New Raven album

Fat Freddy

Saw this on Blabbermouth this morning and did a little happy dance... I hope Raven has a new CD coming out soon, it's been too long since their last one...

RAVEN Frontman Comments On New Material - Sep. 18, 2006

RAVEN bassist/vocalist John Gallagher has commented on the band's recent recording session which produced four new songs — "Against The Grain", "Running Around In Circles", "Breaking You Down" and "Necessary Evil" — at Assembly Line Studios with Kevin 131 (PROJECT: FAILING FLESH, DECEASED, DYSRYTHMIA, GARDEN OF SHADOWS) engineering and mixing.

When asked by a fan on the band's message board if the new songs will be re-recorded for the upcoming CD, Gallagher said, "They are more than good enough to go on the album. We may tweak the mix a little but it's not really needed — they sound THAT good. Actually, I had half of 'Against the Grain' when we did the last album and finished it up a lot later. The production is clear — uncluttered and powerful. Very straightforward... kinda [like] 'Life's a Bitch' with better drum sounds maybe."

RAVEN's last studio album, "One for All", was released in 1999 via Massacre Records.

Is WACKO still with 'em?? :banger:

Nah, sadly, Rob "Wacko" Hunter left the band in the late 80s and hung up his hockey helmet... although his replacement, Joe Hasselvander (he's also been in Pentagram and Cathedral) is a fucking monster drummer, an Ozzy Osbourne lookalike and a hella nice guy... he gave me one of his sticks last time I saw Raven in 2000...

Is WACKO still with 'em?? :banger:

Nah, sadly, Rob "Wacko" Hunter left the band in the late 80s and hung up his hockey helmet... although his replacement, Joe Hasselvander (he's also been in Pentagram and Cathedral) is a fucking monster drummer, an Ozzy Osbourne lookalike and a hella nice guy... he gave me one of his sticks last time I saw Raven in 2000...

Thanks for the info. I lost track of Raven. I need to look into getting some.

Almost EVERYBODY in the U.S. lost track of Raven during the '90s cuz they were only releasing albums overseas for a long time. The last album that got a US release was in 1988 (NOTHING EXCEEDS LIKE EXCESS) and then they were strictly Japan and Europe until 1999's RAW TRACKS and ONE FOR ALL (both of which finally got a U.S. release thru Metal Blade). I went to a Raven/Anvil show in New Jersey in 1995 and bought the GLOW album directly from John Gallagher himself, I didn't even know they had released anything new at that time. So for most of the 90s I spent a LOTTA $$ on imports to keep my collection current. It was all worth it though! Raven rules! :banger:

Almost EVERYBODY in the U.S. lost track of Raven during the '90s cuz they were only releasing albums overseas for a long time. The last album that got a US release was in 1988 (NOTHING EXCEEDS LIKE EXCESS) and then they were strictly Japan and Europe until 1999's RAW TRACKS and ONE FOR ALL (both of which finally got a U.S. release thru Metal Blade). I went to a Raven/Anvil show in New Jersey in 1995 and bought the GLOW album directly from John Gallagher himself, I didn't even know they had released anything new at that time. So for most of the 90s I spent a LOTTA $$ on imports to keep my collection current. It was all worth it though! Raven rules! :banger:

Always loved the song "The Savage and the Hungry". What CD is that on?

Always loved the song "The Savage and the Hungry". What CD is that on?

That tune is on LIFE'S A BITCH... great album!

• 2 years later...

:woot: The new Raven album is FINALLY coming out (only in Japan at the moment, but what the hell, you can't have everything I guess...) ...IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!! I got a woody. :lol:

3384378074_629ce965f6_o.jpg

Legendary British/American heavy metal trio RAVEN will release its new album, "Walk Through Fire", on March 25 in Japan through King Records. The CD was recorded at the Assembly Line Studios with engineer/mixer Kevin 131 (PROJECT: FAILING FLESH, DECEASED, DYSRYTHMIA, GARDEN OF SHADOWS).

RAVEN vocalist/bassist John Gallagher

previously stated about the new CD, "It's the right combination of

spontaneous lunacy captured with the sounds we've always wanted."

"Walk Through Fire" track listing:

01. Intro

02. Against The Grain

03. Breaking You Down

04. Under Your Radar

05. Walk Through Fire

06. Bulldozer

07. Long Day's Journey

08. Trainwreck

09. Grip

10. Running Around In Circles

11. Hard Road

12. Armageddon

13. Attitude

14. Necessary Evil (Japan-only bonus track)

15. Space Station #5 (MONTROSE cover)

Raven? Oh my God, is that band still alive? Must be dead... Happy new 1984!!!

1984 was a good year. I wouldn't mind it being a new 1984. <_<

The cover reminds Me of the Live at the Inferno album cover meeting the Everything Louder album cover.. Sweeeet.....

Funny... I believe I made that exact same comparison to you on Facebook yesterday... copycat :whistle:

I havent heard anything since "Raw Tracks", maybe it's time to start listening to them again.

That's cuz other than the ONE FOR ALL album (released in 99, same year as RAW TRACKS) there hasn't been anything!!

I havent heard anything since "Raw Tracks", maybe it's time to start listening to them again.

That's cuz other than the ONE FOR ALL album (released in 99, same year as RAW TRACKS) there hasn't been anything!!

Well hot damn, looks like I'm caught up.

• 1 month later...

Just checked out two new Raven tracks on their MySpace ("Attitude" and "Breaking You Down") -- both sound pretty sweet to me. :banger:

Check'em out at http://www.myspace.com/ravenlunatics

Hope the new album gets a release outside of Japan sometime soon... $40 for a CD is a bit rich for my blood nowadays...

Just checked out two new Raven tracks on their MySpace ("Attitude" and "Breaking You Down") -- both sound pretty sweet to me. :banger:

Check'em out at http://www.myspace.com/ravenlunatics

Hope the new album gets a release outside of Japan sometime soon... $40 for a CD is a bit rich for my blood nowadays...

Kick ass stuff as usual. :headbanger:

• 1 month later...

Found a fan-made vid on YouTube for a track off the new Raven album... sounds durn good to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjqjAz-iItg

Found a fan-made vid on YouTube for a track off the new Raven album... sounds durn good to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLDWsunkloU

Hmm, seems like a very different direction for them, is that a new bass player? :blink:

• 1 month later...

Another track from the new album ("Necessary Evil") is on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57zGrvQNAhE

• 1 month later...

I just saw a posting on the "Loonie Board" at Raven's website that sez the first pressing of the new CD is totally sold out... and still no word on a U.S. or European release... :doh:

One guy posted that he looked for the new CD @ Amazon and it's listed as "No Longer Available" -- although he did find a guy selling a used copy for $75!! :yikes:

John Gallagher himself posted this response to that:

$75.00??? jeez!!

believe it or not, we are working on a friggin deal for the album..and will keep everyone posted..its not that we have not had offers, its just that frankly the album deserves a little better...

cheers, john

I'll keep checking back there for further updates!