1985 - Best HEAVY METAL Album

1985 Best Metal Album  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Y&T - Down For The Count

Accept - Metal Heart

AC/DC - Fly On The Wall

Dokken - Under Lock And Key

• 2 months later...

Part one:voted the Spectre Within, one of the greatest masterpieces in heavy metal, John Arch's performance is out of this world.

Followed closely by 3 of the best thrash albums ever( Spreading the Disease, Killing is my business and Bonded by blood)and the german Speed metal masterpiece that is Helloween's st and Walls of Jericho(also from 85).

Followed by some other great 80s metal gems: Marching out, Sacred Heart, Metal heart, Thunder in the East, Under lock and key, Love you to pieces and the great and underrated Disturbing the Peace.

Haven't heard the Malice, Laaz Rockit, Keel and Cult albums yet; We Have Arrived is from 84 in my book(great album btw).

Part two: voted Feel the fuckin Fire, my favorite album from one of the best thrash bands, it has so much attitude and balls.

Followed by classic thrash albums Seven Churches, Hell Awaits and Speak english or die and classic 80s metal albums The Last Command, Theater of Pain, Soldiers under command and Innocence is no excuse.

Also, Twisted Sister's The Fire Still Burns and the title track from Savatage's Power of the Night are classic heavy metal anthems.

I have yet to hear the Warlock, Venom, Trouble, Pantera, Running Wild and Raven albums and i think soldiers of the Night is from 86, and Metal Curch's st from 84.

Last but not least, some other great albums, such as Magnum's On a Storyteller's Night, Bon Jovi's 7800 degrees Fahrenheit, Gary Moore's Run for Cover, Destruction's infernal overkill, Kreator's Endless Pain, Grim Reaper's Fear no Evil, Manilla Road's Open the Gates, Agent Steel's Skeptics Apocalypse should be added to the list, imo.

The Cult Love in part one with Accept and Dokken dueling for second.

In part 2 I take Y&T and their exceedingly desperate attempt at a commercial hit Down for the Count. It may not have brought them fame and fortune but man, there are some catchy songs on it!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...