McBusted - 'Gone'

Geoff

I know that instantly people will hate the idea of this and want to stone me and rape me, I mean beat me and call me gay and queer and homothesexual. But in 2014, McFly and 2 of the 3 members of Busted combined together as a band called McBusted to release an album that would be absolutely HATED by most people here. It's a tacky, silly album, but I kinda don't mind it at times.

Anyway, regardless of what you think of the band or the album, there is one song from it that made it onto my 'Very Best of 2014' CDR and after I spin the disc it's one of the songs that stands out afterwards; one I can't (and don't want to) get out of my head. It's a little ditty called 'Gone,' and a love it:

I know that instantly people will hate the idea of this and want to stone me and rape me, I mean beat me and call me gay and queer and homothesexual. But in 2014, McFly and 2 of the 3 members of Busted combined together as a band called McBusted to release an album that would be absolutely HATED by most people here. It's a tacky, silly album, but I kinda don't mind it at times.

Anyway, regardless of what you think of the band or the album, there is one song from it that made it onto my 'Very Best of 2014' CDR and after I spin the disc it's one of the songs that stands out afterwards; one I can't (and don't want to) get out of my head. It's a little ditty called 'Gone,' and a love it:

I'm with you on this one, Geoff - McBusted are a guilty pleasure for me (as are McFly, if I'm honest.) My better half and her daughters are BIG fans, so I've kind of absorbed this album by osmosis over the past few weeks ...

They write annoyingly catchy, entertaining songs. Good on 'em!

I'm with you on this one, Geoff - McBusted are a guilty pleasure for me (as are McFly, if I'm honest.) My better half and her daughters are BIG fans, so I've kind of absorbed this album by osmosis over the past few weeks ...

They write annoyingly catchy, entertaining songs. Good on 'em!

:lol: Yeah, I'm not about to bring it up in dinner time conversation that I like the album, but it a pretty cool bunch of catchy tunes. I never got into McFly for some reason, but I still own those two Busted albums. Massive guilty pleasure that I am embarrassed about, but I just don't mind them! :lol:

Fightstar's 'Grand Unification' disc by the member of Busted who didn't return for this project, is still a killer disc too.

I like it, but I enjoyed McFly as well. Gonna have to investigate this Busted.

To be honest, I don't rate Busted that highly - a couple of good songs, but I'd say that McFly have the edge.

Doods, if you had to recommend one McFly disc, which one is their best? I have tried them before, but it didn't really stick. They seemed very patchy. Which album will convert me? ;)

BTW, I totally acknowledge Busted were a bad band, but I still just liked them for some reason. For whatever reason, trash like 'That's what I go to school for' will always be etched somewhere in my head. Just harmless, throw away pop rock. :)

I like Motion In The Ocean.

I have Above The Noise, Radio Active and Room on The 3rd floor, but for some reason this one stands out in my noodle most...

I'd go with 'Motion In The Ocean' and/or 'Radio: Active' (which has got 'Lies' on it ... turns out, this is one of my favourite McFly toons.)

I like Motion In The Ocean.

I have Above The Noise, Radio Active and Room on The 3rd floor, but for some reason this one stands out in my noodle most...

Sorry mate, took me ages to get back to this one. Yeah, see I don't mind that but it doesn't really appeal to me as something I need to check out. I just get the feeling McFly might not be for me.

Just quietly, plenty of other threads to look at, dudes. ;)

I guess you are continually drawn back to this one because of a secret addiction and lust for the tunes in it?

• 7 years later...

For those who missed it the first time around, just listening to my 2014 playlist and this song is still an absolute world beater. Perfection-

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, Geoff said:

For those who missed it the first time around, just listening to my 2014 playlist and this song is still an absolute world beater. Perfection-

Yarp! Still play this album regularly. 

Just now, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yarp! Still play this album regularly. 

Yeah, there's several very good tunes on it, to be fair. 'Gone' would be one of, it not my favourite tune from 2014, though. 

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, there's several very good tunes on it, to be fair. 'Gone' would be one of, it not my favourite tune from 2014, though. 

Even the songs I originally didn't care for, I like now.