Beware, Ebay

Guest DeBand

I won some items from sspert.hotmail and having all this information and thinking things again I see that this guy has piss us all.

No one of my mails has any response from him.

He has listed very rare and valuable items.

All his feedback is as a buyer.

No feedback input since the auction (despite of that suspicious one that hardrockingcollector says).

Different mail addresses and different Paypal name.

Let´s see but It seems like a theft.

Is it possible to contact ebay or someone in order to get your money back.

:lol::D

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you paid via Pay Pal, you can go file a complaint at:

Pay Pal Buyer Complaints

I've actually heard of fraudulent sellers bank accounts being frozen through this process!

I didn't get myself in this predicament. When the auctions were hot, I received ONE response to my email asking whether all of the CDs were legit. She indicated that they were all real pressed. Since that time I was informed that the CDs I won were actually not at all real and now I havent heard poop from sspert.hotmail.com since (and Ive sent daily emails). Im not one to usually post to these forums and I usually just peruse. I even held back when this thread was initially started because I didnt want to start or be a part of a witch-hunt frenzy until I knew for sure. Now I know for sure and I want to save my money and ebay reputation as well as help those unsuspecting from being ripped off.

Well, if you paid by check, do a "Stop Payment" on it.

If you paid via Pay Pal, go file a complaint with them.

If you used a money order, there's probably a way to do a stop payment on it.

If you paid with cash, just kiss it goodbye,and write it off as a lesson learned.

Not much else to do....

Guest cdwolves

I just got a whole slew of ebay payment reminders from this seller. I was going to pay after I saw some feedback. Right now I`m scared to send in my payments (about 500 dollars!) to this guy. I insisted on getting a scan of the Candy Roxx CD I won, and to my great disapointment, it was a cdr. I've been getting responses to my emails but now I don't -- all I get are payment reminders. I`m in the same boat as a few of you guys/gals, and don't know how to proceed. I`m not sending in my money until I see some really big positives being posted on this guy.

I was just reading through all these posts and wanted to offer some info...

Unfortunately, Ebay's "Fair Trade" and Paypal's dispute process are pretty much useless. I've had problems with auctions before and neither process even came close to solving the problem. If the other side doesn't want to cooperate, you're out of luck.

The only way I was able to get my money back was to dispute the charge with my credit card company. Paypal will send you a pissy e-mail about it, saying you should have gone through them, but just ignore it. They eventually make the seller eat the cost of the chargeback. Good luck!

Guest RoughRider

I won a couple cds from the sspert guy and when I tried to contact him a couple times I didn't get a reply for a day which ticked me off but he did explain the long hours he works and appologized for the delay. He told me he has delivered high price CD's to PJ and some of his friends but they were witholding positive feedback because cousin PJ wants to buy the whole collection and even wanted him to kick everyone off the bidding so he could have it all. Sounded like a family feud to me. I'll post again when I receive my cds.

Guest RoughRider

Wow talk about paranoid. I couldn't care less about sspert and just want my cds but after reading what several jackasses had to say about Broadway music then why would I believe anything they say now. From everything I read it sounds like 2 people who like to bid on things and not pay. I'm sure when they are done roasting this person out of boredom they'll find someone new to talk about. which appears to be me I guess.

Like Sands Through the Hourglass...SO Are the Days of Our Lives.......

