New Signings , New Releases and more....

Hi folks , time for an update on the Retrospect front. Been extremely busy here signing over a dozen acts in the past 2 weeks!!

NEW RELEASES NOW AVAILABLE

Saylor - tracks recorded between 1988 and 1995 - Melodic Hard Rock (side project from Herazz members)

Herazz "Yet To Come" - 1985 - Melodic Metal

Herazz "Can't Let Go" - 1989 - Hair Metal / Melodic Hard Rock and the FOURTH Herazz album released by RR.

Alleyrat - 1992 - A Melodic Metal GEM , if you want Alyze with even BETTER vocals then check these guys out - one of my personal faves in the Retrospect catalog (JLPROCKS - this right up your alley , lol pun intended).

Joey Dalmon "Carousel" - 1990 - Westcoast AOR like The Koo meets Sharx. Jez , Kim HP and the AOR crew needs this one!

Stit - "Backwards" - 2006 - This Detroit-based quartet have been together since 1989 and this is their first CD release - as well as one of the very few 'active' bands in the Retrospect catalog. Fans of 80s Glam / Sleaze should check out STIT (not to mention that my wife's chest endows the cover of this release - lol)

Stalker - 1990 - Melodic Hard Rock / Hair Metal

Big Guns - 1990 - Melodic Hard Rock / Hair Metal

COMING SOON...

Mass "New Birth" - 1985

Reckless "No Frills" - 1987

Herman Ze German & Friends - 1985

Oney "Bust Em Down" - 1991 - Second Installment from this Ohio-based Hair Metal act.

Staxx "Don' No No Betta" - 1988 - Hair Metal

Wild August "self-titled" - 1989 - Hair Metal

Wild August "2" - 1991 - ditto

Slam Savvy - 1991 - Hair Metal from Canada

JUST AROUND THE CORNER....

DC Star "Rockin in the Classroom" - 1987 (licensed from Mirage Records!)

Fierce Heart - 1985 (licensed from Mirage Records!)

Gerard McMann "Foreign Papers" - 1986 - AOR (licensed from Mirage Records!)

Mariah "3 The Final Demos" - 1992 - Waiting for remaster.

Mr Dangerous - 1989 - Hair Metal

Lazy Susan "Bad Habit" - 1994 - Melodic Hard Rock

Intrinsic "Intrinsic" - 1988 - Classic Metal

Poynt Blankk - 1993 - Thrash Metal from Hawaii on Retrospect subsidiary RetroThrash

Fortress "Horrors of Paradise" - 1991 - Thrash Metal from Houston also on RetroThrash - Testament , Exodus , Overkill fans are gonna LOOOOVE this one!

Money - 1986 - Melodic Hard Rock / AOR

Stiletto - 1988 - Melodic Rock / AOR featuring Sharx vocalist Victor Chambray

Hamish "TBA" - 1990 - Melodic Rock / AOR from Canada (Haywire , Boulevard fans!!!)

Bugsy Malone - 1991 - Hair Metal from Denver

Strikeforce "TBA" - More melodic 80s Metal dug up from the vaults of Strikeforce!

Scary Hairy "Intent to Deliver" - 1993 - Melodic Metal (with a touch of prog) featuring Manila Thrills vocalist Michael Beck.

Fury "Fury" - 1985 - One of the most coveted 80s AOR gems FINALLY gets an official cd release. If you are aware of the fantastic cd by "Blanc Faces" (2005) then you'll know that I am ecstatic about signing the LaBlanc brothers. 20 years before Blanc Faces , these guys released an unbelievable slice of AOR that no AOR fan should be without (I am really excited about this one!) - WOW.

Nantucket "V" - 1985 - That's right folks , the Nantucket legacy continues by signing with Retrospect for a 2 album deal (which includes a Live album) , but this is their most AOR-sounding album and it FINALLY sees a cd release. Another essential piece for the AOR collectors.

Tyger Tyger "TBA" - 1992 - Florida-based Melodic Hard Rock / Hair Metal featuring members of Roxx Gang , Intice and Crimson Glory. This one f____g ROCKS!!

Jester "Time Has Come" - 1993 - Melodic Hard Rock - 2nd release on Retrospect from this extremely talented Canadian act.

Beggars Playground - 1993 - Melodic Hard Rock from St Louis. Featuring members of Bad Candy (also on Retrospect)

Isom "TBA" - 1988 - Melodic Hard Rock / AOR / Hair Metal featuring "Monster" vocalist (lol) Mark Isom. This one is as good as DEFCON!!!

Toxic Dollz - 1991 - Pure Glam / Sleaze

Nasty Habits - 1990 - Glam / Melodic Hard Rock

IN THE STUDIO....

Defcon - after 15 years these guys are recording their follow-up to the extremely successful self-titled album.

Strikeforce - new album coming early 2007

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can tell , we are extremely busy here. And there's probably some releases I forgot about! LOL. Retrospect employees are working round the clock to bring you the most obscure (and not-so-obscure) artists from the 80s. I thank you again for your continued support. Rest assured that 2007 will be even bigger than 2006!

:banger::banger::banger:

Poynt Blankk - 1993 - Thrash Metal from Hawaii on Retrospect subsidiary RetroThrash

Fortress "Horrors of Paradise" - 1991 - Thrash Metal from Houston also on RetroThrash - Testament , Exodus , Overkill fans are gonna LOOOOVE this one!

Tyger Tyger "TBA" - 1992 - Florida-based Melodic Hard Rock / Hair Metal featuring members of Roxx Gang , Intice and Crimson Glory. This one f____g ROCKS!!

