Tempt

darin

• 5 months later...

been waiting for a thread bout these guys to show up...... haven't had a chance to listen to the ep (guess it was made available to rocklahoma attendants only) but that ''under my skin'' track is very bland, boring, solo ain't exciting at all plus very rubbish lyrics especially considering they're native english speakers........ people like this type o stuff???

been waiting for a thread bout these guys to show up...... haven't had a chance to listen to the ep (guess it was made available to rocklahoma attendants only) but that ''under my skin'' track is very bland, boring, solo ain't exciting at all plus very rubbish lyrics especially considering they're native english speakers........ people like this type o stuff???

I do.

Guess I have no clue?

Oh well. :)

I do.

Guess I have no clue?

course not man.... ey, more power to you! this sounds a little too depressed for me (probably due to the vocals in the verses) sure there's been sad / melancholic moments in 80s music / hard rock but this just doesn't sound good to me. just sayin, there's lots of other really promising new and young bands out there at the moment

plus, coming from wagener of course one would expect a lot more. maybe it's because they worked long-distance and not in the same studio who knows

I do.

Guess I have no clue?

course not man.... ey, more power to you! this sounds a little too depressed for me (probably due to the vocals in the verses) sure there's been sad / melancholic moments in 80s music / hard rock but this just doesn't sound good to me. just sayin, there's lots of other really promising new and young bands out there at the moment

plus, coming from wagener of course one would expect a lot more. maybe it's because they worked long-distance and not in the same studio who knows

You should run it again. Then spin the EP.

Sure, nothing ground breaking, but for 2014 the sound is very 1986, which I assume has everything to do with the production (those chorus' and the tin-y reverb, very vintage). Sure there are many new bands, thank goodness, that are sounding great and resurrecting that 80's sound, but got to keep supporting and encouraging them all or before you know it they'll all give up and play something else.

Solo's are better on other tracks, even though the Under My Skin solo isn't bad imho, fits the song.

The Fight is the best track on this 4 song. Followed by Use It Or Lose It. Then Under My Skin and lastly the arena rock balladry of Time Won't Heal (solid song, but I'd rather another summer time windows down rock n roller).

And if it was the battle of the NYC bands EP's Station would win hands down. Again not that Tempt is bad, not by any stretch, but Station is the bomb.

• 1 month later...

I got this the other week and added it to the site a few days ago ready for your comments. I like it quite a bit, only 4 songs I know but all pretty solid. .Hopefully they will get to do a full album proper, as they show promise

Is the physical CD not for purchase anywhere? Where did you guys get your copies?? Jez...Martin??

Is the physical CD not for purchase anywhere? Where did you guys get your copies?? Jez...Martin??

Jim....go to their facebook page and click on the Store tab

https://www.facebook.com/Temptband/app_251458316228

Jim....go to their facebook page and click on the Store tab

https://www.facebook.com/Temptband/app_251458316228

Yep, real deal cd. I just emailed the band, but I am sure the store tab works fine too.

And Geoff, nope not on the EP, but their FB page shows this full length in the works!

10645021_696838537052949_206610140217903

And it looks like the song is about this place:

10636241_704985692904900_338585735394307