Beware, Ebay

Guest DeBand

There is someone on Ebay right now selling lots of boots and CDr copies of stuff, I caught him in a lie, and many of the things he is auctioning never came out on CD... Just a quick heads up to buyers and collectors... Watch Out, as people (especially newer members) like to do this before holidays because they think people will rush to get before say Christmas! Bye!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After some investigating on this issue I too found myself wondering about certain new mystery sellers hitting Ebay with great Rarities I had been seeing when snooping around a little... I was especially skeptical of this guy sspert.hotmail.com (Ebay name) as some of that stuff I know for a fact wasn't released on CD, and some real rare, yet his feedback was like 7 with some negatives, all of which had nothing to do with HR CD's like he was selling... Who knows? Also, I think this guy Broadwaysmusic is something to look into, but I think he's legit and a good seller, but all collectors keep in mind to beware, ask questions you know... Also, anybody with any news concerning scam artists post it so they cannot capitalize off unsuspecting buyers, as communication amongst us is the best thing we can do...

I think that SSPERT.HOTMAIL.COM is the one,some of the stuff he/she listed were never released on cd.I won one of his auction.To my surprise his user id is registered under the email STEVE.SPRINGS@SYMPATICO.CA and when i used PAY NOW from the end of auction page,my paypal payment was sent to ROCKU4EVER@HOTMAIL.COM,to a MELISSA STOTT.

Very strange!!!!!!!!!

Sounds a bit odd for sure. The rocku4ever sounds like our own little kitty KAT "Purrfect". I could be wrong....but there are some strange going ons in that part of Canada.

I, too, won a small auction...and I'll wait for some feedback before I send anything. I did send an email to the addy questioning the Vain, etc. and got a reply that four or five of the discs were in fact cdrs but that the remainder were 'silver pressed'.

And RIPPER....isn't it ironic that you have any nerve to talk about 'strange' people on eBay when YOU, yourself have MULTIPLE eBay ID's.........

The only people with multiple clandestine ID's on Ebay are those that have something to hide usually.........kinda like the pot calling the kettle black, eh?

What I can say is that sometimes when people hide it does represent something fishy, and in my case it doesn't for the simple fact that I don't rip anyone off, never have never will. Also, multiple names comes in hand when watching items as I usually watch more than 30 items at a time... Neither here nor there really, but oh well... I guess the conclusion can be made that I too am just "Strange" myself, suits me fine. Also, I hate black kettles!

Guest ritchieaor

interesting to note that the broadswaymusic mentioned by the Ripper is now suspended by Ebay ?!!!!!!!?? I won a pile of CDs from him but haven't paid yet - understandably I'm worried LOL !!

also have to say that I avoided sspert.hotmail as these auctions just did not ring true.

Like Ritchieaor, I won a couple of cd's from broadwaysmusic, but I have not paid for them either. he is listed as not a registered user, and he only wants cash or checks paypable in G.B. pounds. not sure what I want to do on this. his feedback rating is perfect, but I am worried about sending cash to someone suspended at the moment. let me know what you decide to do. MButt

Guest ritchieaor

speaking about suspicious sellers - these 2 are clearly the same person selling a variety of strange bootlegs - presume Ebay should ban sellers like this ??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...2&category=1055

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...60&category=618

Michael - if I find out more about broadwaysmusic I'll let you know - cheers.

Well, maybe I can put some folks minds at ease here.

I won the CD "Wanted:Kenny James - Hollywood CA" from broadwaysmusic,and since he/she had a high feedback rating with no negatives, I sent CASH to pay for my purchase. Within a week or so, I received positive feedback,and I received the CD in the mail today;as described! The only shame is that since the seller's account has been suspended, I couldn't leave he/she any feedback.

As far as I'm concerned, broadwaysmusic is A-OK!

whiplash1972

Awesome Whiplash, I thought the same about broadwaysmusic myself. He had been responding to every question I had very quickly in combination with his superb feedback I just sent him cash myself (also because I really wanted to get some particular items back ASAP), but was starting to wonder since this discussion came about... He also said I could wait until his suspension got lifted, as he said Ebay stepped in and froze the account because someone was trying to high jack his account. I will post back here when I get my stuff as well.

Hi guys, I think we all jumped the gun a bit on broadwaysmusic, I have been talking to him, and I don't think we have anything to worry about. especially since whiplash's post. he has offered to let us wait until his account is reinstated, but due to his high feedback, I will be sending him payment with no problem. I do think it was good though for all of us to come together and warn each other if we suspect something. Communication can save one of us some cash. I think we should keep this post open, or start another one when we have real concerns about a seller. chances are one of us have dealt with the person in question and can shed light on some shady folks, or clear a good trader.

keep up the good work all!!!!!!!!!

Mike

My suspicions have been confirmed. Sspert.hotmail.com is in fact selling CD-Rs and passing them off as legit pressings. How do we go about backing out of our transactions without getting suspension warnings or even negative feedback on ebay? I will not be sending in my payments now. We need to unite in order to guarantee that we don't all get screwed over by this forger and fake.

Just playing devil's advocate for a moment here...

If you pull up Sspert.hotmail.com's eBay info, you can see that until recently this person had always been a buyer, NEVER a seller(may not have been clear on selling guidelines).It appears as if he simply decided that he was going to sell his entire collection at once, and listed everything he had.This may simply be a case of the seller not thinking he was doing anything wrong,and literally listing EVERYTHING he had.

Either way, whether on purpose or by accident, it sucks for anyone involved in a transaction with this person; I'd probably hold onto my cash, and take my chances on the feedback if I truly thought I was paying top dollar for a CD-R.

I couldn't disagree with you more Whiplash1972. Judging by the stuff this person was selling, I'd say we were dealing with a seasoned collector who knew what she had, knew of the potential value had the CDs been real, and decided to sell them anyways without even as so much mentioning that the CDs were in fact CDRs. Who can in good conscious sell CDs for as much as 250 bucks knowing they are nothing more then CDRs? I think its disgusting, detracts from the real thing, and is nothing more then fraud on the buyer.

OK hardrockingcollector, in your first post, you said your "suspicions had been confirmed" ...how about elaborating on that? How are you SURE this person purposely set out to screw everyone? If you've got hard evidence, I'd think you'd want to share it with everyone.Let's hear it....

Three of the CDs I won were later confirmed multiple collectors as never issued to CD format. The ebay seller refuses to respond to any of my email regarding their authenticity....in fact the seller never responds to any of my emails period. Additionally, I note that none of the heavy hitter winning bidders have posted any positive feedback for this person despite the auction endings over a week ago. The seller has only posted positive feedback on ONE person who previously had zero feedback (suspicious itself) and that person has also posted feedback on her. NO ONE else out of all of the other buyers has posted positive feedback nor has the seller posted positive feedback about ANYONE else. I requested this ebay user ID's info. through ebay and was provided with yet another name and address....This seller is using three different names with four different email addresses. Call me crazy, but what do you make of all of this?

"Three of the CDs I won were later confirmed multiple collectors as never issued to CD format. "

OK,so you were bidding on titles that were never actually issued as CDs.....

sounds like you were exactly what this seller was looking for...

I'm not trying to be an ass here,but seems like you kinda got yourself into this predicament.