Guest KISSMYDISC

PJ reporting for duty here. :) While I seldom visit post/bulletin boards, etc, it's been brought to my attention that within this thread my name has come into disrepute (courtesy of "roughrider".). Read on for an in depth, unprejudice look into what has transpired thus far in regard to "sspert...". One thing I'll say before continuing, is... after being in this scene for years, the one thing that irritates me most, is the abundance of "politics" within it all... a few years ago, things would often get heated on melodicrock posts... anyway, in the interest of keeping people informed, I'll related to everyone reading this, what's always been discussed between myself, and several other notable names (some of whom are often seen on this post). Like most, I was quite impressed to see some of the listings on sspert's auction. After browsing through them, green lights went off- and like most, I found interest in several pieces of "steve's" auction. However... right from the get-go, several things appeared suspicious... feedback profile- wasn't that bad (sure, five negatives, but- in his defence, all from one user... hence you might as well say he had "one" negative)... anyway, that's where his "defence" lays to rest... after speaking via telephone to several well known collectors, I too was informed a few of the CDs on this auction were in fact never originally pressed- hence the ones on auction must be a) cdrs, or B) bootlegs- not an uncommon scenario on eBay. I did contact STeve, asking him if he is interested in moving the entire lot in one shot- everything he has (both on eBay, and outside of it- he claimed he had 1700 other titles he wants to sell)... I told him I'm a serious prospective buyer, and am in the position to drop heavy coin upon pickup- in cash if he's interested in selling his entire stock at once. He replied stating he will let the ebay auctions run (I contacted him in early stages, with few bids having been placed- and my primary interest was on his personal collection which he claimed to have approx. 1700 titles left in it). He politely declined interest in doing anything with any of the "eBay" titles, but... said he'd contact me about selling me the remainder of his stock... here's where things get really odd... I did take my chances, and bid on a few of his cds... however, as I learned he lives right here in my home town of London, Ontario, I figured it was a safe bet. Afterall, I could just pick the CDs up in person, and if there were any discrepencies, I'd refuse payment and consider the transaction void. He emailed me after auction's close saying he'll arrange for a "COD" delivery to my office of the goods... the next day, I get a phone call "Private caller"... a lady calls telling me she has a "delivery" for me, and needs to confirm address where I'd like it delivered... my instincts were already on alert, so I asked her... "what company is this being delivered with"? She randomly spurted out "Delivery Plus"... ok, (never heard of'em, but... sure, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt)... then I ask her- ok, who's the package from, to which she replies "Steve"... no last name (c'mon, you get a call from any courier, the tone is professional, and... simple things like origin of package can be confirmed... not with just a "First" name"... anyway, so I ask, where's the package comin' from- she stated they have no return address... fair enough, I give her my office address, and... sure enough, later on in the day, a lady in her mid 30s, one who clearly once had both feet planted in the metal scene (judging by her hair... and knowledge of hard rock based on the light conversation we exchanged) delivers a small envelope- with just one CD inside... no return address- and even my address written simply as "PJ Plazinski... Phone number" and that's it! On the envelope, in hand wriging "$275" written also... clearly, an operation anything BUT professional, already makin' me question the legitimacy of this "COD Delivery company"... I pay her the $275 (which by the way was another oddity- as my winnings totalled well over $500 CDN....) and I ask her to allow me to open the package first in front of her, to verify what I ordered is there... sure enough- ONE of the CDs I won was there (Dirty Trixx, won for $200 US or... $275 CDN)... and a note stating "PJ, here's one of your CDs, the rest of the CDs are at my brother's place, I'll get'em to you soon, please leave me feedback for this CD".... I asked the lady for a receipt- she just replied "Ahhh... uhm... I don't have any... but... I'll write it on the envelope"... and she just scribbled in pen "Payment received, thanks" and that's all- that was my receipt, a scribble on a brown paper envelope... By then it was beyond anyonedoubt, this was one of his friends, makin' the drop off for him... I decided to play the game for a little longer, so I ask... "hey, you know... I like your work, you guys deliver on time, etc.. I'm interested in utilizing your company's services for my business... can I have a business card"? She replies... "I don't have any on me... left them and my binder in the van.... (the van mind you, as I noticed from my office window, was an old, beat up late 80s family minivan- NOT a company van of any kind)... I asked for the phone number for "Delivery plus" so I could contact them... again, she replies "I don't remember it..."... c'mon, by then even by buddy Tony in my office was smirkin', smellin' a scam from across the room... the disc I got was an original, I paid the appropriate price for it, so I just left it at that, she left... and... I was left scratchin' my head...

I did not leave feedback for that single CD for one simple reason...

TO PROTECT every one of you guys here, and everyone else who bid on his items... common sense- and surely this is what Steve was aiming for... he known that my name is established on and off eBay, and synomymous with originals, and just a no-bull business approach. He knew, that all he needed to validate his "legitimacy" is one feedback from the mighty www-kissmydisc-com user name- and that'd open the floodgates- he'd say "Hey, PJ got his $200 CD, if he says I'm cool, then I'm cool right?"... one positive feedback from me, would make most others waiting in the shadows, wondering if they should pay him or not, lose their doubts and in fact pay... I have no interest in having my named used as areference for the integrity of someone who's integrity I question myself. I have emails Steve since, asking a) about the prospect of me buying his entire collection, and B) a time when I Can pick up the remaining CDs I won from him... towhich I receive sporadic and somewhat elusive eMails talkin' about workin' long hours (ironically his eMail replies range from 9 am... noon... 10 pm... 5 pm.... all across the board.... then again, maybe he works in an office?)... My take on it- if he in fact does have the 1700 or so CDs, and they are all originals, and he DOES want to move them- why would he be alluding someone who's ready to drop $10,000.. $20,000... $5,000... or whatever he's after, in cash- on the spot, on everything at once? Hell, isn't that why he goes to work- to make a few bucks? Why he sells the goods on eBay? Of course- it's not all about the money, BUT- realistically, let's cut to the chase- if he in fact DOES have the goods, and DOES want to sell them, why would he evade me- as I've proven to him I'm as serious as anyone, and am prepared to buy out his entire stock? My guess is... cause half his CDs are in fact cdrs, or boots- as many have already suggested. Further... one week since the transaction, he still has failed to provide me with ANY payment info, an address, a real "full name" or anything that would make me feel more comfortable as a buyer in dealing with him.... I've been contacted by several other people who bought from him, all asking me to look into this character, and give them the "green llight" if I feel he is reliable... at this point, the light is as red as it gets, and he's doing very little to change that.