Hey Sam:

Nice to see you're starting up a subsidiary for some heavier stuff. It does this old thrasher's heart good. :)

By the way, I've been on a massive Crimson Glory kick for the past couple of weeks so this "Tyger Tyger" has piqued my interest. Which C.G. member(s) were involved with this band? I'm familiar with the CG offshoots ELC (Erotic Liquid Culture), Parish, and the Ben Jackson Group, but I don't believe I've ever heard of Tyger Tyger. Just curious.

Gerard McMann "Foreign Papers" - 1986 - AOR (licensed from Mirage Records!)

:banana::banana::bananamac::crazy:

How could I forget? Another VIP signing for Retrospect....

LORRAINE!!

Some people know this album called "Boys Night Out" is one of the highest priced discs around. Well now it will finally see an official cd release , and what a corker it is! Hair Metal at its finest.

Freddy , the singer of Tyger Tyger is Tony Lee Wise. He was the original vocalist for Crimson Glory before Midnight!

And as you most likely know... I'll be eagerly awaiting the DC Star release... And don't forget about the bonus song, "Dreaming Of You".

Freddy , the singer of Tyger Tyger is Tony Lee Wise. He was the original vocalist for Crimson Glory before Midnight!

Tony Lee Who? :blink: Sorry, never heard of him. I knew one previous C.G. vocalist was a fella named Mark Ormes, didn't know they had anyone else besides him and Midnight though. You learn something new every day I guess.

Sam - some good stuff there mate. I may have mentioned this before, but are you going to do Sandy Stewart - Cat Dancer that was on the Mirage label as this was a hell of an album, Lite AOR of the highest order.

hey thanks for the tip about Sandy Stewart - I'll ask Gerry about licensing that one too.

I also found out that Mirage had something to do with those 2 killer RAGE albums from the early 80s too. You know the ones "Run for the Night" and the other one (name escapes me) , so those would be real gems also!

I am still talking to Mark Chatfield about the ROSIE re-releases , hope to make that happen!

I also found out that Mirage had something to do with those 2 killer RAGE albums from the early 80s too. You know the ones "Run for the Night" and the other one (name escapes me) , so those would be real gems also!

Would that Rage album be "Nice & Dirty," with that classic girl-on-girl action album cover?

(NOTE: Obviously this is not the German power metal band Rage, different band, same name)

Thats right Freddy. I'll do some research on those albums.

Woo hoo! My useless knowledge is still good for something. :)

If you reissue that album please make sure to use the original girl-on-girl cover... I believe there were later pressings with tamer album art, but the original is always the best, especially in this case. :)

Sam..have u ever got in contact with a New Hampshire band Called TOIZ, they had 1 excellent release called "aint no day at the beach"..if ya need any info..email me ...

sam ..i got the 2 on cd, if ya wanna hear what they sound like......

Just remember Sam, make sure you use THIS cover! :)

Rage-NND1.jpg

The album cover might seem kinda tame by today's standards but in 1982 or 83, when I first saw it in a record store, it certainly had an effect on me!! :lol:

• 2 months later...
The album cover might seem kinda tame by today's standards but in 1982 or 83, when I first saw it in a record store, it certainly had an effect on me!! :lol:

Did it make you feel funny, like when you would climb the rope in gym class? B)

Did it make you feel funny, like when you would climb the rope in gym class? B)

Bwahahahahaha!! No, not exactly... I never could climb that damn rope in gym class... guess I was missing out! B)

Sam..have u ever got in contact with a New Hampshire band Called TOIZ, they had 1 excellent release called "aint no day at the beach"..if ya need any info..email me ...

sam ..i got the 2 on cd, if ya wanna hear what they sound like......

That album cover smokes!

• I posed him that exact question on his discord page as to what his future plans are.... He said he plans to relax for a bit, do his You Tube thing, keep writing new music and then will decide how to release that music.  He said as of now he's thinking he'll either do a solo thing or form his own band.  He didn't say this but I'd sort of envision a Daughtry type "band" where he kind of puts a band behind his name. So essentially, I think you're right on with his plans.  Ultimately, I think like you say, the control is a big part of it.  I think he wants to be able to operate on his own schedule to maintain his health and family obligations. It'll be interesting to see what sound the new material takes on.  It would seem logical to think it would be rock/melodic rock of some sort since that's really the type of music he's built his following with but he certainly has shown he can dabble anywhere from AOR to metal.
    • Glad I got to see them with Erik in front. All the best to him, definitely looking forward to his future outings when he is fully recovered. Would be cool to see him form his own band, where he could take control, and play around in different genres, from full on metal, to soothing AOR, the guy is so versatile.
    • Remedy - Crying Heart. One I've just seen thanks to the Iridium channel.  From the upcoming album. It's a Killer.     
    • Let's not forget Benny Hill. What a Magnificent show that was.    
    • Yeah... I dunno about that. It would be too cringe. Who knows? If I'm high enough, I might submit a video. 
    • Yep great track and if you fancy being in the video for "The Feeling" nows your chance.  
    • I'm proud to say that I had this single when I was a mere 8 years old. KISS were big down here then. Norman Gunston is Iconic for Aussies of my vintage.  The face ln the bottom left says it all. Hilarious.     
    • All in all, this is a great story. Erik played a brilliant, well received, albeit short cameo with one of our favourite bands.  It was a win, win, win. A win for us, a win for Skid Row (the album certainly put them back on the map) and a win for Erik, adding this to his already impressive resume. The fact that it was so amicable with both parties is also great to see.
    • I really like this album - not every song on it but there are some surprisingly catchy melodies all over. Personally I think the singer adds great energy to the mix. It reminds me of the earlier Bai Bang ("closer to you")

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.