Books

JustJason

Making Friday the 13th: The Legend of Camp Blood by David Grove - a very thorough, trivia packed book on the making of each installment in the legendary slasher film series. I'm already enjoying this a ton and I'm only finished with the chapters on the first two movies.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 3 on the go at the moment:

Robert Jordan - The Dragon Reborn (In a fit of madness I decided to reread the entire Wheel of Time series)

Norah Vincent - Self Made Man (True story - Woman decides to spend a year disguised as a man. Not bad.)

Ian Buxton - Big Gun Monitors (About monitors. With big guns.)

Marvel Comics: The Untold Story by Sean Howe - the story of Stan Lee's comic book empire from humble beginnings to media powerhouse. Tons of geek trivia, right up my alley.

My wife got me these 2 for Christmas:

Bobby Blotzer-Tales Of A Ratt

Duff McKagen - It's So Easy & other Lies

:wub: Can't wait to read them!

My wife got me these 2 for Christmas:

Bobby Blotzer-Tales Of A Ratt

Duff McKagen - It's So Easy & other Lies

:wub: Can't wait to read them!

I haven't read the Blotz book but from what I've read he caused some controversary in that band with some of his statements.

The Duff book is awesome.

I got the Peter Criss book and Dee Snider book for Christmas from my wife.

• 3 weeks later...

Fargo Rock City: A Heavy Metal Odyssey in Rural North Dakota by Chuck Klosterman

Since he published this debut book, author Chuck Klosterman has gone on to become an in-demand pop culture writer, music critic, and occasional VH1 commentator ("I Love the '80s"). In Fargo, he recalls his formative years growing up in a hick town as a teen obsessed with Poison, Warrant, GNR and the like.

Some funny stuff thus far, even though it appears that Klosterman grew up to be one of those elitist hipster douches who now looks back on his "metal era" as "silly." So in other words, if you're one of those "tr00 grimm arkayne steele warrior for life" types, this book is just gonna piss you off. If, however, you look back on the '80s with a healthy dose of irony you're gonna laugh a lot.

My fave bit thus far: "In 1990, I reviewed Warrant's Cherry Pie for my college newspaper and called it 'stellar.' I was not allowed to review another album for two years." :rofl2:

Currently reading Dee Snider "Shut up and give me the mic".

Great book with deep discussion on the legendary club daze of TS. It stops around 95 with book 2 coming soon.

I am dyin' to read that one but haven't gotten hold of it yet. My brother won't let me borrow his copy cuz he had it autographed by Dee so he won't let it out of his sight. He's probably afraid one of my kids will do something horrible to it. :(

Great book with deep discussion on the legendary club daze of TS. It stops around 95 with book 2 coming soon.

I am dyin' to read that one but haven't gotten hold of it yet. My brother won't let me borrow his copy cuz he had it autographed by Dee so he won't let it out of his sight. He's probably afraid one of my kids will do something horrible to it. :(

You will love it!

My wife found it at Walmart of all places for like $15.

I get the feeling he wrote this himself with very little if any input from ghost writer's.

• 2 weeks later...

You will love it!

I get the feeling he wrote this himself with very little if any input from ghost writer's.

I got Dee's book from the library earlier this week... I'm about three quarters of the way thru it already. Grrrreat stuff!! Man, he really hates Krokus (whom he repeatedly refers to as "Krapus") :rofl2:

You will love it!

I got Dee's book from the library earlier this week... I'm about three quarters of the way thru it already. Grrrreat stuff!! Man, he really hates Krokus (whom he repeatedly refers to as "Krapus") :rofl2:

Not as much as he hates Manowar....

"Flesh & Bone" by Jonathan Maberry

Third book in Maberry's surprisingly-violent Young Adult zombie apocalypse series. Don't be fooled by the Young Adult tag...this sucker has plenty of action & bloodshed to go along with the teen angst. Yes, there is some romance, but it's not overdone or overwrought like, say, "Twilight." Maberry chooses to divide his focus between zombie action and relationship pathos in equal measures. My favorite (OK, only) Young Adult series and one of my favorite entries in the zombie genre.