Best of the best German bands, part 2

Best of the best German bands  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Accept

2.Scorpions

3.Helloween

4.Blind Guardian

5.Warlock

I have to admit that there are lots of bands from the list that i never heard :Bonfire,Pink Cream 69, Fair Warning,Victory,Jaded Heart,Frontline,etc..

1.Accept

2.Scorpions

3.Helloween

4.Blind Guardian

5.Warlock

I have to admit that there are lots of bands from the list that i never heard :Bonfire,Pink Cream 69, Fair Warning,Victory,Jaded Heart,Frontline,etc..

Wow mate, you're missing out on all the best ones. Except Fair Warning... they just suck. ;)

Looks like I'm the only Warlock vote so far. But then again... I've never been one who conformed musically. I'd have to put Doro's solo work second behind Warlock. What a great band to see live... Doro can sure command an audience. I saw Warlock 5 times and Doro at least another 5 times.. never a let down.

As some of you may have noticed by other posts... A band or artist's live show is very important to me. On a stage is where the real magic happens.... much more so then on a recording that has had so many hands tweaking the outcome.

After a couple more great releases from Doro and a few more live shows since this original post I now would move Doro ahead of Warlock. Doro's last 2 releases just might be my 2 favorite that she has released.

1.Accept

2.Scorpions

3.Helloween

4.Blind Guardian

5.Warlock

Wow mate, you're missing out on all the best ones. Except Fair Warning... they just suck. ;)

Ok, then any advices are welcome.

For instance , what are the 3 most important albums from those bands, the ones i should get first?

1.Accept

2.Scorpions

3.Helloween

4.Blind Guardian

5.Warlock

For instance , what are the 3 most important albums from those bands, the ones i should get first?

Your wish is my command:

Bonfire:

1. Point Blank

2. Fireworks

3. Fuel to the flames

Pink Cream 69:

1. One size fits all

2. Electrified

3. s/t

Victory:

1. Culture killed the native

2. Temples of gold

3. Hungry Hearts / You bought it... you name it (either way, can't go wrong - include 'Don't get mad get even' too)

Jaded Heart:

1. Inside Out

2. IV

3. Trust

Frontline:

1. Almost unreleased

2. Right Attitude (EUR) / Heroes (JAP) (a lot of songs cross-over on these 2 releases)

3. Against the world

I can pretty much guarantee you will not regret one of those purchases.

And once you've bought all the other albums from these bands, if you really feel the need to bother with Fair Warning...

Fair Warning:

1. Go

2. s/t

3. Rainmaker

just shows i know very little about german rock as there is only about 2 bands on that list that i own something by them.

Then take my above advice IMMEDIATELY! And while you're at it get the Casanova CDs too.

just shows i know very little about german rock as there is only about 2 bands on that list that i own something by them.

Then take my above advice IMMEDIATELY! And while you're at it get the Casanova CDs too.

i have cassanova and kingdom come.

i find german rock a little to much on the melodic metal side for my liking.

1.Accept

2.Scorpions

3.Helloween

4.Blind Guardian

5.Warlock

Your wish is my command:

Bonfire:

1. Point Blank

2. Fireworks

3. Fuel to the flames

Pink Cream 69:

1. One size fits all

2. Electrified

3. s/t

Victory:

2. Temples of gold

3. Hungry Hearts / You bought it... you name it (either way, can't go wrong - include 'Don't get mad get even' too)

Jaded Heart:

1. Inside Out

2. IV

3. Trust

Frontline:

1. Almost unreleased

2. Right Attitude (EUR) / Heroes (JAP) (a lot of songs cross-over on these 2 releases)

3. Against the world

And once you've bought all the other albums from these bands, if you really feel the need to bother with Fair Warning...

Fair Warning:

1. Go

2. s/t

3. Rainmaker

thanks mate.

one more question:from ALL the suggestions above, which are the first 3 albums to get?

1.Accept

2.Scorpions

3.Helloween

4.Blind Guardian

5.Warlock

Your wish is my command:

Bonfire:

1. Point Blank

2. Fireworks

3. Fuel to the flames

Pink Cream 69:

1. One size fits all

2. Electrified

3. s/t

Victory:

2. Temples of gold

Jaded Heart:

1. Inside Out

2. IV

3. Trust

Frontline:

1. Almost unreleased

3. Against the world

Fair Warning:

1. Go

2. s/t

3. Rainmaker

thanks mate.

one more question:from ALL the suggestions above, which are the first 3 albums to get?

If you like Metal or Harder Rock I'd say go with Victory 'Culture Killed the Native' or anything from Pink Cream 69, especially the first three discs with Andi Deris(Helloween).

1.Accept

2.Scorpions

3.Helloween

4.Blind Guardian

5.Warlock

Your wish is my command:

Bonfire:

1. Point Blank

2. Fireworks

3. Fuel to the flames

Pink Cream 69:

1. One size fits all

2. Electrified

3. s/t

Victory:

2. Temples of gold

Jaded Heart:

1. Inside Out

2. IV

3. Trust

Frontline:

1. Almost unreleased

3. Against the world

Fair Warning:

1. Go

2. s/t

3. Rainmaker

thanks mate.

Wow man, that's tough. In all honesty, any three of them would do (except Fair Warning) but my personal picks would be:

Bonfire - 'Point blank'

Victory - 'Culture killed the native'

Frontline - 'Almost unreleased'

Lol, I know I've been harsh on Fair Warning, but if you're an AOR fan you'll probably love them too - they are very popular on this forum, so give them a go too. :)

Wow man, that's tough. In all honesty, any three of them would do (except Fair Warning) but my personal picks would be:

Bonfire - 'Point blank'

Victory - 'Culture killed the native'

Frontline - 'Almost unreleased'

Lol, I know I've been harsh on Fair Warning, but if you're an AOR fan you'll probably love them too - they are very popular on this forum, so give them a go too. :)

If you replace the Frontline disc with the Fair Warning s/t debut then Geoff would've been spot-on....

Of course its only my opinion, but this isnt even a contest, HOW THE FUCK IS EDGUY NOT DESTROYING EVERY BAND ON THIS LIST!!! like i said my opinon!

Of course its only my opinion, but this isnt even a contest, HOW THE FUCK IS EDGUY NOT DESTROYING EVERY BAND ON THIS LIST!!! like i said my opinon!

Because the majority of the bands are better than them? ;)