Best of the best German bands, part 2

Best of the best German bands  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello guys and girls !!

Here is another one !! :P

Since the first poll was not complete (mainly due to system restrictions ;) ) I created a second poll looking for the Best of the best German band.

The first 13 bands received points in the first poll. These you can see in the bracket behind the band name. The other 7 bands had been left out in the first poll (shame on me ! :anon: ) and some of you will never forgive me for that. ;) The total number is therefore 20, which is the system restriction. (Iron Saviour, Tankard, ..., are still not part. Sorry ! But who the f*ck are they ?? They are not even part of HH !! :whistle: )

So, no more excuses, go for it ! Have fun taking your choice !!! :P

:banger:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First vote cast by me. :) Excellent. Well, so far Frontline have 100% of the votes. As I think I said in my first choice, Bonfire's 'Fireworks' and 'Point Blank' are the epitome of excellent music, but the majority of the catalogue is questionable. Victory are in my top 10 bands of all time, as are Jaded Heart... but I don't think anyone's catalogue competes with Frontline. I always draw attention to 'Almost Unreleased'... which contains some of the best melodic hard rock songs ever recorded... and these are leftovers!! Not even "proper" album tracks. The band is just excellent and my pick here.

Gotta go with my boys from Helloween here!!

Easy for me to go Victory hands down. As much as I love Jaded Heart & Bonfire, Victory's studio albums have been consistently good over the years...well, at least until they got Charlie back:)

JL

(Iron Saviour, Tankard, ..., are still not part. Sorry ! But who the f*ck are they ?? They are not even part of HH !! :whistle: )

Just so you know, Swazi, Iron Savior (no "u") is a power metal band featuring Piet Sielck, who was a member of Helloween in their very early stages (before they got signed). After he left them he went into studio/production work for other bands (he worked on albums for Saxon, Blind Guardian, and many others) before he decided to give playing his own music a go in the late 90s. Their songs are based around a very cool science-fiction concept story that he created and continues on each new album. Kai Hansen of Gamma Ray played on the first few Iron Savior discs.

Tankard is a long-running thrash band (they've been around for a good 20 years at least) who sing songs almost exclusively about beer. Their current CD is called "Beauty And The Beer" I believe. Others include "Zombie Attack," "Chemical Invasion" and "Disco Destroyer." They're not bad but if you have heard one Tankard album you've pretty much heard'em all. :whistle:

Gotta go with my boys from Helloween here!!

Helloween for me too(I'm sure that was a big suprise ;) ).

Great poll though and there's some great bands up there.

It's tough not to pick Accept, Jaded Heart, PC 69, Scorpions, Victory, Gamma Ray, Primal Fear, or Blind Guardian, but I gotta stick with Helloween as they get more play in my cd players year after year then any of the other bands.

Well, myself I went for Jaded Heart. What a surprise !! ;)

(Iron Saviour, Tankard, ..., are still not part. Sorry ! But who the f*ck are they ?? They are not even part of HH !! :whistle: )

Just so you know, Swazi, Iron Savior (no "u") is a power metal band featuring Piet Sielck, who was a member of Helloween in their very early stages (before they got signed). After he left them he went into studio/production work for other bands (he worked on albums for Saxon, Blind Guardian, and many others) before he decided to give playing his own music a go in the late 90s. Their songs are based around a very cool science-fiction concept story that he created and continues on each new album. Kai Hansen of Gamma Ray played on the first few Iron Savior discs.

Tankard is a long-running thrash band (they've been around for a good 20 years at least) who sing songs almost exclusively about beer. Their current CD is called "Beauty And The Beer" I believe. Others include "Zombie Attack," "Chemical Invasion" and "Disco Destroyer." They're not bad but if you have heard one Tankard album you've pretty much heard'em all. :whistle:

Thanks for the music history lesson, Keef ! :P I really didn't know this, I've never heard anything by them.

Thanks for the music history lesson, Keef ! :P I really didn't know this, I've never heard anything by them.

No problem... I figured neither band is exactly your style... of the two I prefer Iron Savior over Tankard, even though I like Tankard's "all beer all the time" attitude. :drink:

I'm gonna shock everyone by picking Fair Warning. The mighty Primal Fear were very close, & leaving out bands like PC69, Victory, Jaded Heart was tough - but 2 clear winners IMO.

I'll go with Accept....love them.

But I was sorely disappointed at not seeing Faithful Breath listed :lol: One of my favourite albums is Rock Lions by them.

But I was sorely disappointed at not seeing Faithful Breath listed :lol: One of my favourite albums is Rock Lions by them.

What the F*CK !!!

:rofl2:

What the F*CK !!!

:rofl2:

Serious Bernd...have you not heard of them? If you ever see the Rock Lions album check out the cover, it's two band members on the front with viking helmets on so you pretty much know what your in for, which is pretty basic unsubtle hard rock. It was released on the Sky label years ago. They did quite a few albums but Rock Lions is the only one for me :P

Kingdom Come again. Even if the band is half american...

went with the Scorpions,as in my eyes there are the daddy's of german rock/metal. :headbanger: Although i'm a big fan of Warlock,Accept and Helloween

Looks like I'm the only Warlock vote so far. But then again... I've never been one who conformed musically. I'd have to put Doro's solo work second behind Warlock. What a great band to see live... Doro can sure command an audience. I saw Warlock 5 times and Doro at least another 5 times.. never a let down.

As some of you may have noticed by other posts... A band or artist's live show is very important to me. On a stage is where the real magic happens.... much more so then on a recording that has had so many hands tweaking the outcome.

I kinda miss MSG...

Michael would have gotten my number one vote !

Are they German ??? :unsure:

I kinda miss MSG...

Michael Schenker is definitely German, but I dunno about the rest of the guys in the band... :unsure:

I kinda miss MSG...

Michael Schenker is definitely German, but I dunno about the rest of the guys in the band... :unsure:

I think Michael is the only member of the band that was German.

Out of the 3 vocalists he had in the 80's era of the band, I think 2 of them were English(Bonnett & Barden), and I think Robin McCauley is American.

Wow!! Finally got some good bands on there Wes!! LMAO!! I'm torn--- Bonfire, Casanova....... But I've got to agree with Jarred on this one!! Victory stands over all!! Rich :banger:

I could type something new here, but I'm going to take the lazy route and just copy/paste what I wrote in the original "Best of the Best German Bands" poll, and that is...

...technically, Jaded Heart and PC69 are the better bands, but Bonfire holds a place near & dear my heart, so I voted for them. I'll probably always cut them more slack than they deserve, simply because they're responsible for two of my all-time favorite melodic rock CDs, "Fireworks" and "Point Blank." I want to believe that they're still capable of someday creating another classic like those two albums, but then again, I also want to believe in the underwear gnomes...