Aussie Bands

Jez

• 2023 Gold Donors

I'm not the biggest fan of the Aussie band "The Venetians", but they did strike gold with their 1988 song "Bitter Tears". One of my favorite Aussie songs ever.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not the biggest fan of the Aussie band "The Venetians", but they did strike gold with their 1988 song "Bitter Tears". One of my favorite Aussie songs ever.

Never heard of it before, but that's a pretty nice very typical Aussie kind of 80's tune. Nice.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Never heard of it before, but that's a pretty nice very typical Aussie kind of 80's tune. Nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=530BJSCDTfY

Thanks for posting the clip mate.

I've got to figure out how to do that myself.

• 5 weeks later...

Everyone knows my favorite Aussie release of any type ever, HUNTER DREAMS OF ORDINARY MEN!! I just think they got a raw deal on that album and it couldve\shouldve been huge, Im talking up there with bands like The Firm, Genesis, Steve Winwood, Eddie Money, and all the other top of the charts Rock\Pop albums of 1987, theres no reason after my 1st listen to that cd which sadly didnt even occur until 2007, that it was not only unnoticed, but seemingly ignored, there were some hits on that disc, and the only reason they werent at least here in the US, has to be that the album was never promoted after it's release, cause Rundgren made sure that fucker was radio ready when it was finished. so theres my all time favorite Aussie release, I also like Roxus, at least the song My Way which we played as a single back in the early 90's at the station I jocked at, but failed to ever produce the interest I was sure it would, I am also a fan of course of The Outfield, but Bengal Tigers I always thought could have some potential as far as the Acdc rip off groups that endlessly came out of Aus, we also played The Poor, thats a rocking song, but that album fucking blows,

Oh I wasnt aware Ice Tiger were Aussies, loved that disc, and of course Springfield, that should just be a given though, them and Outfield should be just automatically entered, by default.and of course as far as new acts, ive made it loud and clear ive been rocking the fuck out of WeaponHead, since I heard them, those fuckers no how to rock

Oh I wasnt aware Ice Tiger were Aussies, loved that disc, and of course Springfield, that should just be a given though, them and Outfield should be just automatically entered, by default.and of course as far as new acts, ive made it loud and clear ive been rocking the fuck out of WeaponHead, since I heard them, those fuckers no how to rock

The Outfield are Brits not Aussies ;)

• 2023 Gold Donors

Everyone knows my favorite Aussie release of any type ever, HUNTER DREAMS OF ORDINARY MEN!!

Interesting. I didn't know the classic Aussie/NZ band "Dragon" were known as "Hunter" overseas.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Weapon Head and Bengal Tigers

Edited by Leykis101