Lonnie Holdaway and the Hurricane CD reissues scam

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I should cry or scream.

I sent this guy a personal email wishing him to get better soon and now I find out there's no crash.

WTF is going on here. I thought something was strange when I hadn't gotten a refund for overpaying on shipping. I had just pm'd him and he got right back to me saying he would check on it. That was at least 3 or 4 days ago.

I guess I need to head over to paypal now. :angry:

Adriano..did he give you that story about a friend getting divorced and his friend wanted to sell off his major collection ..that included sgt roxx ..rock blvd..theatre and many more top rareites..he gave that line to a good friend of mine that called him on his bluff..funny thing is he would never answer my friends emails on the subject....hey lon :fu: ..i cant stand thieves..he just opened a can of shit with this scam..i hope he pays dearly for this ..Danny

Dan, unfortunately I suspect that is a fraud, I am very worried...I just filed a complaint through Paypal, I will escalate it to a claim...but I really don´t know what I will do...I had $1,000 in my Paypal account and sent all the money to Lonnie´s account, of course I trusted him...not only for the Hurricane material...also to get some other rare cds...

Adriano..did he give you that story about a friend getting divorced and his friend wanted to sell off his major collection ..that included sgt roxx ..rock blvd..theatre and many more top rareites..he gave that line to a good friend of mine that called him on his bluff..funny thing is he would never answer my friends emails on the subject....hey lon :fu: ..i cant stand thieves..he just opened a can of shit with this scam..i hope he pays dearly for this ..Danny

Dan, unfortunately I suspect that is a fraud, I am very worried...I just filed a complaint through Paypal, I will escalate it to a claim...but I really don´t know what I will do...I had $1,000 in my Paypal account and sent all the money to Lonnie´s account, of course I trusted him...not only for the Hurricane material...also to get some other rare cds...

My thoughts exactly Danny, you and I have talked about Lonnie at length, looks like we had him pegged... I just emailed adriano to see if it was lonnie who he was getting those cd's from, as he offered those to me awhile back, claimed to have 2 rock boulevards, 1 sealed, sgt roxx and many others, but when I asked for him to send the cd's first, he quit talking to me at all, I have always wondered about lon, but never really had any evidence, just seemingly shady behavior, and he never really came through with anything he said he would, although we did complete some minor trades, craaaaazzzzy!

And a little fuel to the fire...guess what one of the last ebay auctions he sold was? Lawrence Archer, one of the most expensive indies out there. And guess what???? The buyer apparantly didn't get the CD and left negative feedback. Thats just WAY to much of a coincidence (did I spell that right)? Look at the feedback on this item on Lonnie's ID, got a negative on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140071432527

...and I even won a CD on this last batch of auctions and just count my lucky stars I got it cuz it was a $50 item! Just doesn't make sense if you as me?

Anyone thought of this??? I've traded with Lonnie for at least 2-3 years with no problems. ALL the stuff I've ever gotten from him reek of cigarette smoke. Maybe he kicked the bucked and his nephew figured he could make some fast BIG bucks? Just a thought, just trying to make sense of why such a stand up collector could FUCK all of us!

for those of you that got shafted..you can call the blytheville police dept and file a fraud claim..here is the dept #..i wanna see this son of a bitch hang............

Blytheville Police Department

Officer in Charge

Ross Thompson

201 W Walnut

Blytheville, Arkansas 72315

Non-emergency: (870)763-4411

I don't know if I should cry or scream.

I sent this guy a personal email wishing him to get better soon and now I find out there's no crash.

WTF is going on here. I thought something was strange when I hadn't gotten a refund for overpaying on shipping. I had just pm'd him and he got right back to me saying he would check on it. That was at least 3 or 4 days ago.

I guess I need to head over to paypal now. :angry:

I'm with ya Wes!! I had the same problem with Lon about shipping around the same time!! And (well, you guessed it) no refund!! File a claim Man!! Later Rich :angry:

Yes, Mike and Danny, I Paypal him more than $1,000 for cds like Theatre, Rock Boulevard and Sgt Roxx almost 15 days ago...he didn´t told any history, just said that he was selling the rest of his collection because he would not have time to collect anymore...I also pre-ordered a few Hurricane cds...

I just opened a Paypal dispute, but I´m here, in Brasil...I have a bad feeling that I will lose this money, I don´t know if Paypal will refund me, even so I have all the requisites...Could you help me, please? If anybody is near this guy, please go to the police dept. Any chance to prosecute him? I am a lawyer, but I don´t know the american law.

Actually, I am very sad, extremely disappointed, I am sorry to say that, but I am seriously thinking to quit and leave the HR scene, trading/selling those top rarities...I am tired to see more and more swindlers stealing money from honest people.

I've deleted a couple of posts. Let's keep personal/physical threats out of this, ok?

Thanks,

-Dan

It wasn't a threat Dan. I'd like to get my $160 back...

JL

You and everyone else. I'm just glad as hell I only pre-ordered 1 CD!

