Get me out

Wotty

Do you know how close I am to saying "Get me in" I'm not cut out to be a Farmer Palmer.. :crying:

I don't think you'd want to do it again, Ian...

Wouldn't be too sure Chris... <_<

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you,being at home,after spending 9 months banged up,so to speak,is one fookin' culture shock.Spending all my time with the wife now is like living with a different person.When in fact,it's me who's changed.I think for the better health-wise,but she still sees me as ill.I regimented myself when away,seeing others with M.S. but worse,made me determined not to end up severely disabled as they were.They were genuine nice people who don't deserve the shit they go through.Plus the fact that carer-wise,when the same people see you every day,friendships start to blossom,if you know what I mean ? Nuff said there.I'd just like to thank you guys for showing concern for me,it meant alot I can tell you.Sometimes,now I'm back to "normality",it just don't feel normal.Sorry guys,a bit of seriousness amongst the madness.. Ian.

I'll tell you,being at home,after spending 9 months banged up,so to speak,is one fookin' culture shock.Spending all my time with the wife now is like living with a different person.When in fact,it's me who's changed.I think for the better health-wise,but she still sees me as ill.I regimented myself when away,seeing others with M.S. but worse,made me determined not to end up severely disabled as they were.They were genuine nice people who don't deserve the shit they go through.Plus the fact that carer-wise,when the same people see you every day,friendships start to blossom,if you know what I mean ? Nuff said there.I'd just like to thank you guys for showing concern for me,it meant alot I can tell you.Sometimes,now I'm back to "normality",it just don't feel normal.Sorry guys,a bit of seriousness amongst the madness.. Ian.

I guess I can understand where you are coming from Ian. It is indeed a life changing event going away like that. You learn new ways of living and when back to "normal" life, it's not so normal anymore...Am I close?

I guess I can understand where you are coming from Ian. It is indeed a life changing event going away like that. You learn new ways of living and when back to "normal" life, it's not so normal anymore...Am I close?

Bang on Chris..

Hey Ian, whatever happened to that Jabba character?

Yea, I was gonna ask the same thing! Even if being at home feels a little weird, it's gotta beat having to deal with that fat bastard on a daily basis, eh?

Hey Ian, whatever happened to that Jabba character?

He died mate,stroke on stroke,heart attack!!!!

Holy crap, really?

Should we feel bad for making fun of him now? :unsure:

Well to be honest,doctors and nutritionists were sent to him about curbing his eating and drinking habits,warning him a heart attack was looming,but the compulsion didn't stop.A sad demise and a waste of a life..

Well to be honest,doctors and nutritionists were sent to him about curbing his eating and drinking habits,warning him a heart attack was looming,but the compulsion didn't stop.A sad demise and a waste of a life..

That's a shame. It's to bad that a lifestyle could be so addictive that you'd rather die than stop doing the things that are harming you. It reminds me of older guy I knew that WOULDN'T stop smoking, and when told that he had cancer in his legs and he needed to stop smoking or he could lose his legs, instead he said "take my legs".

• 2 years later...
Released on parole Monday after 6 months here and 3 months in 2 fucking hell-holes in Luton.The strange thing is i quite like it here now.No bollockings,fed well,decent physio,5 1/2 stone (77 pounds) in weight loss,hairs back to how it should be,allowed to do what and when you want,thunderously top-totty (one especially <_< ) and now going back to see my boy and the winge er i mean wife :angry: Forgive and forget,what do you think ?????

Just re-read this,and with the exception of being with my boy,I've truly realised how much I miss that place,even now !!!!! The bollockings, and now constant verbal abuse I now endure on a daily basis,being fed well,if you consider living on ham sandwiches as "well",never being taken out anywhere,never seeing anyone,never talking to anyone,except Tom. And luckily speaking to Jez on the phone,albeit infrequently cos the enemy is always standing over me,never seeing my mum (July 31 2007) being the last time,going to bed at 5 in the afternoon is a little piece of sanctuary for me.And obviously this site helps me keep my sanity,hence the amount of posts I've got.

People probably think "why the fuck is he still there ?".Simple two answers,I can't,under any circumstances,leave Tom alone with her.......And I'm not prepared to live in a "home" in fuckin' Norfolk,when I'm a Southern bloke.

What will be I suppose.................

Released on parole Monday after 6 months here and 3 months in 2 fucking hell-holes in Luton.The strange thing is i quite like it here now.No bollockings,fed well,decent physio,5 1/2 stone (77 pounds) in weight loss,hairs back to how it should be,allowed to do what and when you want,thunderously top-totty (one especially <_< ) and now going back to see my boy and the winge er i mean wife :angry: Forgive and forget,what do you think ?????

Just re-read this,and with the exception of being with my boy,I've truly realised how much I miss that place,even now !!!!! The bollockings, and now constant verbal abuse I now endure on a daily basis,being fed well,if you consider living on ham sandwiches as "well",never being taken out anywhere,never seeing anyone,never talking to anyone,except Tom. And luckily speaking to Jez on the phone,albeit infrequently cos the enemy is always standing over me,never seeing my mum (July 31 2007) being the last time,going to bed at 5 in the afternoon is a little piece of sanctuary for me.And obviously this site helps me keep my sanity,hence the amount of posts I've got.

People probably think "why the fuck is he still there ?".Simple two answers,I can't,under any circumstances,leave Tom alone with her.......And I'm not prepared to live in a "home" in fuckin' Norfolk,when I'm a Southern bloke.

For what it`s worth Ian, you have my support mate :)

I think I'd better get up there and get him down the pub. ;)

I think I'd better get up there and get him down the pub. ;)

the yankee rose concurs.