Michael Paynter - Weary Stars

Mr.AOR

• 2023 Gold Donors

859711739330_cover.170x170-75.jpg

Michael Paynter - Weary Stars

Been listening to this album for a few days now and I have to say this is superb.

For want of a better description i'll call it modern pop/rock,all I know is I love it.

If you liked Closer and Love The Fall you'll love this album,special mention for the ballad Novocaine,love it.

Also 2 live tracks at the end one of which is great 7.23 long version of MJ's The Way You Make Me Feel.

Highly recommended.

Wow mate, you just made my night! Been tracking this guy as best I can ever since I heard 'Love the fall' way back whenever that was released. I've collected quite a few of his tunes through the years, many (or all) of which I believe are on this album? But either way, absolutely beside myself with joy to see them all available in this delicious package. I thought for sure that after his failed efforts on 'The Voice' that'd be it for him for good. Good to see him persevere. Great talent.

For the record, 'Love the fall' has been one of the most played songs in my collection since it's release and I have never even remotely tired of it. Still as great today as the first time I heard it. I can honestly say it's one of my favourite songs of all time. Big call, but true. For the uninitiated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOfBwSYvIic

Wow mate, you just made my night! Been tracking this guy as best I can ever since I heard 'Love the fall' way back whenever that was released. I've collected quite a few of his tunes through the years, many (or all) of which I believe are on this album? But either way, absolutely beside myself with joy to see them all available in this delicious package. I thought for sure that after his failed efforts on 'The Voice' that'd be it for him for good. Good to see him persevere. Great talent.

For the record, 'Love the fall' has been one of the most played songs in my collection since it's release and I have never even remotely tired of it. Still as great today as the first time I heard it. I can honestly say it's one of my favourite songs of all time. Big call, but true. For the uninitiated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOfBwSYvIic

best track.

But overall its a very strong album......slightly irritating in a couple of places.....ie a little shrill and you find yrself reaching for the skip button before the track ends, but there's some good stuff on here no doubt.

It is quite light just to warn some folk.....not a huge amount going on guitar wise.

Glad you checked it out, mate. Great to see a thread here too. The guy is so hungry it's kinda sad to see it not work out for him, but hopefully he can warm a few ears with this stuff and reach some kind of audience, which he definitely deserves.