Beware, Ebay

Guest DeBand

I tend to do like Captain Howdy,and when I find an eBay seller I like, I usually bookmark their auctions page,and look for more of their auctions.

Some of my favorite eBay sellers are:

starlighthoney

shirerecords

www-kissmydisc-com

80smetalcds

metalismylife

metalmayhemmusic

These folks all ROCK! :banger:

I've only done the one deal with broadwaysmusic, but I was VERY pleased with them as well!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick note to thank PJ for coming by and relating the events surrounding this scamm... err, umm, "seller". :angry: While not exactly a close-knit family, the world of melodic/hard rock CD collecting is a small one. We all gots to spread the word on the hosers.

Anyone remember Jymmi Slang or Manny Comres? :D I did business with both back in the day.

-Dan

Guest KISSMYDISC

Hey, I can't be selfish and plug my own gig only... a few places I've enjoyed scorin' CDs for my collection over the years include:

www.schmankerl-records.com Great place outta Germany- great prices, solid selection, orders always packed well- and shipped on time. :) I recommend these guys- real pro's! :) Do me a favor, if you contact them, mention I sent ya (I scratch their back, they scratch mine). Seriously though, they've a class act- and very reputable.

eBay-wise... there are many reliable names out there, some of which I firmly stand behind, including:

starlighthoney

delclemons

mellowdickmusic

adboimel

vegasauctions

beakermusic

mphister

...and many others, those are a few that jump out at me right away. :) There's his small Mickey mouse operation out there called Kiss me disc, or... Kiss 4 disc, or.... kissed disc, or... whatever, something like that... I hear they're not bad either. ;)

Cheers,

PJ

Guest KISSMYDISC

Jymmi Slang, or Manny Comras? Many of us will remember them... actually, ironically- I "owe" Manny- in the sense, that... the very first CD trade I ever made online- was in fact with Manny Comras... in retrospect, that was my first trade, which eventually led to where I stand today. :) Yeah, I did have my runin's with Manny, as many of us did... I actually met the guy in Florida a few years ago. Not a bad guy, but... he's long since out of the scene, he pursued a very prestigious career, and he's now doing well in that area (he asked me not to relate it back unto the masses... I'm surprised cause the direction he took in life is worth noting... at least I'd say)... Jymmi Slang, I never personally dealt with him... although I do recall often hearing that name mentioned next to known ripoff schemes....

I was just speaking to my friend A.J. from Puerto Rico a few minutes ago on the phone... poor guy got all excited about a trade he just made with someone- where he's getting a Sgt. Roxx and Joker - Ecstacy CD, for next to nothin'... I congratulated him, BUT... not to sniff his deal out (not my style- that's as dirty as it gets, gettin' involved in someone's deal as far as I'm concerned), did ask him if by any chance the person he made this "super" deal with.... happens to live here in my home town, London... he hesitantly replied... "Ah..... yeah..."... I knew it, right away.

I didn't say much else, just told him to read this entire thread... and add his info as well.

The advantage here, as I related to A.J., is that while new people continuously pop up in the scene, on eBay, and on great forums/websites like this one, the foundation of it all is strong- as it consists of many established names/collectors/dealers/traders, etc, etc who've been around for years... and at the end of the day, it is their word & reputation that can instantly filter out any rookie who thinks they just discovered the newest, and quickest way to make a quick, easy buck and run with it- while screwin' others in the process. Ripoff artists will always be out there, be it in cyberspace, or on the streets... (or in politics, hehehhe...)... we can't get away from it. I'm not alluding to anyone specific with these words, just a general statement... however, the reputation's of people like Jim Patton, Delbert, Dan (Mr. Heavy Harmonies himself), Kent, Adriano, Tim, Brian, myself (or so I'd like to think), and many others- have carved out for themselves over the years, should stand as irrefutable in their ability to sniff out potential scams.

I have held out in leaving ANY feedback to Sspert to this moment, as I am aware of the impact my words would have on his transactions. While I am 90% convinced this person is offering primarily cdrs/transferred CDs (LP to CD), I also know that if some of his CDs are legit (I did receive ONE out of 4 or 5 I won thus far, which is in fact an original... but the rest I suspect are cdrs, which is why he failed to deliver them, knowing I'd blow his cover....), negative feedback from an established name like mine (or anyone else for that matter) will all but eliminate any prospect of future transactions with anyone else who's involved in this scene.

