Albums you wished..

Wotty

I have a really cool bootleg Metallica LP called "Am I Evil?" (recorded @ the Monsters of Rock in Nuremberg, Germany in August '87) that I wish I could get on CD cuz I hardly ever pull the vinyl out of the closet nowadays... sometime I oughta look into one of those programs that converts LPs to MP3 files :(

As I recall I was with You when You picked that up too Bro..... :tumbsup: Wasn't that the concert You COULD have gone too when You were in Germany Bro??? :headbanger:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

KILLER WATTS - VARIOUS ARTISTS {1980 Release}

Killer album with a killer line up and songs.....

I have it on vinyl but would love it on CD but I'm pretty sure it never made it to CD

f125_1.JPG

Related Artists: Aerosmith, Blue Oyster Cult, Boyzz, Journey, Judas Priest, Mahogany Rush, Molly Hatchet, Reo Speedwagon, Rick Derringer, Shakin Street, Ted Nugent, Trooper, Trust

I have it on vinyl but would love it on CD but I'm pretty sure it never made it to CD

f125_1.JPG

Related Artists: Aerosmith, Blue Oyster Cult, Boyzz, Journey, Judas Priest, Mahogany Rush, Molly Hatchet, Reo Speedwagon, Rick Derringer, Shakin Street, Ted Nugent, Trooper, Trust

WOW - That was a fantastic compilation back in the day Dave - some classic stuff on there and the first time I ever heard the fantastic Shakin' Street. Don't think this was ever released on CD. Another of my fave compilations back in the day was 'Precious Metal' that introduced me to the delights of New England, Axe, Storm and Point Blank - one of the best Compilation albums ever put together imo. :tumbsup:

this would also appeal to a few guys here, not so godly like seventh seal but still great for the lovers of norwegian melodic metal....

dscn0511.jpg

their guitarist has some unreleased demos also so it would be great to see a nice cd issue of this record....

• 2 weeks later...

The 1972 self titled release by an Australian band called Mississippi featuring one of my all time favourite tunes "Kings Of The World"

This band eventually had a name change and become The Little River Band.

The 1972 self titled release by an Australian band called Mississippi featuring one of my all time favourite tunes "Kings Of The World"

Did you mention Little River Band :bowdown:

Certainly did.....Here is their Bio...

[edit] 1972-1975: Mississippi

In 1972, the band became known as Mississippi and released a self-titled debut LP (AUS chart position #21), which featured the single "Kings of the World" (AUS chart position #7, 1972) on the Bootleg label, a label recently set up by Brian Cadd. In late 1972, Mississippi were joined by Beeb Birtles on bass and vocals. Birtles had been bassist with popular Australian band Zoot.

1973 saw several changes in line-up, a new single release "Early Morning" (AUS chart position #56, 1973) and supporting the Jackson Five Australian tour in October of that year.

In 1974 they appeared at the Sunbury music festival and released another single "Will I?" (AUS chart position #26, 1974). They did a tour of the UK in 1974, and after a disastrous tour, broke up. In London band members met up with former Masters Apprentices bassist Glenn Wheatley who agreed to become their manager, should they decide go back to Australia. Wheatley was eager to return to Australia after spending some time working in the USA & the UK. In the UK, they also met up with Glenn Shorrock (ex-Twilights) who had also been in the UK for several years, without seeing much success and also wished to return home. From this nucleus, the Little River Band was born.

In 1975, they returned to Australia and reformed, with the addition of Glenn Shorrock, firstly under the name Mississippi. After a few months of touring, on the way to a gig in Geelong, Victoria one day, they changed their name to the Little River Band, which they took from a signpost along the road. Under the guidance of producer Glenn Wheatley, they became one of Australia's most successful bands to make it big in the USA.

Certainly did.....Here is their Bio...

[edit] 1972-1975: Mississippi

In 1972, the band became known as Mississippi and released a self-titled debut LP (AUS chart position #21), which featured the single "Kings of the World" (AUS chart position #7, 1972) on the Bootleg label, a label recently set up by Brian Cadd. In late 1972, Mississippi were joined by Beeb Birtles on bass and vocals. Birtles had been bassist with popular Australian band Zoot.

1973 saw several changes in line-up, a new single release "Early Morning" (AUS chart position #56, 1973) and supporting the Jackson Five Australian tour in October of that year.

In 1974 they appeared at the Sunbury music festival and released another single "Will I?" (AUS chart position #26, 1974). They did a tour of the UK in 1974, and after a disastrous tour, broke up. In London band members met up with former Masters Apprentices bassist Glenn Wheatley who agreed to become their manager, should they decide go back to Australia. Wheatley was eager to return to Australia after spending some time working in the USA & the UK. In the UK, they also met up with Glenn Shorrock (ex-Twilights) who had also been in the UK for several years, without seeing much success and also wished to return home. From this nucleus, the Little River Band was born.

