NEW SIGNINGS

Two of the best and most underrated Melodic Hard Rock bands of the 80s officially signs with Retrospect Records.

Mass "New Birth" - 1985

Reckless "No Frills" - 1987

Both will be SILVER-pressed.

AWESOME!

Update:

Mariah 3 will see a release date in Sept. - silver-pressed

(silver-pressed) Defcon's artwork is finally finished - it took forever to get it right. It's the first time I did a huge 16-page booklet!! Will go into production by the weekend and will be in stock in 10-14 days.

RPM 2 cd set - silver-pressed Digitally Remastered "RPM" + "Phonogenic" will be available within a few days.

ROCK ON and thanks again for your continued support.

Sam, don't be silly. I had nothing to do with it. You well know that he got in contact with you because you started selling bootlegs of the No Frills album.

Kind regards

Dave

You're fucking amazing.........

David can you ever tell the truth?

He got in contact with me because YOU emailed him telling him Retrospect was selling bootleg copies of 'No Frills' , that was a lie , because the copies of No Frills I was selling came from an Italian company.

Well thanks for that because I had talked to Gary a year ago about officially releasing the "No Frills" on cd and this just helped accelerate the official re-release date.

You lost Manila Thrills , you lost Axtion , you lost Tainted Angel and now you can chalk up Reckless as another loss to Retrospect.

You really need a life David. Concentrate on your own label for a change and stop creating ebay names trying to bid on my auctions.

Everyone is finding out what kind of person you are....and I'm about to put the nail in the coffin....

Ohhh boy, heeeere we go again (ducks for cover)

Hey Sam,

Unlike most here I could never say enough good about you. I have to thank this site for making such a big deal out of this. It lead me right to your auctions and I personally could care less if there Original/CDRs/ Boots whatever. I dont know why some spend so much time worring about whether its original or authorized release by band. I feel if the band cared they would have kept it alive themselves. I see you doing them a great favor. Are they making money from it? Would they be either way? If they not trying to sell themselves(no Money) So what the hells the difference whether someone else is. People PleasE!!!!!!!!!! Dont give me that shit about them lossing money or it wasnt authorized as I could care less. Id buy it anyway along with lots of others. Alot shit talked on here and I guarentee all those have boughten Unauthorized releases and new it. Keep up the good work Sam as I find you the BEST SELLER of RARE Bands on EBAY and very very good prices.

thanks Richie , Blue and hardrock80s , it's guys like you that are the reason I bought Retrospect. I have never claimed to be a saint and still have a lot to learn about the so-called 'business' side of the music industry , but everyone must learn one simple thing about me , the bands will ALWAYS get what they are due.

Did you know that labels like Black Lotus and Massacre only pay 1 Euro per cd sold to their artists?

How do you feel about that?

I just think it's highway robbery.

Maybe I'll start a new poll.

Did you know that labels like Black Lotus and Massacre only pay 1 Euro per cd sold to their artists?

I heard that Black Lotus closed up shop a few months ago... hey 80sMetalCollector, maybe Retrospect can go after Crimson Glory! They were supposed to re-issue their catalog via Black Lotus but since that company has now gone under, I'm assuming they're free agents. Just a thought? :)

With all the Retrospect releases out there, ever think of opening up an Ebay store of only Retrospect cd's on Ebay, sorta like Metal Mayhem. I bet you many more people go straight to Ebay when looking for cheaply priced cd's, before going to the band websites or to the label websites.

Great news on the upcoming Reckless - No Frills reissue! I'm looking forward to getting it.

I MORE THAN second that!! KILLER album that I have been looking forward to release on CD. Thanks for making it happen Sam.....Can I get an autographed copy? Big supporter of this band along with Weapons....Just wondering ~C

Great news on the upcoming Reckless - No Frills reissue! I'm looking forward to getting it.

I MORE THAN second that!! KILLER album that I have been looking forward to release on CD. Thanks for making it happen Sam.....Can I get an autographed copy? Big supporter of this band along with Weapons....Just wondering ~C

I was wondering when you would see that Chad. Great news eh? :bananamac:

I was wondering when you would see that Chad. Great news eh? :bananamac:

This is SUCH great news Rick!!! You know that I have always loved this band and have been waiting for a proper release. Awesome Awesome Awesome. Can't wait. I hope it has some of the unreleased cuts that Gary had talked about too.......

Not sure if anyone remembers, but I distinctively remember suggesting that someone reissue this album (Reckless - No Frills) on these very message boards about 2 years ago...stating that Atlantic would prob let the rights to this cassette and Vinyl only release go for pennies. Either way, the material on this album speaks for itself, cuz it KICKS MAJOR ASS!!!

:banger:

One person that I always have a lot of time for is Brian (The Ripper)!! He knows more about this kind of music that anyone I've ever come across. Rip, you need to be posting more often mate!!

Keep the great comments coming.

P.S. I really hope Sam does a good job of this Reckless album!! He has been known to fuck a few discs up in the past!! Good luck!

Kind regards

Dave

P.S. I really hope Sam does a good job of this Reckless album!! He has been known to fuck a few discs up in the past!! Good luck!

Kind regards

Dave

Everybody knows how you feel about Sam, and all you do is come across as a whining, pathetic child everytime you throw mud like this. You've mentioned in the past that Sam is your competition, so that's why you say the things you do. Wouldn't it be better to actually release a few discs to compete with Sam instead of the crap you constantly spew?

Then again, maybe it actually benefits Sam when you act this way. I mean, why in the hell would any band want to release their stuff with you if they know how childlike you actually are?

Anyway, I'm sure I speak for many people on this message board when I say, GROW UP AND SHUT THE FUCK UP!

• 2023 Gold Donors

Kind regards

Dave

Everybody knows how you feel about Sam, and all you do is come across as a whining, pathetic child everytime you throw mud like this. You've mentioned in the past that Sam is your competition, so that's why you say the things you do. Wouldn't it be better to actually release a few discs to compete with Sam instead of the crap you constantly spew?

Then again, maybe it actually benefits Sam when you act this way. I mean, why in the hell would any band want to release their stuff with you if they know how childlike you actually are?

Anyway, I'm sure I speak for many people on this message board when I say, GROW UP AND SHUT THE FUCK UP!

:agree: It seems like your taking more and more shots at Sam and RR lately. You should worry about your own label. Sure I wish more of RR's release were silver pressed, but your even slamming him about those. Hell, I think RR actually has more silver pressed releases than your label. Enough of the childish behavior.

Kind regards

Dave

I second that...David, I have no idea what your problem is but you have made one thing clear to me...I will NEVER purchase any cd's from you. Quit whining & go sign somebody before Sam signs everyone and you are left with your dick in your hand..

JL

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.