NEW SIGNINGS

Hi all,

I actually wished Sam good luck with the Reckless release. I'm not sure where the attack came from??

I'm good friends with Gary Kriss of Reckless and I want to see him treated well unlike another good friend of mine (Matt Mathews of Sweet Teaze) who got ripped off by Sam, and I think this Reckless release deserves a lot more effort with the artwork, production, promotion, advertising, etc.. than the previous Retrospect Records releases. I'm sure that most people who have heard the No Frills album would agree with that???

Kind regards

Dave

Hi all,

I actually wished Sam good luck with the Reckless release. I'm not sure where the attack came from??

I'm good friends with Gary Kriss of Reckless and I want to see him treated well unlike another good friend of mine (Matt Mathews of Sweet Teaze) who got ripped off by Sam, and I think this Reckless release deserves a lot more effort with the artwork, production, promotion, advertising, etc.. than the previous Retrospect Records releases. I'm sure that most people who have heard the No Frills album would agree with that???

Kind regards

Dave

It is truly an AWESOME album. Worthy of some special time and effort Dave. I hope Sam will silver press it and include some extra tracks. Gary said he has some lying around. I hope they are included. Super Hard Rock at its finest!! ~C

Hi all,

Kind regards

Dave

I believe the attacks came because of the way it was said. I realize we are not speaking in person but it's not a coincidence that several people replied to your comments. Something to the effect of fucking up the cd? Ring a bell?

And I am not attacking you. I am just sick of hearing it, that's all. BTW, if you are such good friends w/ the band member...why aren't you releasing the album? Just curious...

JL

And I am not attacking you. I am just sick of hearing it, that's all. BTW, if you are such good friends w/ the band member...why aren't you releasing the album? Just curious...

JL

GOOD ME TOO????????

Also I have nothing against Sam here but this record is a piece of Crap!!!

Thats why it's not on CD already. These guys were from NY and had to be the wrost band there back in the day. I grow up near the Guitarist and he hung on my block. Took leasons from Bill Quackenbush. if you all know him ask him about that. Bill is now in a mental ward. they were the JOKE of the town and you all are talking about them like they were something, Hell that cracks me up. HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant you find something GOOD to do? there were 100000 bands from the 80's that never got past the demo stage. you mean they all sucked that you have to dig up some crap like this that already had there 5 seconds of fame on vinyl and couldn't cutt it then.

Sam good luck with this project and I like that you are doing it the right way but even all the extra tracks/photos/siver press/ books and crap aint helping this one (just a dog). I wouldn't do more then 500 and you'll sit on 1/2 of those. Sorry

Reckless

If you think this sucks then you probably shouldn't be a fan of Hard Rock.

I've gotta agree. Nothing earth-shattering or revolutionary, but sounds very well executed! If this is representative of the rest of the album, it's some darned good stuff.

-Dan

All this talk about Reckless prompted me to pull out the album earlier today (Chad/Doksdad hooked me up with it some time ago) for the first time in a while and I'd agree with Dan, it's not the most mindblowing thing ever released but it certainly doesn't suck either. It's just good ol'fashioned well played hard rock, nuthin' wrong with that...

What I am saying is it's just an average LP. Nothing special.

I mean someone at Atco thought it was good enough for vinyl in the 80's so it doesn't suck but

why put out something average that never went anywhere just because it's not on CD yet. and why make a big deal about it.

Your best releases have been from bands that never went past demo tapes, Defcon......

The market is just not there for something like Reckless. That's why I said I don't think you will move more then 500. People just don't care about it. You do a search on Google and see if anyone out there is even talking about this band other then this site. It was on a major label Atco ( you can find a copy any day of the week for -$5.00) and had a German press as well so the thing got around but if you hit all the major AOR Hard Rock Metal sites it's not there because the public just does care for average filer.

Sorry that's just my thoughts on it. If you want to make waves with a release you have to pull out the big guns. not just something people are going to buy listen to one time and files on the shelf.

You do a search on Google and see if anyone out there is even talking about this band other then this site.

I do have to agree with this statement. To be honest I had never even heard of Reckless till Chad/Doksdad offered a copy to me a while back...

...Then again, I have never heard of half the bands that are being reissued by Retrospect so maybe I'm not the best guy to judge, since they apparently do quite well with a lot of 'em!! (I'm still bummed that their Vyper reissue is sold out by the way!!)

I couldn't disagree more. This clip is not representative of how good this album really is, to be honest this is one of my least fav on the whole thing (still good though!)