Yikes... I really to ramble on... hehehehehe. Hey- it's 7 pm... hockey game is about to start, and I still have to hit the gym (looks like I'll have to watch the game in the gym...)... Tony (aka koogles, my loyal sidekick) is away on kissmydisc.com related business (west coast, all expense paid trip) and wont' be back for a few more days... I guess that's why I'm yappin' away here hehehehe. Hey, speakin' of which... Tony, if by any chance you're readin' this post from your hotel, you mind explaining to me why there's a $160 charge on our kissmydisc.com company account from "Veronica's Cathouse & Gentleman's lounge"? Hehehehe... JUST KIDDIN! :)

PJ :doh:

Guest KISSMYDISC

Yikes... you can tell I've been up for a long time.... (I'm tired...). I didn't follow through above on the Sgt. Roxx deal my friend A.J. (thought) he lucked out with... apparently this character offered him the CD for $40... and claims its an original... when asked "Is it really an original, or a cdr" he shot back "Yeah it is, now dude, either you take it leave it" (or somehting to that extent)... Of course, this guy is familiar with eBay (he just sold 260 or so CDs) so you tell me- if he has an original Sgt. Roxx CD, why is he offering it to $40, when he sees one on eBay now at far more than that- and... he knows it'll likely close for far more yet....

You know,

me and Tony here, sitting in our downtown office of kissmydisc.com were wondering the last few weeks what this odd smell is around the city... at first, I thought it was Tony... (just kiddin...) he thought it was me.... I checked the oil in my car, plenty of it left, so it ain't the engine in my car...

like, something burning... it's all over the city, but...

it's been more prevalent over the last few weeks, like... the smell of "burning plastic"?

Hmm..I wonder where "that" would be comin' from? hehehehehe.

The evidence is in the air, hehehe.

PJ

"Where there's smoke... there's fire". :headbanger:

Guest KISSMYDISC

EBAY: SSPERT: WHAT'S NEXT?

I just read a post here moments ago, addressing the issue of... "what's next?" A few people have already contacted me, asking me what they should do... while most who have yet to pay Sspert for their winnings are hesitant to do so in light of all the controversy and shady (putting mildly) business etiquette of Sspert, they are equally concerned about the potential of negative feedback from Sspert, if he does not receive their payments shortly.

When it comes to situations like this, I like to have as much evidence as possible before resorting to appropriate defense measures. While all my instincts are telling me there are many deficiencies within a pro-Sspert argument (many emails received from him by various people which I myself have seen, conflict with eachother), I don't wish to take extreme measures- such as contacting eBay (using these threads as partial evidence to support the notion of an account suspension), unless I am backed by others. Being an established Platinum Power Seller on eBay, I have 24/7 access to a personal account manager at eBay, whom I can call at any moment to discuss any issues relevant to eBay, including cases such as this. Within minutes, I could have eBay look carefully into this. However.... to reiterate, I feel measures of that magnitude should be used as a last resort- or at least, should only be considered with the consensus of the group involved (everyone reading this).

I urge all of you involved in these transactions to share your take on things, to determine what subsequent action (if any) is to follow.

Sincerely,

PJ

Now Playing: Helloise - Cosmogony (1985... I'll NEVER get tired of that release! One of the finest moments in hard rock/metal history!). :)

:banger:

Guest love-and-war

A word from a new name already been mentioned by PJ......AJ....

I have to add my experience so far with this new mysterious ebay seller called sspert (runs by the name of Steve). I'm in the same position as most of the collectors mentioned in this conversation. I bid on the Dirty Works cd that was on ebay and loose it...A few days ago i recieved a second chance offer for the cd....It came by surprise, cause the seller said that he/she was selling a collection....just how many cd's from the same title do you have on a collection ? Ok, maybe there is a possibility that you have two cd's from the same release for some reason....The offer was at a good price $45, base on the fact that Dirty Works sells for 55-80 range.... So I use the buy it now and make my purshace.....That's not so strange, maybe a little....

Here comes the tricky part....Scence the seller is saying that he/she is selling a collection of cd's it pass through my mind that there might be more cd's for sale, so i send a list of some hard to find cd's i was looking for....For my surprise, almost half of the cd's i was looking for where for sale....It wasnt to odd at first, cause the seller is getting rid of the collection, but when i saw the prices, i knew something had to be wrong....$40 for a Sgt.Roxx "Push and Squeeze" !!!!!! Cum on, what R the chances of that happening ? specialy for a seller that already had some cd's recently on ebay....there is a copy of Sgt.Roxx going for $230 on ebay right now..... Then i started to ask lots of questions about the cd's i wanted,lables, years of release, etc.....Steve got a bit mad, and rush me for a payment.....said, "I haven't received any payment from you as of yet and it keeps taking my time from answering emails to go looking through boxes of cds. Send a payment so I know for sure these cds are sold".....Now what you think of that.....rushing me to pay for a deal that's just on the table !!!!! Now that's a bit odd....He/she mentioned that the cd's where packed in boxes !!!!

He/she was offering me a Crash Alley "ST" for $40.....Another odd price...I recently saw this cd sold for $75 on and auction by cdwolves.....

