1981 - Best HEAVY METAL Album

1981 Favorite Metal Album  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

none of them. i'll go very very easily with heavy load's metal conquest....and akka dakka metal? plz no!

honourable mentions to:

saracen-heroes, saints and fools

resistencia-hecho en venezuela(preparing the ground for their 2nd masterpiece,estrategia contra el movimiento)

arkangel-s/t (even for only the 2nd side of this holy vinyl)

lips-hard'n'heavy(the forefathers of speed metal)

• 4 years later...

Mob Rules is definitely the best album on that list ... the others are a bit too 'patchy' for me ...

Dammmnnn...what a list. Very hard decision between the BEST Def Leppard record, Mob Rules, Y&T....but I had to go with RIOT. "Outlaw" got me hooked with that insane opening riff. Then Swords and Tequila....just a monster slab of a rock record, in great company on that list.

• 4 weeks later...

WELL DUH!!!! I guess you didnt have to think to hard to figure out which one I voted for, what a fantabulous poll, never thought my boys would be included on a poll, well done.

Lots of great music here!

But all others must bow before what I consider to be the GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME:

DEF LEPPARD - HIGH AND DRY.

Seriously bro?? I would have lost a bet then, cause I wouldve guessed you were an On Through The Night Fan! so im glad I didnt have any money riding on that.

If you really want to discuss Def Leppard being Metal back then, then what would you consider Venom? because even back then I really do not consider these 2 bands to sound even remotely similar in Genre, or in sound, so what argument do you make as far as this goes? where would you go on this? because maybe this is where my long standing argument comes from, is that even from the wee young age of 5 or so, Venom are what represented my outlook on what Metal was, just loud, obnoxious, heavy, and raw, Motorhead too, and Def Leppard do not even sound like they are in the same ballpark, so what are your thoughts on this???

• 5 months later...

Not mentioned on Pool. for me it's ARKANGEL - S/T from Venezuela.

Never heard of that ... but it has 2 100% reviews on Encyclopaedia Metallum.

Think I need to check it out!