There's more....

Many of us may remember "purrfect Kat" or "Kat"... or... "K.snow" or a combination of similar aliases- from this, and other boards... apparently, I've done some research, she is now in fact living right here in London... and, she was always involved in CDr trading- and knew her indies- hell, I'll admit- even better than I do- in some instances. Here's the interesting part... there are links tying this "Steve" character, to K. Snow (or at least that alias). My "suspicion" is that K. Snow is behind this auction- maybe she's even the one runing it- maybe it was her who delivered the CD to my office herself? I have learned that an address K. Snow used here in london for a major indie CD trade a few months ago, is also connected to a "subsequent" address, given out by Steve to one of his winning bidders... anyway, this is just one big mess that I really don't wish to be a part of but, by bidding on his/her items, we've all involved ourselves in it to one degree or another.

I have no intentions of startin' any flamefests with this (that's why I usually stay away from post boards- no matter WHAT you say, someone will get insulted, offended, pissed off, and jar back at ya)... I'm stating all this, only to shed more light on this very sketchy ordeal, and what I've stated to have experienced thus far, are all facts, as witnessed by people working for me in my office (and any eMail/third party claims can also be verified by those who shared the information with me)... bottom line is, I will wait ti'll later tonight- maybe ti'll tomorrow... before I will post the approporiate feedback in sspert's profile.. I DONT want to be the first one to do so, but I know once I do- others will follow suit. I've given this person ample time to close the transaction- AT LEAST delivering the CDs I won, giving me payment optoins- an address where to send payment to- anything... why in over one week I haven't received it- simple... cause we're in the same city... and- if in fact the items I won are questionable, I'd receive them, leave negative feedback, let others see what's going on- and that'd cost this person $1000s in lost transactions... hence my take on it, is he's simply buying time by stringin' me along...

Sorry about the length of this one... I seldom post here, but... I guess the length of this will make up for my sporadic posts...

I look forward to follow up insights, and related feedback...

Stay metal... or stay away!

PJ

I emailed Purrfect Kat to find out why this 'seller' would be using her email address at eBay under this seller's guise. She said something about a 'sponsorship' at one point in the past and told me that sspert was PJ's cousin, Steve.

Is this true? Many here deal with PJ all the time, in fact, many talk to him on a daily basis by phone. Someone with such contacts, including PJ himself, should probably post here to let us know iif, in fact, that is true.

And 'roughrider' *I think I know who YOU are*, the evidence points to a seller that has in fact, and my guess is KNOWINGLY, sold cdrs during this auction. Why, would you ask that I assume that? Because *I* emailed the seller before the auction closed and told them that I knew that they were selling cdrs and to clarify if any other items were in fact copies.

They did reply. And told me that there were 5 or 6 cdrs. But interestingly enough they failed to indicate further items in their auction that ARE transfers from LP, i.e. cdrs. This proved to me that the seller in fact KNEW they were selling fraudulant items.

Take this information for what you will. It is 100 percent factual and can be verified by the emails I received from sspert and Kat.

Guest KISSMYDISC

Regarding CDWolves (what's happening?) words above- I also find it odd, that this Sspert character is sending you numerous payment reminders, seemingly eager for you to pay (I've also heard from others he's insisting on quick pay- sure, there's nothing odd about htat... ) BUT- why have I not received even as much as a single ounce of information regarding when, where, and what, to pay this dude? Again... brings me back to my suspicion... cause it'll be easy for screw someone in Europe... but someone who lives in the same city- gets tricky (bet he wasn't counting on that happening), so now it just seems he's buying time with me... anyway, within 24 hrs I plan to close the book on this transcation from where I'm concerned... And, regarding "Roughrider's" presence here... I must agree with "66 Mustang"... it is suspicious... It's nice that Roughrider is up for the fight, but... dude- fight the good fight... you're fighting the wrong thing here... we're merely interested in protecting ourselves, and eachother from a prospective scam, yet... you seem to be taken back by all this, and borderline insulted by anything negative suggested towards this sspert character, which leads me- and others to believe that........ (no need to state the obvious, Steve). :)

Guest KISSMYDISC

JLP, thanks for your insights- as your eMails, and business etiquette, they're always eloquent and full of merit.

