Lonnie Holdaway and the Hurricane CD reissues scam

I hope everything goes well and that Lon can recover quickly and can put the accident behind him. I feel sheepish even talking about my van rolling over yesterday, lucky for my family we were all OK.

Get well soon!

Dave

Hey David, j'espère que ton accident n'était pas grave et que toi et ta famille vont bien !

Une pensée de ton cousin français.

Salut Chris,

Le maudit climat Canadien!! Nous sommes très bien.

Merci, David

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several hospitals in St.Louis MO. BARNES JEWISH being the largest and most regonized-might try there. Also there is St.Johns and Forest Park Hospital not to mention several others.

Barnes Jewish Hospital - (314) 454-7166 - Saint Louis, MO

St.Johns MERCY Hospital

615 S. New Ballas Road

St. Louis, MO 63141

314-251-6000

They may have taken him to the Hospital there in Blytheville also.

Baptist Memorial Hospital-Blytheville

1520 N. Division St.

Blytheville, Ark. 72315

(870) 838-7300

OK folks..... first, let me say that over the last few years, my dealings with Lon were always pleasant, and he has never been anything other than a stand up guy. If you are laying in a hospital somewhere Lon, I'm still praying for ya bud.

Now, that's where the good stuff has to end. -_-

I just received the following email from Jay Schellen, former drummer for Hurricane, when I emailed him to ask him how everything was going in regards to the Hurricane re-issues:

Hey Michael, Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

This is a scam to get Hurricane Fans $$$!!!! I just

spoke to Kelly and we both know nothing of this let

alone quotes from backstage!! Tell everyone you know

this is a scam. Kelly and I are going to get our

people on this ASAP--Thanks again for the heads up,

you're a bro!----J

-----------------------------

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news folks, but something VERY bad is going on here.

Mike

something definitely not right here....

for folks that have paid via paypal, what do you suggest we do?

can a transaction be cancelled?

All I can suggest is that if you feel like you've been taken on your dealings with RnR Records, file a Pay Pal claim, and see what happens.

To be honest, I'm so stunned by this revelation, that I'm really speachless at the moment....

M.

I Hated to do this but I filed a paypal dispute. Ive dealt with Lon numerous times and can't believe this.

Ditto, I did the same. I think Lonnie is trying to dupe us all.

what's the best course of action there?

no received item, unauthorised transaction,....?

I personally cat believe this either but i have to cover my own arse. If this is all wrong then apologies, but things don't seem right.

I also have a 2nd order or 4 Poison (remasters) discs outstanding from Lon aswell.

I hope everything goes well and that Lon can recover quickly and can put the accident behind him. I feel sheepish even talking about my van rolling over yesterday, lucky for my family we were all OK.

Get well soon!

Dave

Regardless, Dave, I'm glad you and yours are ok. Vans can be replaced, people not so much.

I hope Lon is ok, both from a physical and psychological standpoint. I've received some communication behind the scenes that tells me we need to get to the bottom of this ASAP. I have PM'ed Lon/David to either post or email the specific hospital information, including room number, both for those who wish to send their best wishes, and to verify that this is indeed what's going on.

-Dan

David,

Please respond quickly with this info. Thanks.

:popcorn: cant wait to here from the supposed nephew and what his excuse will be this time..pretty sure this will be the last time we hear from him ..this took some planning to execute..he carefully set this scam up ..hey lon :fu: hope u sleep good at night

Guys, I cannot even describe how I feel right now. I am so SHOCKED. I have stood up for, went to bat for & done anything I could to help Lon out. I feel completely stupid for not seeing this sooner. Needless to say I filed two claims with Paypal (one for each order) and pray I get my money back.

Even more so, I am disappointed that the cd's are not coming out....and even more disappointed to find out a friend is nothing more than a fraud...

JL

I can not believe what is going on!! This is some serious bullshit!! Even more-so that they are screwing the band and the fans!! I really hope this is completely wrong but it sure doesnt sound like it!!! I filed a claim with Paypal as well!! Later Rich

In light of all that has transpired thus far, I urge everyone to not only file a PayPal dispute online (file the claim for nonreceipt of merchandise) and immediately escalate it to a claim, but preferably phone PayPal as well. Their attention level needs to be raised on this issue.

If, however, this was intentionally orchestrated (as it is appearing more and more likely to be the case), he's probably long emptied the PayPal account, in which case recovering funds is unlikely. Some of the dollar amounts are high enough that they may rise to the level of getting the federal authorities involved. If he withdrew the funds to his bank account, bank fraud is a possibility as well.

Those of you who funded their payments with credit cards will still have recourse through your credit card companies.

I honestly don't know what to recommend to Adriano and Georg, since they are not located within the U.S. Hopefully they funded their payments by credit card as well.

The music industry is a cesspool. :(

-Dan

OMG, this is not real! My heart goes to Lon (if he is in hospital), or to everyone who got burned...

David or Lon, come on men, straighten things up! I know there should be a logical explanation to this...

OMG, this is not real! My heart goes to Lon (if he is in hospital), or to everyone who got burned...

David or Lon, come on men, straighten things up! I know there should be a logical explanation to this...

I agree. I am hoping that things will get straightened out, but there is a lot of circumstancial evidence that is not good.

I did not actually order any items, but I had visited the site and was probably going to buy just about everything (at least the Hurricane items) today or tomorrow.

There was no wreck, there was no hospital...there is however a knife in a lot of people's back.

JL

Just got off the phone with another friend in the industry who contacted Kelly Hansen about these reissues: He'd never heard of them. Also, there's no record of the record label with Navarre Distribution.

Looks like it's all bogus, folks.

-Dan

There was no wreck, there was no hospital...there is however a knife in a lot of people's back.

JL

I understand and I have seen Lon/David logged in twice today already without leaving a posting, but still it is hard for me to accept this was a cold planned rip-off of such massive proportions... Yes, I admit all of the facts point so, but who in their right state of mind would rip-off people, many of which regard him as a friend, know his home address and have been talking to him on the phone etc. Just doesnt sound right to me - I'm not defending anyone at all, just trying to see any logic behind this...

Dan, unfortunately I suspect that is a fraud, I am very worried...I just filed a complaint through Paypal, I will escalate it to a claim...but I really don´t know what I will do...I had $1,000 in my Paypal account and sent all the money to Lonnie´s account, of course I trusted him...not only for the Hurricane material...also to get some other rare cds...

Just got off the phone with another friend in the industry who contacted Kelly Hansen about these reissues: He'd never heard of them.

Looks like it's all bogus, folks.

-Dan

Oh well, in this case all hats off to Lon - this is the most carefully planned cone I've ever seen... never saw it coming :wacko:

I understand and I have seen Lon/David logged in twice today already without leaving a posting, but still it is hard for me to accept this was a cold planned rip-off of such massive proportions... Yes, I admit all of the facts point so, but who in their right state of mind would rip-off people, many of which regard him as a friend, know his home address and have been talking to him on the phone etc. Just doesnt sound right to me - I'm not defending anyone at all, just trying to see any logic behind this...

It's called greed. That transcends all emotions, loyalty, or comradery.

In a way, fan sites like this and melodicrock allow predators to prey upon the passion of ardent fans. We, as music fans, *WANT* to believe that music we love is getting officially reissued, rather than the seemingly normal bootleg state of affairs, so we're more willing to believe.

What hurts though, is that it's a longtime member of the community, an "insider" so to speak, that did this. Not some nameless entity from the outside.

*sigh*

-Dan