Aussie Bands

Jez

Random Aussie CD story...

Was at a pawn shop on the weekend, and amongst all Geoffs old Scandalus CD's i saw the spine of a Just Strait CD... COOL. until i pulled it out to find the cover insert was missing and replaced with some ugly dude who looked like MIchael Bolton. Searched the rest of the store.. but nothing.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at a pawn shop on the weekend, and amongst all Geoffs old Scandalus CD's i saw the spine of a Just Strait CD... COOL. until i pulled it out to find the cover insert was missing and replaced with some ugly dude who looked like MIchael Bolton. Searched the rest of the store.. but nothing.

Is that some super rare Aussie band? I've not heard of them.

A similar sh*tty thing happened to me in Manly once, at Cash Converters where I found The Brave's debut. I was so happy, until they couldn't find the actual CD to put in the case. :(

A similar sh*tty thing happened to me in Manly once, at Cash Converters where I found The Brave's debut. I was so happy, until they couldn't find the actual CD to put in the case. :(

I duno what its like at all.. i vaguely remember lindsay having a few copies for sale for a long time, comparing to CHoirboys perhaps?... but i jsut couldnt be bothered buying a cd without cover, so i bought you back your Scandalus cd's instead.... whats your address again Geoff? And do you want all 18 copies?

I duno what its like at all.. i vaguely remember lindsay having a few copies for sale for a long time, comparing to CHoirboys perhaps?... but i jsut couldnt be bothered buying a cd without cover, so i bought you back your Scandalus cd's instead.... whats your address again Geoff? And do you want all 18 copies?

I've sold quite a few 'just strait' cds for around the $40 mark. they are good trade material.

Off the top of my head I can't recall exacctly what they sound like except for the fact that they have that 'typical' Aussie 90s rock sound. On my comment on the main page I have compared them to Axcel, Kickstart and Noiseworks.

17 Homosexual Avenue

Poof Palisades, UTA, 6969

Australia

And yes, I want all 18 back. Plus the two copies I know you have under your bed.

• 3 weeks later...

WHAT THE FUCK!

6 pages and no mention of THE ANGELS!

The original lineup getting back together for a charity event.

Here are a few of my faves!

ROSE TATTOO-ROSE TATTOO

KINGS OF THE SUN-KINGS OF THE SUN

THE CHOIRBOYS-THE CHOIRBOYS

SCREAMING JETS-ALL FOR ONE

ROSE TATTOO-ASSAULT & BATTERY

THE ANGELS-FACE TO FACE

THE ANGELS-DARKROOM

AC/DC-POWERAGE

AC/DC-LET THERE BE ROCK

HEAVEN-BENT

CHEETAH-R & R WOMEN

17 Homosexual Avenue

Australia

And yes, I want all 18 back. Plus the two copies I know you have under your bed.

Don't forget to send back the Jason Donovan and the Veronicas CD's aswell :lol:

17 Homosexual Avenue

Australia

Don't forget to send back the Jason Donovan and the Veronicas CD's aswell :lol:

Dave - Do you like The Angels stuff?? Have been getting all their back catologue recently and am really liking most of it. Great band.

Dave - Do you like The Angels stuff?? Have been getting all their back catologue recently and am really liking most of it. Great band.

Jez, they were just one of those bands I could never get into, just like AC/DC.

Sorry Jez, but the Angels do suck. So bad we Aussies can't even try to be supportive of our own flesh and blood. :(

Sorry Jez, but the Angels do suck. So bad we Aussies can't even try to be supportive of our own flesh and blood. :(

The Angels are one band i cant stand...not because theyre bad, hell i dont know much about them, but theyve always just been there... just being annoying.

The Angels are one band i cant stand...not because theyre bad, hell i dont know much about them, but theyve always just been there... just being annoying.

Same story here. I've seen/heard the singles, owned a tape or two but always thought they just sucked. But I really know very little about their whole career. And plan to keep it that way.

Same story here. I've seen/heard the singles, owned a tape or two but always thought they just sucked. But I really know very little about their whole career. And plan to keep it that way.

Fair enough guys. I can see why you probably wouldn't like their stuff, seeing as you don't like all the other 'Pub' (for want of a better word) style bands over there!! Obviously over here they aren't well known at all, so most of there stuff is pretty new to my ears.

I saw them supporting Cheap Trick on the 'All Shook Up' tour in 1980 and thought they were a pretty decent band. Then, non of their records were avaliable over here. The first cd I got was the 'Beyond Salvation' album which I thought (and still do) is really really good, especially the full Australian version which I now have. Recently I have been picking up most of their back catologue really cheap and have been enjoying most of it. Definately not the one trick pony material wise I thought they may be with, to my ears anyways, some pretty decent songs.

• 1 month later...

Just stumbled across my favourite Aussie band from the 70's, TASTE , In the Rolling Stone magazine, who have a new album out now titled "Rock Is Dead".

They had some great songs out in the 70's and it is interesting to see that you can by a compilation of the first two albums on CD directly from Ken Murdoch {The vocalist} himself.

The two albums they had back then have never been released on CD so It would be interesting to see what format the CD is and what is actually on it and the quality.

The myspace page has some samples from the new album and a couple of old clips {You Tube} from a music show we had back then on TV.

http://www.myspace.com/tasteaus

• 4 months later...
Check out an AUssie band called "Pretty Suicide" if a mix of Erotic Suicide and early glam Pantera sounds like your thing!

Their 3 track s/t demo they have out is top stuff!

arent these guys an adelaide band who's toured melbourne a few times?

No, you're thining of Diamond Sins.

Pretty Suicide are 100% melbourne I think.

O.K.!

Not really big THE ANGELS fans here, Has anyone ever hear of the TED MULRY GANG?

I only got to know him from the DAVID HASSELHOFF cover.

Does he have any c.d.s out?

I need help!

Sadly there is no cds around for Ted Mulry Gang, Ted left us a couple years, passed away with cancer.

• 3 weeks later...
I just picked up 'Circus Zombies - Another Timeless Classic'.

This is pretty good. Think Skid Row meets GnR with a sprinkling of Black Crowes.

Never heard of them before but I recalled the name from the HH database.

anyone know if these guys did anything else?

O you poor bastard! Thats all i can say...

I had that long ago, thought it was rubbish. From memory i thought it was kinda a mix of Aerosmith and Candy Harlots...

I just picked up 'Circus Zombies - Another Timeless Classic'.

This is pretty good. Think Skid Row meets GnR with a sprinkling of Black Crowes.

Never heard of them before but I recalled the name from the HH database.

anyone know if these guys did anything else?

O you poor bastard! Thats all i can say...

I had that long ago, thought it was rubbish. From memory i thought it was kinda a mix of Aerosmith and Candy Harlots...

I can't see any Aerosmith in it. Candy Ahrlots... a little. But more GnR, FPC, Skid ROw..

I think we should have a ruling:

Lindsay likes = Matt hates = sleaze

Simlarly,

Matt likes = Lindsay hates = aor

Also,

Geoff = emo