In 1975, they returned to Australia and reformed, with the addition of Glenn Shorrock, firstly under the name Mississippi. After a few months of touring, on the way to a gig in Geelong, Victoria one day, they changed their name to the Little River Band, which they took from a signpost along the road. Under the guidance of producer Glenn Wheatley, they became one of Australia's most successful bands to make it big in the USA.

Nice info Dave, didn`t know any of that, I really like Little River Band, used to have their vinyl albums, only have a handful of their albums on cd now, hard to find :tumbsup:

f125_1.JPG

WOW - That was a fantastic compilation back in the day Dave - some classic stuff on there and the first time I ever heard the fantastic Shakin' Street. Don't think this was ever released on CD. Another of my fave compilations back in the day was 'Precious Metal' that introduced me to the delights of New England, Axe, Storm and Point Blank - one of the best Compilation albums ever put together imo. :tumbsup:

If you guys included STRIKLEY FOR KONNISUERS, METAL EXPLOSION, they would be my favorite comp albums of all time :tumbsup:

I would like to add these albums to the list of the need of proper c.d. releases.

RAY GOMEZ-VOLUME

VIC VERGAT-DOWN TO THE BONE

RIGGS-RIGGS

KIDD GLOVES-FEEL THE FIRE

SHAKIN STREET-SHAKIN STREET

OZZ-TAKE NO PRISONERS

VENDETTA-VENDETTA

BOSS-STEP ON IT

THE STAND-THE STAND

BILLY THE KIDD-SWORN TO FUN

DOUCETTE-MAMA LET HIM PLAY

JACK GREEN-REVERSE LOGIC

PHANTOM, ROCKER, & SLICK-PHANTOM, ROCKER & SLICK

DANNY SPANOS-LOOKS LIKE TROUBLE

TARZEN-TARZEN

TRASH-BURNING ROCK

SAMSON-BEFORE THE STORM

LOUIS CARDINAS-ANIMAL INSTINCT

ILLUSION-ILLUSION

ILLUSION-I LIKE IT LOUD

THE ORCHIDS-THE ORCHIDS

REX-REX

THE BZZ-GET UP, GET ANGRY

STARFIGHTERS-IN FLIGHT MOVIE

CHEETAH-ROCK & ROLL WOMEN

T.T. QUICK-E.P.

CINTRON-mini L.P.

KEVIN WET-Everything

THE ROCKETS-EVERYTHING

More to come later...

f125_1.JPG

If you guys included STRIKLEY FOR KONNISUERS, METAL EXPLOSION, they would be my favorite comp albums of all time :tumbsup:

I would like to add these albums to the list of the need of proper c.d. releases.

BOSS-STEP ON IT

TRASH-BURNING ROCK

More to come later...

So I guess the cd versions I have of both of these releases are bootleg cd-r's.... :crying:

f125_1.JPG

BOSS-STEP ON IT

TRASH-BURNING ROCK

More to come later...

So I guess the cd versions I have of both of these releases are bootleg cd-r's.... :crying:

If those two albums have been properly reissued.....Great!

I personally never seen them and would like to get my hands on them without putting up my house on EVILBAY.

I wish they would hurry up and officially release this on CD

1rko.jpg

1rko.jpg

Must be close now going by their Management's comments on their My Space page a week ago :bananamac:

8 Mar 2009 12:37 PM

Congrat's 1RKO guyz for the official nomination " ROCK ALBUM OF THE YEAR," for 1RKO- First Round Knockout soon to debut CD release!!! The best rock to come out of Hollywood in more than a decade indeed! ;-) Sending lot's of love & good luck vibrations your way! It's heating up in Los Angeles these days! Have a great Sunday!

1rko.jpg

Must be close now going by their Management's comments on their My Space page a week ago :bananamac:

Congrat's 1RKO guyz for the official nomination " ROCK ALBUM OF THE YEAR," for 1RKO- First Round Knockout soon to debut CD release!!! The best rock to come out of Hollywood in more than a decade indeed! ;-) Sending lot's of love & good luck vibrations your way! It's heating up in Los Angeles these days! Have a great Sunday!

Haven't given this one much consideration just yet but I definitely will since the band features ex Circle of Soul bassist Brian Spangenberg. One of my all time favorite bands!

1rko.jpg

Well it's about time this came out....seems like I've been waiting forever & a day....

The Ladder 86

still can't believe this was not out yet!!! and from a Jersey band I think? hmmm

QUEEN CITY KIDS-BLACK BOX :headbanger:

NEW YORK-CARRY THE TORCH

Hey Bro! I've been trying to help Sam for almost a year, find any of the members of New York, and for the first time ever, I'm at a complete dead end, I've generally been able to at least find a person of a person who knows a certain musician, so the sooner I can figure this out the sooner New York - Carry The Torch will get a release.

I wish the canadian band Kilowatts 2 albums, S/T & Currents, would get released on disc.

Also, somebody on here told me the story behind the Munich City Nights Compilations, but I heard so many killer bands on those comps, bands that when I search around can only find on vinyl, I'd like to get those comps on disc!