Most disappointing album

Guest Berry

Wnger IV was a big disappointment. I thought it would be so much better than it was.

I didn't think it was such a big disappointment. Sure it wasn't the "classic" Winger style but I really thought it was good on its own.

Finally someone that sees things my way on this under appreciated album. :tumbsup:

Glad we can agree on something Wes! ;)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wnger IV was a big disappointment. I thought it would be so much better than it was.

I didn't think it was such a big disappointment. Sure it wasn't the "classic" Winger style but I really thought it was good on its own.

Finally someone that sees things my way on this under appreciated album. :tumbsup:

I thought it was a pretty damn good album as well.

I liked Cinderella's HEARTBREAK STATION as well... though compared to the other three studio albums it's definitely the weakest...

I recently came across a review I wrote of that album for my college paper and it totally made me cringe. At the time I must've REALLY liked it cuz it was a total slobbering fan boy review that ended with the line "Together with the Black Crowes, Cinderella are going to kick off an entire new decade of blues-based rock supremacy. Get in on the ground floor now!" :rofl2: Of course, a scant few months later a lil' ol' band from Seattle came along...so I really called that one didn't I? :unsure:

I really oughta post some of those old college-paper reviews here sometime... they're a laugh and a half. I sounded even more pretentious in those reviews than I do now. :)

Yes.. Yes you should Man!! Especially the review of Extreme live.. I believe that was titled "An Extreme-ly rough night"..... OH and it you could scan and post that comic you did.. Random Thoughts?? That would be excellent!!! :tumbsup:

Oh and I liked "Heartbreak Station" too.. Haven't played it in a while though.......

Yes.. Yes you should Man!! Especially the review of Extreme live.. I believe that was titled "An Extreme-ly rough night"..... OH and it you could scan and post that comic you did.. Random Thoughts?? That would be excellent!!! :tumbsup:

Next time I got some time to kill I'll start a thread called "Fat Freddy's Old-Ass CD Reviews" and post a couple. :tumbsup:

Next time I got some time to kill I'll start a thread called "Fat Freddy's Old-Ass CD Reviews" and post a couple. :tumbsup:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet...... :tumbsup:

Guns and roses-chinese deocracy bore me to death

Kiss-carnival of souls

Motley-generation wine

def leppard-slang

dokken -shadow life , almost every hard rock band that turn to grunge inthe early 90s like warrant(belly to belly)

pink cream 69 change,

wild side-sel titled

saraya-when the blackbird sings is not that bad , but compared to the self titled debut ( a masterpiece) is a letdown

vixen-live and learn and tangerine

scorpions-eye to eye

bon jovi -this left feels right

van halen III

Joey tempest solos-to much poppish

I like cinderella-heartbreak station and winger IV

Its an easy selection for me.

Kiss - Carnival of souls (there was a reason it was unreleased for years)

Wildside - S/T (although there are two good songs I like on it)

Sven Gali - In wire (yuck)

Van Halen - III (it is not a VH album)

Vixen - Live and learn (boring, dull, yawn inducing...etc etc)

Lee Aaron - Slick chick and Beautiful things (Jazz...no no)

Iron Maiden - Brave new world (do actually like this one to a degree, but its just so unoriginal)

Aerosmith - Just push to play (dull as dishwater)

Almighty - Crank (no hooks)

Metallica - St Anger (the biggest pile of shite ever recorded)

Skin - Experience electric (even made Lucky sound like a step in the right direction)

Bon Jovi - This left feels right (great idea, awful execution)

Enuff Z' Nuff - ? (the only EZN album I cant stand)

Iron Maiden - Brave new world (do actually like this one to a degree, but its just so unoriginal)

Wow that one hurts. That's one of my top 5 Maiden albums that still gets many plays in my house.

I don't see it as unoriginal at all. There was no one(that I can think of) back in 2000 that was putting out music on a major label that sounded like that. It reminded me of a mix between Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time but a little different. :tumbsup:

The reason it was so unoriginal was I felt every song on it sounded like copies of classic Maiden songs, rather than new original material.

I had thought that the newer influences they started to show during the Blaze era, and the influences that both Dickinson and Smith had picked up since leaving Maiden, would have made for something that sounded new and fresh, while maintaining the classic Maiden sound, yet what we got was a load of rehashed riffs and an album that sounded like it was a compilation of alternative versions of older tracks.

Still not a bad album, just far from what my expectations were, and certainly not the big comeback Maiden fans deserved.

Then again, everything since that is pretty much "blah!", so its not all bad!

Now there's two of them!! :yikes:

The reason it was so unoriginal was I felt every song on it sounded like copies of classic Maiden songs, rather than new original material.

I had thought that the newer influences they started to show during the Blaze era, and the influences that both Dickinson and Smith had picked up since leaving Maiden, would have made for something that sounded new and fresh, while maintaining the classic Maiden sound, yet what we got was a load of rehashed riffs and an album that sounded like it was a compilation of alternative versions of older tracks.

Still not a bad album, just far from what my expectations were, and certainly not the big comeback Maiden fans deserved.

While I didn't like it as much as the awesome stuff that Bruce put out, especially 'Accident' and 'Chemical', I guess I wasn't expecting Maiden to bring those heavier production into their sound. While I wasn't blown away on first listen to BNW, I did grow on me to the point that, as I said above, that's one of my fav albums by them. No problem we don't have to agree on everything. :drink:

Actually there's three of us!! :yikes: Read the posts you freak....

While I didn't like it as much as the awesome stuff that Bruce put out, especially 'Accident' and 'Chemical', I guess I wasn't expecting Maiden to bring those heavier production into their sound. While I wasn't blown away on first listen to BNW, I did grow on me to the point that, as I said above, that's one of my fav albums by them. No problem we don't have to agree on everything. :drink:

Oh exactly, to each their own.

Who's the third? As far as I can see you and Wes are the only people on the planet that like that atrocity, aka to Stefan and Wes, album.

Who's the third? As far as I can see you and Wes are the only people on the planet that like that atrocity, aka to Stefan and Wes, album.

:stupid:

The man above your post, Captain Howdy. Check out post #52. Freak.

He doesn't count 'cause he wasn't in your little bundle of quotes. Me a freak? I'm not the one who thinks *lolz* Winger's 'IV' album is actually good. :lol:

He doesn't count 'cause he wasn't in your little bundle of quotes. Me a freak? I'm not the one who thinks *lolz* Winger's 'IV' album is actually good. :lol:

Wise ass! I said read the posts not quotes.

Me a freak? I'm not the one who thinks *lolz* Winger's 'IV' album is actually good. :lol:

So does that make me a freak? I don't think so.

Me a freak? I'm not the one who thinks *lolz* Winger's 'IV' album is actually good. :lol:

I know so.

I know so.

Are you gonna let him get away with that Wes? :unsure: