud crash you heard yesterday? That was the sound of the mighty falling...

I just wonder why nobody here shared there suspicions about this before. Now that alot of people here got screwed, it seems like some people had an idea somthing wasn't right but didn't want to share. Just curious.

Because they would have been shredded like ecoli-laced Taco Bell lettuce. I like to think I'm a fairly respected member of this community, but I had a bad dealing with Lonnie last month but knew that if I dared to say anything negative about him, I would be taken to task for daring to disparage him. Until yesterday, talking bad about Lonnie was the equivalent of calling Mother Theresa a syphilis-ridden, take-it-up-the-ass whore.

Oh, how times have changed. That loud crash you heard yesterday? That was the sound of the mighty falling...

Exactly Mark! I thought many times of revealing the strange things I had encountered with Lonnie, but by the way everyone would just fall apart with the reports of his supposed health problems, I knew better....think back, he had atleast 2 big health problems in the past few months, then would reappear in fine shape....things like that seemed to always bother me..also, it is apparent he would disappear after making deals with alot of folks, I just thought it was me.....but without absolute proof of wrong doing or illegal activity, myself and others could not just start slandering him....and really, would anyone on this board have listened anyway? seems to me he was the local hero that went bad..... <_<

I just wander why nobody here shared there suspicions about this before.Now that alot of people here got screwed,it seems like some people had an idea somthing wasn't right but didn't want to share.Just curious.

I agree with Mark, this is where he was pretty clever. Getting so many allies on HH is always useful as they immediately spring to your defence when you get questioned over something. I saw a few people question his dealings over the past year or so & automatically several HH regulars would jump to his defence, as he'd always given freebies/compilation CDs etc, & generally been a good guy. Makes it difficult for anyone to question him.

Is interesting to see the pic of him on the myspace page, is nothing like I expected. I'm picturing him a little more like this:- :jail:

Exactly Mark! I thought many times of revealing the strange things I had encountered with Lonnie, but by the way everyone would just fall apart with the reports of his supposed health problems, I knew better....think back, he had atleast 2 big problems in the past few months, then would reappear in fine shape....things like that seemed to always bother me..also, it is apparent he would disappear after making deals with alot of folks, I just thought it was me.....but without absolute proof of wrong doing or illegal activity, myself and others could not just start slandering him....and really, would anyone on this board have listened anyway? seems to me he was the local hero that went bad..... <_<

Some of us may have listened...but we will never know.

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!! As I have already stated that's why I kept my mouth shut! I would have been ridiculed,put down,nailed to the cross my brother! I wanted to come forward a 6 weeks ago and put in on the table but hell I am a new jack. Again after seeking advice from a very respected member here I decided to keep quiet. He told me you will get HAMMERED! People will RUSH to his defense and you be labeled a trouble maker! As long as Lonnie has been on this site and me with my senority? Yeah! The thing that was hard to deal with the most was when Lonnie's girlfriend replied to me in my Paypal claim and stated "Your business with Lonnie is over" "no more deals will take place" and the real smack in the face "We hope you don't tarnish Lonnie's image over this and his respect that he has on Heavy Harmonies" Respect is something you earn and you continually work to keep.

Hello there,

Ok, a few guys suggested that I also should leave a comment here regarding this matter.

The whole thing started when Lonnie contacted me by January, the 17th, offering me the Hurricane re-issues.

After we sorted out the details/price he sent me an e-mail due January, the 21st, by telling me that he has both "Over The Edge" and "Slave To The Thrill" in stock. Our initial order was about 550 units for both titles. A few hours later he sent me the paypal request about 4675$ which we paid straight away.

After this things just freaked out, cause all what we received from him were fakes, lies and even more lies!

I have e-mailed the prooves to Dan and Andrew McNeice and I guess meanwhile the whole story speaks for itself that Lonnie is not only ripping us off, he also never secured the rights for the re-issues.

I guess it's needless to mention that it's very quiet on Lonnie's end since it has been approved that he's a thief and notorios liar !

Greets

Georg

AOR Heaven