So, if you ask my opinion, there is something strange going on.....There is not one singe feedback from the auctions that pass a week ago...strange too.....I guess we'll just have to wait for some real positive feedback for this seller to confirm what we R speculating at this time.....Cause we R not 100% sure, but we smell something funny....

Please keep me posted if you have any news from this guy....

Rock on !!!

AJ

Just thought I'd let everyone know that broadwaysmusic is back up and running on eBay...left 'em feedback for my Wanted CD finally! :banger:

thanks for letting us know, whiplash, I sent my cash to them today. should be no problems. MButt

Guest cdwolves

I know I`m still being strongarmed. Looks like I`ll be the first to leave and receive negative feedback on sspert.hotmail.com. I`m assuming on the lack of any additional + feedback on sspert.hotmail.com, that no one else has received their merchandise to determine just how much that was sold was in fact burned.

you all know she is lurking in the distance , reading all the posts ..hey purrrrfect kat..kellie/melissa..or what ever you go by at the moment..why dont you respond to these posts about you..cmon defend yourself..we all want to know why you try to scam a close knit collecting community such as ours, while you were pretending to be 1 of us..you know the only person that is gonna get the shaft from your actions is you...cmon dont be a pussy..respond to something ..i wanna hear your story this time .. :bigboom:

cdwolvz, I would welcome the feedback, versus losing the cash. every indication I get is that this is a seller who is burning the discs and selling them, with the exception of a very small amount of cd's they probably have that is legit. just save your money, and respond to their negative feedback when they leave it. good luck!!

Guest cdwolves

I`m not concerned with the negative feedback exchange. I`ll take the scars if I have to. I`m concerned because I won fourteen items this seller had, and I don't want 14 nonpaying warnings because that could suspend me. If we can't reach a mutual agreement then I`ll leave the negative feedback and follow up with eBay (whom I have already contacted, but are slow to move).

Guest love-and-war

I tell you, there is something very strange going on with this ebay seller name sspert (Steve).....Recently, i asked he/she for a full name and address so i could send a payment (International MO), instead of using paypal.....And you know what answer i recieved ?

This is what Steve had to say "Send payment to kissmydick.com"

I believe good ol Steve is piss off because the shit has hit the fan....and now everybody is suspicious about him.... Even worst, with this answer, i think that he/she is giving PJ's story more credibility. This is Steve saying that he/she is piss off at PJ just for the fact that he was kind enough to tell us the truth about this bad seller, and what happen with he's transaction. By the way, thanx for your comments PJ, you saved me some $$$$....from buying expessive CDR's :)

I've been a collector for 15 years....I've deal with a lot of good sellers out there....And i have to say, that this is not the attitude of a PRO....or at least somebody that is douing something good and decent....

I was expecting that we where all wrong and Steve was OK....But at this point, I dont see that happening....There is still not one single feedback (positive or negative) left on he's account.

Hey Steve, if you are reading this post ( and I know U R)....why dont you respond and defend yourself. If you dont have nothing to hide, I dont see why would it be so bad for you to let us now what's going on....If we R wrong with our speculations, I will be more that glad to apologize for passing bad judgment on you....

Till i dont read a good and consistant story from you, i guess i will have to think that all that we R speculating about you i nothing but the truth.

Take care all of you collectors out there !!!!

Have a nice Christmasssssss.....

God Bless

AJ

Guest KISSMYDISC

At this point, I see the major concern among you guys, is the potential negative feedback everyone's held hostage by... why don't we see any negatives yet? Chances are- noone wants to lead the charge (fearing they'll get nailed with negatives right back...)... however, it's pretty much assumed now- the second a round of negatives will present themselves within their profile, within 48 hrs, you'll likely see dozens more to follow... which will eliminate the fear of reciprocal negatives, as eBay accounts are automatically suspended in cases of high numbers of consecutive negatives, from various eBayers (or at least the account goes into investigation). That of course in turn would mean the account holder would be unable to reciprocate with negatives, thus negating your fears.

