Aussie Bands

Jez

I just picked up 'Circus Zombies - Another Timeless Classic'.

This is pretty good. Think Skid Row meets GnR with a sprinkling of Black Crowes.

Never heard of them before but I recalled the name from the HH database.

anyone know if these guys did anything else?

O you poor bastard! Thats all i can say...

I had that long ago, thought it was rubbish. From memory i thought it was kinda a mix of Aerosmith and Candy Harlots...

I can't see any Aerosmith in it. Candy Ahrlots... a little. But more GnR, FPC, Skid ROw..

I think we should have a ruling:

Lindsay likes = Matt hates = sleaze

Simlarly,

Matt likes = Lindsay hates = aor

Also,

Geoff = emo

geoff = emo is our common ground.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up 'Circus Zombies - Another Timeless Classic'.

This is pretty good. Think Skid Row meets GnR with a sprinkling of Black Crowes.

Never heard of them before but I recalled the name from the HH database.

anyone know if these guys did anything else?

O you poor bastard! Thats all i can say...

I had that long ago, thought it was rubbish. From memory i thought it was kinda a mix of Aerosmith and Candy Harlots...

I can't see any Aerosmith in it. Candy Ahrlots... a little. But more GnR, FPC, Skid ROw..

I think we should have a ruling:

Simlarly,

Matt likes = Lindsay hates = aor

Also,

Geoff = emo

geoff = emo is our common ground.

actually i could see that album being right up your alley, and actually thought you already had it. From memory there were a few ok sleazy tracks, but i got rid of it around the time i got rid of most my aussie indies as theres just too much good stuff out there to bother with them...

Linds do you have Firesign? You might like that... Aussie indie..

no haven't got that one.

what do they sound like?

umm not sure... not typical aussie rock...bit melodic, bit sleezy... ill shoot u some samples when i get the time...its a pretty enjoyable album. ALl i know if they supported Screaming jets on a tour of Qld about 10 yrs ago or something?

Chaps, allow me to sort this out:

Simlarly,

Matt likes = Lindsay hates = the most random selection on the planet

Also,

Geoff = everything that's good.

Chaps, allow me to sort this out:

Simlarly,

Matt likes = Lindsay hates = the most random selection on the planet

Also,

Geoff = everything that's good.

Its called Diversity...

It's called half shit / half good... but completely random and patternless.

You're a clutz.

• 1 month later...
taramis-queen of thieves by a country mile.then enfticer's 7" inch single, vauxdvihl's to dimension logic, pegazus' wings of destiny. have to search though for some titles mentioned in this thread. thanx.

that taramis release was pressed on casette & lp...... apparently even the band doesn't own a copy for themselves.

i own both the vinyl versions of it(metal from melbourne and metal blade)...no tapes(although i could give land and water for prowler's demotape)

• 6 months later...
White Widdow finally have some tracks up on their myspace page, with an ep due very soon.

Vey 80s melodic hair-metal sorta stuff.

www.myspace.com/whitewiddowrocks

Good to see an adelaide gig on the books too!

Wow mate, they're actually really good. Almost like a more melodic The Deadthings but with a MUCH better production job and keys. But the vocals are very similar to the dude from The Deadthings. Be sure to let me know if these guys are due in Sydney because that's some really good shit. Best I've heard from an Aussie band since Teargas.

But the vocals are very similar to the dude from The Deadthings.

You do realise that it is the same guy....

HAHA! I didn't but there you go. Explains a bit...

Heres some Aussie bands I enjoy, and Im sure ive left some out, either that I didnt remember, or I didnt know were Aussies!

1. Hunter

2. Roxus

3. Bengal Tigers

4. The Poor

5. The Outfield

6. Springfield

Heres some Aussie bands I enjoy, and Im sure ive left some out, either that I didnt remember, or I didnt know were Aussies!

1. Hunter

2. Roxus

3. Bengal Tigers

4. The Poor

5. The Outfield

6. Springfield

The Outfield are from London, or is there another band with the same name?

Taste were a great band from the 70's and I'm lead to believe that they will soon own their music that they released back then, which is still currently owned by their old record label and once this occurs, they {The band}, will release the albums on CD, something that the record label never did which is absolutely staggering!!!!!

Dave,did you pick up the new cd from Taste"Rock Is Dead"?Only given this one spin but i enjoyed what i heard.

I have not got it but I have heard it and to me it was not bad but also nothing I would rush out to buy.

I just loved their early stuff, Tickle Everbody's Fancy, Rock and Roll Superstar, Boys Will Be Boys etc.

The band also provided the best drummer to ever come out of Australia in Virgil Donati.

• 2 weeks later...
Dave,did you pick up the new cd from Taste"Rock Is Dead"?Only given this one spin but i enjoyed what i heard.

I have not got it but I have heard it and to me it was not bad but also nothing I would rush out to buy.

I just loved their early stuff, Tickle Everbody's Fancy, Rock and Roll Superstar, Boys Will Be Boys etc.

The band also provided the best drummer to ever come out of Australia in Virgil Donati.

who could forget about THE STATE - ELEMENTARY ( pre southern sons ) featuring the grat talents of Virgil Donati, top pop rock AOR :beerbang:

Some great CDs here but I can't believe there isn't more talk about Kings of the Sun - all 3 CDs are great.

I love that Candy Harlots CD!!!

What about the skyhooks? Take all their best tracks and you get one smokin CD! Same with the Angels, songs like No Secrets, Shadowboxer awesome stuff.

Also, the first 2 Screaming Jets CDs rock.

For those not into Progresive Metal but open minded take a chance on Vanishing Point's 3rd CD Embrace the Silence, great album.... perhaps a bit long and dies off towards the end but the first 40mins kick ass and really accessible.