Any claims/references aside from ones I stood by in my previous postings, made by STeve (or Kat, who now I believe is directly involved with this entire gig) are fictious. I have no relation whatsoever to Kat, Steve, or whoever else belongs to Camp Bootleg. :) Mind you however, I guess I'll take it as a compliment, that Steve, or Kat, would see some benefit to claiming personal relations to me, be it financial, personal or otherwise. hehehehehehe.

PJ,

Just posted my above response while you were *obviously* typing yours. I, too, believe that the person that delivered that cd to you was probably Kat. It sure 'seems' like it.

Did you get a license plate number from the van?

And why would you still post a positive feedback for the one transaction when the seller obviously is failing to come through on the others you purchased? Those buyers who may not read this board, but know you, would have no idea of the circumstances with which your feedback was issued.

I do...even if I'm a minor 'buyer' in this auction, appreciate your posting the story. As I had a very good suspicion about the validity and the people here who do read the board will be informed.

Thanks!

I have a quick question here, if I may........

I did a search over on eBay for this Sspert person ... and I got the message that the seller had "No Items For Sale At This Time"..

Does this mean that eBay is aware of them, and has suspended them? Or have they run out of "stock"??

Thanks...

Marla

Their auctions ended, Marla, which would show that the seller no longer has any auctions running.

Guest cdwolves

Thanks for the info. I`m holding onto my 500 clams and will leave scathingly negative feedback on this user if I get anymore payment reminders/warnings. Ofcourse, if I see something that proves us all to be wrong, I`ll honor my bids, but that's not looking likely. Once again, thanks for saving me some serious heart and wallet ache.

Guest KISSMYDISC

JLP,

No license plate number... actually, it's ironic- but I was steppin' out of my office to grab some CDs outta my car (I park my car right in front of my office on a main street...) and as I was waitin' to cross the street, the white van in question passed me- didn't pay much attention to it, but I did notice it when it parked in a bus-stop zone, put the four ways on... the "lady" in question popped out, and made her way toward my office... it was funny actually, I was getting into the elevator, as we was lookin' at the business directory in the main lobby- I noticed a package in her hand, and instictively I knew this was the delivery.. I held the elevator and courteously asked her if I can help her... objectively at best, she replied "I'm fine...." and proceeded to enter the elevator... 4th floor (my office) I got out... proceeded down the hall to my office, while she took a turn in the opposite direction... seeing the package in her hand with my name on it, I decided to play dumb... went into my office, waited for a few minutes, tellin' my sidekick Tony, that we have a seasoned metal chick makin' a delivery here in about T-minus five... four... three... "Knock knock".. hehehehe... and, the rest of the story you guys heard... mind you, for the record I'll state, while she appeared to be in her early/mid 30s, she is a fairly attractive lady (although the strong odour of cigarette smoke did little to reinforce her act as a "Delivery Plus agent" hehehehehe).

Regarding my feedback post to this person... I really DON'T want to leave negatives- I hate doing so... (knowing that 9/10 times, I'll get hit with just as many in reciprocation- happens everytime!)... but at the same time, I do want to save many of my friends who did win his/her auctions, from the prospect of gettin' screwed. In a sense, I do feel it's my duty and obligation to blow the whistle on a scam, if I am aware of it. It comes with my territory.

PJ

PS... Tim, sorry about the expired pepperoni on your pizza, I'll have a talk with Tony about that one! hehehehe.

I'm still pretty new to this board, so please bear with me...

Given all the above info, I'm glad I never bid sspert's auctions that I was watching! I guess some of his/her stuff was legit, but sure enough I'd get the one that wasn't. Can someone tell me some of the sellers on ebay (besides PJ, whom I've already discovered) that are trustworthy and reputable? Thanks! :D

Here's some:

starlighthoney

davesmetal

surrf

delclemons

musiclotte

mellowdickmusic

adboimel

vegasauctions

beakermusic

deleted but not forgotten (boarcd)

mphister

These will get you started but there are more. Of course, more ripoffs out there as well. When the above group has something rare though, you can count on it being legit. ...Tim

Thankfully so far my ebay hunting has turned up nothing but good CDs.

I tend to stick with the same guys if I can help it,UK based if possible,but anywhere in the world is fine if you find the right person!

I will say that I have bought from PJ in the past & from my perspective whatever he says is cool,I'll trust his info!