To me, if you guys like this song, then you'll love the rest. I have no reason to lie, I am in no way affiliated with anyone, and speak only cuz I think the music here needs to be heard by fans of the genre (even if you only wanna spend a few bucks on the tape). Listen to the whole thing and then come back and yell at me, but don't judge this based off this clip...which again, I like it, it's one of the harder edged songs, but doesn't really showcase the hooks they have on here. Fans of Icon's "An Even More Perfect Union" and Danger Danger (Poley-led) will go nuts for the rest!!

P.S. For those who take my advice and only get the tape (to see what the hype is about) and TRULY listen to it, my bet is that you'll wonder why you've never heard this before, and why it wasn't pressed on CD...which is the topic at hand! As far as I am concerned this is a VERY underrated classic, and deserves all the hype that it can get since it FRICKIN ROCKS! This thing deserves the attention, trust me on this one! :)

I don't know why some spend so much time worring about whether its original or authorized release by band. I feel if the band cared they would have kept it alive themselves. Are they making money from it? Would they be either way? If they're not trying to sell it themselves(no money), then what the hell's the difference whether someone else is? People PleasE!!!!!!!! Dont give me that shit about them losing money or it wasn't authorized as I could care less.

Personally, I have no beef with Retrospect Records, as I have heard lots of accusations about them bootlegging, but precious little proof, and they seem to be making a serious attempt to establish themselves as a legitimate label.

But the mentality hardrock80s exhibits leaves a bad taste in my mouth that has nothing to do with last night's beer & pizza. Just because a band doesn't want to try to sell their music themselves doesn't give anyone else the right to steal it, bootleg it, and profit from it.

Consider this: some of you know I am a writer, and for the record, I have sold some short stories and poetry to various magazines, but I still have literally dozens of unsold novels, screenplays, poems, etc. that I have not even attempted to sell. So, hardrock80s, am I to assume that simply because I am not profiting from what I have written, you have the right to take my creative property without my knowledge/permission, make copies, and sell them? That's called theft, and it applies to music just as much as it does to anything else.

I could ramble on, but I'll get off my soapbox now, as I believe my point has been made, whether you agree with it or not. :soapbox:

Well i find it amazing of all the trash that is being thrown at Sam by one person from different label......I have found Sam to be truly helpful in my recent endeavors and believe me until you begin to reissue a cd yourself, you will never know just how much work goes into it.......He is a helluva business guy and he is not doing this to get rich, he is in it to get the music out to the fans......David if you want to sling mud I know there is one person in particular who is not happy with your business practices, and he will shed his own light on it here himself very soon...........Hats off to Sam for the great music and i look forward to all your future releases...........

Later

Lon

Well i find it amazing of all the trash that is being thrown at Sam by one person from different label......I have found Sam to be truly helpful in my recent endeavors and believe me until you begin to reissue a cd yourself, you will never know just how much work goes into it.......He is a helluva business guy and he is not doing this to get rich, he is in it to get the music out to the fans......David if you want to sling mud I know there is one person in particular who is not happy with your business practices, and he will shed his own light on it here himself very soon...........Hats off to Sam for the great music and i look forward to all your future releases...........

Later

Lon

I just don't understand this message, I wished Sam the best of luck with the upcoming Reckless release???? You say that I sling mud all the time at Sam, well I challenge you to prove to me anything that I've said in the past that is not to be true!! I believe the fans should know when someone is being ripped off, that's all.

To say Sam isn't in this to get rich is an absolute joke! Just proves to me that you are a sh.t talker!!! If Sam wasn't in it to get rich quick, he would spend some more money on Promotion, Advertising, Artwork, Silver Pressing, etc..

Lon, I can expect criticism from anyone when the accusations are true but all the B.S. you talk really makes me laugh. I ask again, why don't you see me digging into other competitor Record Labels like Metal Mayhem, Kivel Records, MTM Music, Perris Records, etc.

P.S. I must take my hat off to Sam for pulling the wool over so many peoples eyes and it sounds like he is getting away with it.

Kind regards

Dave

I just don't understand this message, I wished Sam the best of luck with the upcoming Reckless release????

Dude, you're either dumb or stupid. Which one is it? Wishing Sam the best of luck with the Reckless release means absolutely nothing when you follow it up with your comments about him fucking up other releases in the past! It's just your 'kind' way of slinging mud.

I totally agree...Dave, you need to knock off the "back handed" compliments of yours towards Sam...it's making you & your company look very bad...not to mention desperate. As far as I'm concerned, Sam/80's has done a complete about face regarding his posting here & has become a welcome member of the community.

I totally agree...Dave, you need to knock off the "back handed" compliments of yours towards Sam...it's making you & your company look very bad...not to mention desperate. As far as I'm concerned, Sam/80's has done a complete about face regarding his posting here & has become a welcome member of the community.

My thoughts exactly.....

JL

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.