Aussie Bands

Jez

As I believe most people are unfamiliar with these guys, check out this link for the 5 Devils In Heaven tracks released. I'd love to hear what others think of these guys:

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?act...7FItyxUwLh5TA==

wonder what whitney & co will think of such piracy..... :P

:lol: You reckon? I just think it's long deleted, no chance in hell anyone else in the world is ever going to hear these guys... I'm sure they'd be cool with it. I hope. :(

expect a summons bud. :P

Also Mr Whitney has lost his higher register over the years as a result of an operation performed on throat cancer. he can still sing but no where as good as he used, apparently.

I hope you track down the David Whitney solo.

I doubt the band would is able to get their unreleased & released music out as it seem they dont own the rights and I hope I am wrong on this.

Only the bass player seems to be in the music biz, doing the Sydney covers round. the rest have m oved on to day jobs.

More oz bands

Indian - s/t (van halen ish hard rock, wonder if mr suncity is having nightmares on this one :P )

tim steen - s/t ( majestic christian aor ala mark free, cliff magnuss )

valhalla - hard rock with pants down ( really enjoyed the l.a hard rock sound here, great hair metal )

wohls - s/t ( gotta older bro , geofff, key laden aor ala zinatra )

plain jayne - s/t ( l.a hard rock e.p ala warrant )

bad boyz - s/t ( a rockier version of roxus, real good songs from sydney rockers )

rising storm - s/t ( aor from the top end, darwin, they did good business in Germany during the late 80's)

bloodstone - s/t ( feat joe cool post roxus, heavy keys laden hard rock done well )

frozen tears - south melbourne (late 80's europe's aor sound, real good keys laden aor )

frozen tears - silence of the night ( less keys and more hard rocky )

surrender - s/t (superb def leppardy hard rock, should have done more, guys formed grungy dogbone )

gmt - s/t ( quality aor, ala avalon, a real favourite, keys, great songs)

twice shy - s/t ( aor ala heart, yep, 2win female vox )

yeah, there's still more quality hard rock from our great nation to come :)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I believe most people are unfamiliar with these guys, check out this link for the 5 Devils In Heaven tracks released. I'd love to hear what others think of these guys:

:lol: You reckon? I just think it's long deleted, no chance in hell anyone else in the world is ever going to hear these guys... I'm sure they'd be cool with it. I hope. :(

Also Mr Whitney has lost his higher register over the years as a result of an operation performed on throat cancer. he can still sing but no where as good as he used, apparently.

Oh wow, that's sad news. He did definately have an excellent voice on him. I also hope I track down this solo album too.

Oh wow, that's sad news. He did definately have an excellent voice on him. I also hope I track down this solo album too.

Hope you do. There's some realy quality obscure aor / melodic rock releases from the sydney side.

A link for a De-Arrow (pre-Roxus) track. Pretty excellent if you ask me... a lot of keys. I reckon you may did this, Jez.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/M7HmJQCtp3l5TA%3D%3D

A link for a De-Arrow (pre-Roxus) track. Pretty excellent if you ask me... a lot of keys. I reckon you may did this, Jez.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/M7HmJQCtp3l5TA%3D%3D

Excellent stuff mate - It's on thei iPod as we speak. Did they do anything else or release any albums???

I have been spinning De Mont -'Body Language' this morning and definately prefer it above the Roxus disc

I agree ! De Mont 'Body Language' is a fantastic disc. I also like 1927, Noisework, Rick Price, Rick Springfield... etc

Geoff - thanks for the download link, great stuff !

No worries guys, glad you enjoy. Did you check out the Devils In Heaven stuff too? And sorry, I'm not sure what DeArrow released, if anything. Maybe melodicrockoz can shed some light?

Got this quote from Cool Ghoul on a glam chatboard somewhere on the net:

"De-Arrow is pre & post Roxus, they had Dragan Stanic in De-Arrow and a couple of De Arrow songs made the Roxus "NightStreet" album, when Dragan left De-Arrow to join Roxus, Joe Cool (original Roxus gtrst) joined Dea Arrow, it was kind of weird. De-Arrow kept playing a while and there are quite a few demos that were recorded. But all the people i know keep them well guarded unfortunatly. I had heard they were looking to release them on a european label, but haven't heard much more about it in a while."

As far as I know there is still nothing offically released by them. I'd love to hear more as much as you guys would. :)

No worries guys, glad you enjoy. Did you check out the Devils In Heaven stuff too? And sorry, I'm not sure what DeArrow released, if anything. Maybe melodicrockoz can shed some light?

Got this quote from Cool Ghoul on a glam chatboard somewhere on the net:

"De-Arrow is pre & post Roxus, they had Dragan Stanic in De-Arrow and a couple of De Arrow songs made the Roxus "NightStreet" album, when Dragan left De-Arrow to join Roxus, Joe Cool (original Roxus gtrst) joined Dea Arrow, it was kind of weird. De-Arrow kept playing a while and there are quite a few demos that were recorded. But all the people i know keep them well guarded unfortunatly. I had heard they were looking to release them on a european label, but haven't heard much more about it in a while."

As far as I know there is still nothing offically released by them. I'd love to hear more as much as you guys would. :)

I have a de arrow demo tape, the only one officially released. This has 4 tracks including thier version of rnr nights, imho betters roxus's version. Its true, de arrow did record more tracks, over an albums worth according to one source but are closely guarded. I recall a rumour the now defunct now n then were to release the de arrow stuff along with a well known japanese label, guess thats went no where. I know noel hart of de arrow was very keen on releasing the tracks but was blocked by another member ( name escaped me, well known song writer here in oz ) who's saddly passed away.

Joe cool who joined de arrow went on to form bloodstone, these guys released a kick butt heavy keyboard laden hard rock cd " the awakening " . the cd ws issued through label in the czech republic, it does show up on ebay on a regular basis.

the guy cool ghoul i suspect is noneother than Julian Millis, vocalist for oz horror glam band the deadthings. I bet he's got the de arrow tracks but wont give em out.

I was gonna say 'Cool Ghoul' would most likely be one of the fellas from the deadthings.

I have 4 tracks from DeArrow, so must be that 4 track demo you speak of. Quite good from memory.

I remember 'devils in heaven' being on that talent show years and years ago but cannot actually remember ther tunes. Will have to check them out. Cheers for uploading!

Did anyone ever listen to any Mandy Kane?

And odd choice you say. His latest stuff is quite 'electronic' from what i hear, and the debut album 'tragic daydreams' was also filled with electronic-ladden tracks but you could hear the hard rock backgound peering through. He/they had a 4 track demo which had a track called 'Criminal lovers'... definitely worth tracking down if you can. Shows what the band could have done if they had their focus in the right direction. Unfortunately they took a different path. I saw them live a few times and they defintely had a hard rock / glam vibe about them.

Long live pearls & swine!

Don't forget a band from the 70's called TASTE who had some killer tracks "Rock and Roll Superstar", "Boys Will Be Boys" and "Tickle Everybody's Fancy".If ever a band deserved to have their material released on CD it should be TASTE.

We also had THE BOMBERS who had IMO one of the best Aussie tracks ever released called "The Worlds On Fire".

Also a band called RABBIT who was fronted by Dave Evans {Who went on to front a band i think was called "THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER"} also had a few good tunes and also a bloke called BILLY THORPE who also cranked out some mighty good tunes.

Another band who had a brilliant track that should have charted which i do have the cds of is DRAGONFLY and the song is called "RIVER OF LOVE" :tumbsup:

I think the crowd who did the re issues of Buffalo are planning do the Taste discs in distant future.

Dragonfly were Craig ex Geshia and other members were Sepertine members, right Dave.

Devils in Heaven...

just had a listen to the 5 tracks.

2 really good tracks, 3 average tracks.

from a glam junkie's point I can see whats so average but from an aor melodic rock perspective there is nothing about devils in heaven that is average :)

Hey, no one's mentioned Aussie rockers Icehouse , yet.... they had some amazing albums!!! :)

Hey, any of you guys like modern stuff... find a copy of Irrelevant - 'Ascension'. I think it was released in 2005. Elsewhere today I called it a mix of Summerhero, Silverstein, Rise Against and Harem Scarem. Some of the songs are freakin' amazing. Check it out if you can find it.

Hey Lindsay, just out of curiosity, which 2 did you like?

off the top of my head I think it was tracks 3 and 4.

The keys at the start of track 2 make me wanna switch if off.

I find the vocals a bit weak throughout aswell.

.... and yes, with a name like 'glam junkie' you may guess they are not my niche sound, but I can still appreciate a good melodic act.

without trying to jump on the bandwagon of aussie indies that noones heard of and dont really rate anyway... i dont think of seem anyone mention an aussie classic...

Baby Animals - s/t

fantastic aussie rockin album, still played alot on radio with several big singles.

the second album sucked though.

Yeah, Baby Animals ain't that bad. The ballads off the debut are all very good. Overall, good solid disc... and I agree, the 2nd album fails miserably.

Big Deal is the band I'm talking about in several threads, always getting the wrong band name. I've called them Big Talk, Blue Ruby (who are also okay, more AOR though) but the band I am referring to with all those comments is Big Deal. Amazing production for an Aussie indie, a few fillers but a couple of truyl excellent tracks.

Okay, we have an all-star Aussie cast assembled in this thread, so who can tell me: Did Devils In Heaven ever record a full album that is currently sitting on someone's shelf somewhere? Because if there was ever a full album to be released from these guys I have no doubt at all that it would rival Roxus for that top spot.

the devils in heaven full lenght of unreleased tunes shoulld have been releasedhad either of the 2 single been a hit. Great songs!!!!!!

So does that mean there is a full album's worth of songs recorded? If so... have you ever spoken with anyone from the band, David (Suncity)? This would be an amazing release. It'd be a dream come true to see Suncity Records release Roxus' 2nd album as well as a full-length Devils In Heaven CD.

Geoff, were the 5 devils in heaven tracks you have for download the only ones ever released?

Big Deal is the band I'm talking about in several threads, always getting the wrong band name. I've called them Big Talk, Blue Ruby (who are also okay, more AOR though) but the band I am referring to with all those comments is Big Deal. Amazing production for an Aussie indie, a few fillers but a couple of truyl excellent tracks.

Okay, we have an all-star Aussie cast assembled in this thread, so who can tell me: Did Devils In Heaven ever record a full album that is currently sitting on someone's shelf somewhere? Because if there was ever a full album to be released from these guys I have no doubt at all that it would rival Roxus for that top spot.

the devils in heaven full lenght of unreleased tunes shoulld have been releasedhad either of the 2 single been a hit. Great songs!!!!!!

So does that mean there is a full album's worth of songs recorded? If so... have you ever spoken with anyone from the band, David (Suncity)? This would be an amazing release. It'd be a dream come true to see Suncity Records release Roxus' 2nd album as well as a full-length Devils In Heaven CD.

Geoff, were the 5 devils in heaven tracks you have for download the only ones ever released?

Yeah, I believe so mate.