Best of the best German bands, part 2

Best of the best German bands  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Of course its only my opinion, but this isnt even a contest, HOW THE FUCK IS EDGUY NOT DESTROYING EVERY BAND ON THIS LIST!!! like i said my opinon!

Because the majority of the bands are better than them? ;)

of course this topic is as funny as the fact that edguy are included in a best of german bands....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course its only my opinion, but this isnt even a contest, HOW THE FUCK IS EDGUY NOT DESTROYING EVERY BAND ON THIS LIST!!! like i said my opinon!

Because the majority of the bands are better than them? ;)

of course this topic is as funny as the fact that edguy are included in a best of german bands....

...meanwhile important bands like Running Wild,Rage or Grave Digger are NOT included...

Not a vote for Gamma Ray, Primal Fear or Blind Guardian.

Who is "Kingdome Come"? :whistle:

Very pleased to see no votes for Gamma Ray and Blind Guardian. To me, all I hear when I listen to these bands is good intros, decent verses, some nice solos, but awful choruses. The choruses all seem to be so twee - happy, jaunty, shouty affairs that completely ruin the songs for me. First couple of Gamma Ray albums had some nice tracks on them, but then they went all power-metal-twee-chorus-nonsense.

:rant:

Very pleased to see no votes for Gamma Ray and Blind Guardian. To me, all I hear when I listen to these bands is good intros, decent verses, some nice solos, but awful choruses. The choruses all seem to be so twee - happy, jaunty, shouty affairs that completely ruin the songs for me. First couple of Gamma Ray albums had some nice tracks on them, but then they went all power-metal-twee-chorus-nonsense.

Different strokes for different folks I guess since I love all of those bands.

Blind Guardian started out more as a Helloween ripoff band but have grown into something so much more and of their last 3 discs they all sound different which I appreciate. I prefer the more Power Metal style of Primal Fear but still enjoy the last few discs from then. Gamma Ray I still like and actually prefer with Kai singing but the last disc was just okay but haven't heard the new one yet.

Nice to see that my old poll is still so popular ! ;)

Yeah, backed mate. Hate that kind of stuff with a passion.