Books

JustJason

I recently went through a re-reading phase. I re-read Shawn Michaels' book. Then to compare his version of the Montreal Screwjob, I read Bret Hart's book. Then to compare his version of Owen's fall and the impending suit, I re-read Martha Hart's book about Owen.

But, at the end of the last book, I ordered a book from Amazon, solely based on the reviews. Tasteful Nudes by Dave Hill. I've only gotten a few stories in to it, but it's pretty damned funny. I'm definitely going to enjoy the rest and then look out for any other releases.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Want My MTV: The Uncensored Story of the Music Video Revolution by Craig Marks and Rob Tannenbaum

...fascinating book that covers the first 10 years of MTV's existence (y'know, when the channel was actually good) and explores its impact not only on television and the music industry, but pop culture in general. There are tons of great behind-the-scenes stories in here.

Just discovered Jack Campbell's "Lost Fleet" series.

A guy who's been stuck in suspended animation for a century is defrosted to find;

1. He's now a legendary hero

2. The fleet that rescued him has just been on the wrong end of a buttwhipping and are now trapped behind enemy lines

3. While he's been asleep tactics have apparently degenerated into "Point fleet at enemy and shout charge" so while he's trying to figure a way out of the mess, he needs to give his ships a crash course in basic strategy.

Pretty good stuff so far.

Black Sabbath: Doom Let Loose by Martin Popoff

A guy who's been stuck in suspended animation for a century is defrosted to find;

2. The fleet that rescued him has just been on the wrong end of a buttwhipping and are now trapped behind enemy lines

3. While he's been asleep tactics have apparently degenerated into "Point fleet at enemy and shout charge" so while he's trying to figure a way out of the mess, he needs to give his ships a crash course in basic strategy.

Yep, that's a good series...

tastefulnudes.jpg

Absolutely the best book I've read in ages. Rarely do I read anything other than biographies, but I am so glad I chose this one. Totally hilarious stories and a few very touching moments. Because of things in my life, one section had me in tears. (Not the laughing kind either.) An immensely talented guy, Dave Hill succeeded in writing quite possibly the best humor book around. (Certainly the best I've read.)

Don't hesitate to pick this one up!

Reading:

motley_crue_the_dirt-1.jpg

Really unusual, if not unique, to read a book that engenders no sympathy whatsoever for the main characters, yet is still utterly readable. Some of the stuff they got up to is unbelievable – I'm at times appalled, at times jealous. ;)

Yep, that's a good series...

sounds interesting, might check that one out.

Just started "It's So Easy and Other Lies" by Duff McKagan

Reading the third book in that zombie apocolypse series by Mira Grant. GREAT SERIES!

Ya mean the "Newsflesh" trilogy? I Just finished that series a couple of weeks ago. Great stuff!!!

• 3 weeks later...