And... another point that's been brought up- a good one too... is the fact that Kelly... and/or her partners are reading all this. That goes without saying. With that said, I- like many of you, am surprised by all this... I myself was in contact with Purrfect Kat/Kelly at one point- about one year ago or so, when she lived up north in Owen Sound... we had good rapport, talked about many great indies (I was always impressed by her outstanding knowledge of indie glam...), and she was kind enough to send me a cdr or two of bands she was certain I wouldn't know (and sure enough, she was right... she made a couple of great compilations with solid material- none of which I was familiar with- quite a feat!) Anyway... why now, out of the blue, things have turned as they have, is beyond me... however, this isn't an overnight turn of tide... naturally, a few of you guys have contacted me about this, some of you sharing bits of info shedding light on things, and... it's clear to me that Kelly was engaging in "questioable" tactits well before this auction... I won't address them here- no need to fan the fire. Although, I must admit recently- Steve's (or Kelly's?) approach to the entire situation has been greatly corroding... Insults, threats, etc, all have been sent to other parties involved with my name at the center of them (none of them however were sent to me personally). Anyway, we've all seen situations like this in the scene in the past, and certainly, this isn't the last time things like this will cross us... in the end, those with integrity, genuine reputations, and those who back them up, will prevail- quickly squeezin' out the ones in question. It's not the first time, and certainly not the least... although I will add that I was impressed by how many people blew the whistle on this one, well before this post even began. I guess the first, and most obvious giveaway (brought to my attention well before I placed any bids.... leaving me cautious at that point), pointed out to me by a few major/elite collectors- guys who know their shit VERY well (formed editors of major metal publications, etc) that several of the titles auctioned off, were never originally pressed on CD... Anyway... that's my bit for now... time to hit the gym again... summer's not THAT far away the way I look at it, heheheh... and this summer, will be MY summer, hehehe! :)

I read this thread for days.

I won some items from sspert. and I paid for them.

I tried to contact him/her using his/her different mail addresses for days but I didn´t get any response. Why? I paid fast and seriously.

To this point I filled a claim in PAYPAL. Wanted to contact the seller to clarify this situation. This was the only way to do this ´coz he/she didn´t answer my questions via email.

PAYPAL did an investigation and a few days later I receive a Complain Satatus report from PAYPAL. The seller contact them and said that the Items were shipped out. He/she inclose a tracking number. PAYPAL will resume the investigation on Dec 12 if the dispute doesn´t end to that date.

Anyway I contact the seller today requesting some information about my purchase in first person.

I said If I´d not receive a response or the items in 24 hrs I´ll leave some negative feedbacks to the seller.

Sspert. had contact me hours later. Here is his/her speech:

Let´s see....Take your own conclusions.

I have contacted Paypal and spoke to a person there regarding your

transaction. I have included the information as requested to them

and I have also made them aware of your bogus attempt to defraud

them and myself. The people who are spreading rumours were Non

Bidders and will be getting suspended from Ebay when I file for my

final value fees.

I have sent in your email to paypal where you asked agout the day

your package was sent and I said it was on the way. You then went

out and made your bogus fraud claim which is going to cause you alot

of trouble, Paypal is trying to crack down on guys trying to pull

those scams and the email and dates clearly showed you attempted to

pull a fraud. Withdraw you bogus complaint Now or face the music

when I team up with paypal to get you kicked off the internet.

I don´t want to defraud nobody.... I only want my paid Cd´s

Protect yourselves by filing a complaing with ebay. I have already done so, and if we get enough of us to file the complaint, we`ll get her suspended.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-pr...-suspended.html

Report sspert.hotmail.com for being the same person as Rocku4ever. This is Kat's previous account.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/everyo...se-contact.html

Report sspert.hotmail.com for using three different names. Payments go to Melissa Stott using an email that is not registered. The account is registered to Steve Spriggs. We know its Kat.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/non-se...ing-seller.html

Report sspert.hotmail.com for selling only those items that she chooses to sell as opposed to all the items youve won (this applies to atleast one of us).

Finally... Report sspert.hotmail.com for selling burned cdrs:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/bootlegs.html

You can dispute your warnings from this seller by going to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/f-npb.html

Hope this helps. Ive encouraged a few people to fill these forms out. It may take some time, but it`ll be worth the effort.

Someone else already listed the site to complain to paypal.com, which I`ll be filling out momentarily.

He had reply me. I never get an answer and now 3 emails in one day.

He had threatened me. Here is the email:

SUBJET: You are going to jail.

You have been Caught with your hand in the cookie.

I answered all emails that were sent to me and if you think

replying to hundreds of questions a day is easy then you are wrong.

The day I replied to you asking about your package being sent out

that day, you then put in a false complaint KNOWING I had just sent

your package the same day. That is Fraud and I was told You will be

dealt with seriously by Paypal Authorities when they verify the

tracking number.

Last chance to withdraw the complaint before I proceed with filing

an International Fraud charge against You.

I receive another email few minutes later. More soft....

Here is it:

If you are not satisfied with your cds then I would refund your

payment after you send them back. I don't deserve a complaint when I

have done nothing wrong and packages over international

waters takes at least 10 to 14 days.

I am not a hard person to deal with and will be having a future

auction very soon and this is not the way we should start business

together. withdraw the complaint and lets start over with better

comunication

EDIT: Better comunication? I sent more than 6 emails never answered!! In the first email he said that he had reply all of my emails. If this is true he doesn´t need to improve comunication. He never answred me. And i´m not the only one.

I only want to get my cds or my money back. Not to harm a seller.