Phantom 5 (Lessman/Voss/Boebe/Kruse/Buchholz) - s/t

Stefan

11148548_871095772946475_445439462742912

EDIT: Name change November 11th.

Press release from Frontiers Music:

The guys are currently working on some extremely promising demo material and have inked a recording contract with Frontiers Music Srl for a release of their debut album in late 2015 / early 2016.

Michael Voss says: "It's a honor to work with all these gifted musicians on a full length album! After 25 years, to join forces with the fantastic Claus Lessmann takes me back into the 80’s heyday times playing in Bonfire. We'll keep that spirit alive and moreover revive it. Thanks to Serafino and Frontiers for believing!"

Claus Lessmann adds: "I am really looking forward to writing, recording and rocking with all the guys of Supremacy. We all have so much to give and it really means a lot to me to work together with those talented musicians. It will also bring back the good old days of Rock’n’Roll when my good old friend Michael Voss was on my side all across Europe back at the "Point Blank" days. A big Grazie to Serafino, Mario and all at Frontiers for their belief and for givin’ us one more reason to rock! Every little note of our songs will be a piece of our heart."

The band:

Claus Lessmann (Bonfire)

Michael Voss (Casanova, Mad Max)

Robby Boebel (Frontline)

Axel Kruse (Jaded Heart)

Francis Buchholz (Scorpions, Michael Schenker Group, Dreamtide)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit, now that's my type of supergroup! Bonfire, Casanova, Frontline and Jaded Heart are four of my favourite bands! Would love to hear what Boebe/Voss come up with if they put together some of these songs. This could be really, really, really good - I just hope it is.

I will be checking this out for sure!!!

Yawn. Another "supergroup" that will release one album and then disappear off the face of the earth. (shrugs)

Yawn. Another "supergroup" that will release one album and then disappear off the face of the earth. (shrugs)

My thoughts exactly...

It will indeed be short-lived, but if we'd get a good album out of it I'd be happy.

How many bands released one killer album and then faded away? Most of them...

I don't care, give me the goods even if it is once. In today's music world, I will take anything that is quality.

How many bands released one killer album and then faded away? Most of them...

I don't care, give me the goods even if it is once. In today's music world, I will take anything that is quality.

Agree 100%

• 2 weeks later...

So what's going on here, then? Is Lessman already out of the band? Or is that Nigel Bailey in a promo shot for this single song alone because he's doing the vocals on a single song on the album? What's the story?

Looks to be 2 totally different bands using the same name.

Yeah that had me scratching my head last night as well. Cmon Stef- What's the deal??

Bloody rookie. Can't you get anything right, mate? ;)

Hey, one mistake in a zillion posts. This ain't half-bad... :)

Yeah that had me scratching my head last night as well. Cmon Stef- What's the deal??

Bloody rookie. Can't you get anything right, mate? ;)

Hey, one mistake in a zillion posts. This ain't half-bad... :)

\m/

There a third band using the name Supremacy, a chick band from Australia. Who are going making a comeback.

• 5 months later...

From Frontiers Records:

Frontiers Music Srl announces that the German band formerly known as Supremacy has decided to change its name to PHANTOM 5 in order to avoid any confusion with other bands using the former moniker.

Producer and guitarist Michael Voss says: ”There is so much traffic around when it comes to the names for another band. We first had the ´Supremacy´ name and really rigged it, but fans worldwide contacted us that there were other bands who already used the brand. So we developed a new one and finally got lucky to find: Phantom 5!”

PHANTOM 5 is the new band formed by some german Hard Rock luminaries, including former Bonfire (band) singer Claus Lessmann, former Frontline (band) guitarist Robby Boebel, former Scorpions bassist Francis Buchholz and former JADED HEART drummer Axel Kruse - along with Michael Voss (Casanova).

Voss is currently putting the finishing touches to the mixes and says: “For me it sounds like we did a follow up to the famous Bonfire ´Fireworks’ album with a touch of Frontline meets Jaded Heart groove… it is a driving monster with huge walls of guitars, powerful soaking drums and fine catchy melodies…we took a trip back into the world of the eighties!!!”

The label plans to release the record in the first half of 2016.

• My Little Pony

"[W]e took a trip back into the world of the eighties!!!"

Those are pretty much the exact words you wanna hear from guys like this. I hope this is good.

Those are pretty much the exact words you wanna hear from guys like this. I hope this is good.

Agreed,definitely has the right guys involved and if they did manage a fireworks that blends Frontline & Jaded Heart type cd then I'm all in for this one :)

Agree.

From Frontiers Records:

Frontiers Music Srl announces that the German band formerly known as Supremacy has decided to change its name to PHANTOM 5 in order to avoid any confusion with other bands using the former moniker.

Producer and guitarist Michael Voss says: ”There is so much traffic around when it comes to the names for another band. We first had the ´Supremacy´ name and really rigged it, but fans worldwide contacted us that there were other bands who already used the brand. So we developed a new one and finally got lucky to find: Phantom 5!”

PHANTOM 5 is the new band formed by some german Hard Rock luminaries, including former Bonfire (band) singer Claus Lessmann, former Frontline (band) guitarist Robby Boebel, former Scorpions bassist Francis Buchholz and former JADED HEART drummer Axel Kruse - along with Michael Voss (Casanova).

Voss is currently putting the finishing touches to the mixes and says: “For me it sounds like we did a follow up to the famous Bonfire ´Fireworks’ album with a touch of Frontline meets Jaded Heart groove… it is a driving monster with huge walls of guitars, powerful soaking drums and fine catchy melodies…we took a trip back into the world of the eighties!!!”

The label plans to release the record in the first half of 2016.

Can't wait!