Well hell, I've kept silent on this long enough. I've had my suspicions about Lonnie for several months now...ever since he starting throwing bullshit excuses my way on why our trade was getting delayed again and again and again. First off it was that he was buying a new house. Then he was having major back surgery. Next he was traveling to Florida...it just went on and on. I talked to a couple others here at the board (who I don't want to name...if they feel like weighing in, that's their choice) via PM about my problems with Lonnie, and they pretty much confirmed that something fishy was going on. Even my PM's regarding the live Hurricane release were ignored, which I thought was awful strange. I would bet that the only thing that screwed with the scam was when Grab.em.all posted regarding his problems with contacting Lonnie. The scam was then shifted into damage control, trying to assure everyone here at the board that everything was fine. I wanted very badly to call Lonnie out, hoping if my concerns were voiced in a public forum I'd get a response from him, but figured I'd get napalmed by other members here who consider him a friend (& at one time, that included me).

:yikes:

This thread sure got ugly since the last time I checked in...

I don't know Lon very well and have never had any dealings with him outside of occasionally replying to something he posted on this board, but he always seemed like a stand up dude to me. However, if these suspicions of scamming on his part are indeed true, then I hope you ALL go after him with both barrels. :bigboom: Someone who would do something this under-handed to a group of people who have been nothing but friends to him for who knows how long, deserves nothing less.

So that's my two cents, I'm getting outta here now cuz anything else would be redundant...

Well hell, I've kept silent on this long enough. I've had my suspicions about Lonnie for several months now...ever since he starting throwing bullshit excuses my way on why our trade was getting delayed again and again and again. First off it was that he was buying a new house. Then he was having major back surgery. Next he was traveling to Florida...it just went on and on. I talked to a couple others here at the board (who I don't want to name...if they feel like weighing in, that's their choice) via PM about my problems with Lonnie, and they pretty much confirmed that something fishy was going on. Even my PM's regarding the live Hurricane release were ignored, which I thought was awful strange. I would bet that the only thing that screwed with the scam was when Grab.em.all posted regarding his problems with contacting Lonnie. The scam was then shifted into damage control, trying to assure everyone here at the board that everything was fine. I wanted very badly to call Lonnie out, hoping if my concerns were voiced in a public forum I'd get a response from him, but figured I'd get napalmed by other members here who consider him a friend (& at one time, that included me).

I was just ready to post about the thread that Grabemall started!

Good thing I read this first!

My how our thoughts have changed within a few days!

I'm lucky in that I'm not out too much...I did spend around $300 picking up cd's that Lonnie specifically requested for our trade, but I can always turn around & sell them. It's just a *&% hassle I wasn't planning on having to deal with.

I'm lucky in that I'm not out too much...I did spend around $300 picking up cd's that Lonnie specifically requested for our trade, but I can always turn around & sell them. It's just a *&% hassle I wasn't planning on having to deal with.

I can vouch for chocularok cuz I was one of the people he confided in. And yes, I gave Lon the benefit of the doubt cuz of my past experiences with him. So I can say chocularok is right, he has been talking to me about the bad luck he has had with Lonnie for well past a month now. Too bad I was wrong! I hope Lonnie is happy that he sold his soul to the :devil:

Yes, Mike and Danny, I Paypal him more than $1,000 for cds like Theatre, Rock Boulevard and Sgt Roxx almost 15 days ago...he didn´t told any history, just said that he was selling the rest of his collection because he would not have time to collect anymore...I also pre-ordered a few Hurricane cds...

I just opened a Paypal dispute, but I´m here, in Brasil...I have a bad feeling that I will lose this money, I don´t know if Paypal will refund me, even so I have all the requisites...Could you help me, please? If anybody is near this guy, please go to the police dept. Any chance to prosecute him? I am a lawyer, but I don´t know the american law.

Actually, I am very sad, extremely disappointed, I am sorry to say that, but I am seriously thinking to quit and leave the HR scene, trading/selling those top rarities...I am tired to see more and more swindlers stealing money from honest people.

I can appreciate how you feel Adriano. Just keep in mind that there are a lot of people on the HH message board who are good and honest people. I just hate losing a good trader like you to this great online community. I think we all need to learn a lesson from this and be more pro-active when it comes to people re-issuing or selling CDs, even when it is one of our own.

I'm shocked, to say the least.

BTW, I was really in a car accident.

What a strange weekend, unbelievable!

Couldn't agree more........I'm bowled over by what I've read here tonight.

BTW glad you and yours are okay too!

I only pre-ordered 1 myself.....but either way 1 or 100 is really sucks to be taken advantage of by anybody but it really hurts when it's by someone who you thought you could trust.

In a strange way I almost feel sorry for him....to have to sink so low as to take advantge of people like this,there must be something really wrong in his life to do this...a shame really.Just my 2 cents.

Even through all the bullshit there's something distinctly not right about this whole deal.

I have spoke with Lonnie a few times on the phone and I just will not believe his intentions were to shaft so many people out of a few grand. No - there's more to this story.

EXAMPLE

Frontrunner. Now these guys came to me and asked me to sign them and work out a licensing deal. I told Lonnie that this band was his baby and he should release their stuff. He was cool with that and sorted it out - Why would he lead them astray instead of passing the deal on to me?

Man , I dunno , I understand some of you are pissed but I think we need to get some more facts straight.

If Lon has really planned this and fucked people over (including me by the way) then this topples any bullshit I have gone through with you guys.

THIS IS WHY YOU NEVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER FUCK AROUND WITH PRE-ORDERS.

I NEVER offer pre-orders with my releases until they are in my hands and ready to ship.

I hope you have learned a lesson.

I am absolutely shocked that Lon would do this and I think the truth will eventually emerge.