FnA Records ............ avoid, by all means !

As the last method to sort out the mess I posted this on their FB page yesterday:

==========================================

Dear FnA Records team,

I am extremely annoyed about your order fulfillment and customer service !!
I have placed an order for 7 CD's and paid $132,79 for them per PayPal on Sept 20 (Order # 100000951: 5 x Theatre, 2 x Bros. Grimm). So far I have not received them, which I reported on Oct 22 for the first time, but unfortunately I do not have the impression that anyone on your side does anything or actually cares about it. After a number of emails I was informed that the parcel apparently got lost at customs, although on your ordering site (Rock n Roll Relics) the status is "still processing".
Your order admin was as helpful as she is able to be, but obviously reached her limit. She responds very hesitantly and gives short replies, but does not answer my questions. Not once did I receive an information on her own initiative. She did give me a parcel tracking number, which proved to be useless as it was not a DHL #. This I reported to her, but to my question which carrier was used I got no answer.

On Nov 20 I was asked by U-PIC to fill in an insurance report, which I did on the same day, but have since not received any feedback to the status of this report by anyone. Instead - after asking if the second parcel had been sent in the meantime - I was told by the order admin to keep off sending emails to her as she was enjoying her Thanksgiving vacation.

Please note that I did not file a claim with PayPal and I did not cancel the debit authorisation because I trusted you and believed your promises.
Now - after nearly 4 months - I expect you to either pay me my money back or you give me the exact date of delivery instantly. Thank you !

=====================================

This reply I received this morning:

Bernd,

I am writing to inform you that we just received the check from the insurance company for your order that GERMAN CUSTOMS lost. I am asking if you would like a refund or your CDs sent back out. I did my best in assisting you, but for some reason you still found it necessary to blame FnA Records for the customs department in your own country. If you would like to complain about how your order was shipped in a timely manner, how you received customer service from a rep that did the best she could considering the package was no longer even in the United States anymore then please be an adult and send your complaints to me.

Thank you,

Kristin

FnA Records

Customer Service Representative

=========================================

Nice .......... ! I did send her my complaints, at least 10 times within the last 4 months, but I got nowhere. Until the FB message, which obviously has been deleted in the meantime.

Anyway, I am getting the refund. Had enough. Useless bunch !

As the last method to sort out the mess I posted this on their FB page yesterday:

==========================================

Dear FnA Records team,

I am extremely annoyed about your order fulfillment and customer service !!

I have placed an order for 7 CD's and paid $132,79 for them per PayPal on Sept 20 (Order # 100000951: 5 x Theatre, 2 x Bros. Grimm). So far I have not received them, which I reported on Oct 22 for the first time, but unfortunately I do not have the impression that anyone on your side does anything or actually cares about it. After a number of emails I was informed that the parcel apparently got lost at customs, although on your ordering site (Rock n Roll Relics) the status is "still processing".

Your order admin was as helpful as she is able to be, but obviously reached her limit. She responds very hesitantly and gives short replies, but does not answer my questions. Not once did I receive an information on her own initiative. She did give me a parcel tracking number, which proved to be useless as it was not a DHL #. This I reported to her, but to my question which carrier was used I got no answer.

On Nov 20 I was asked by U-PIC to fill in an insurance report, which I did on the same day, but have since not received any feedback to the status of this report by anyone. Instead - after asking if the second parcel had been sent in the meantime - I was told by the order admin to keep off sending emails to her as she was enjoying her Thanksgiving vacation.

Please note that I did not file a claim with PayPal and I did not cancel the debit authorisation because I trusted you and believed your promises.

Now - after nearly 4 months - I expect you to either pay me my money back or you give me the exact date of delivery instantly. Thank you !

=====================================

This reply I received this morning:

Bernd,

I am writing to inform you that we just received the check from the insurance company for your order that GERMAN CUSTOMS lost. I am asking if you would like a refund or your CDs sent back out. I did my best in assisting you, but for some reason you still found it necessary to blame FnA Records for the customs department in your own country. If you would like to complain about how your order was shipped in a timely manner, how you received customer service from a rep that did the best she could considering the package was no longer even in the United States anymore then please be an adult and send your complaints to me.

Thank you,

Kristin

FnA Records

=========================================

Nice .......... ! I did send her my complaints, at least 10 times within the last 4 months, but I got nowhere. Until the FB message, which obviously has been deleted in the meantime.

Anyway, I am getting the refund. Had enough. Useless bunch !

You should talke to the owner...he's a real peach....

They JUST received the insurance check the day after you make the post on Facebook... after 4 monthis.

*coughBULLSHITcough*

"Please be an adult..."

Seriously? That would rate a ginormous FUCK YOU from me. I'd be stalking their sorry-assed FB page for a smart-ass reply like that.

How this entity remains in business is beyond me. Clearly a business without a clue when it comes to customer service.

They JUST received the insurance check the day after you make the post on Facebook... after 4 monthis.

*coughBULLSHITcough*

"Please be an adult..."

Seriously? That would rate a ginormous FUCK YOU from me. I'd be stalking their sorry-assed FB page for a smart-ass reply like that.

How this entity remains in business is beyond me. Clearly a business without a clue when it comes to customer service.

I have no fucking idea why any band would want to be there. They are ALL assholes and the leader of the fuckheads is the worst. The BBB did nothing...maybe if more people would file a claim something would be done.

Hmm... I've ordered from them several times over the last coupla years (Tora Tora, Cleavage, the new Theatre - Sexy Lady+ reissue) and had nary a problem. Guess I got lucky....

*coughBULLSHITcough*

"Please be an adult..."

I have no fucking idea why any band would want to be there. They are ALL assholes and the leader of the fuckheads is the worst. The BBB did nothing...maybe if more people would file a claim something would be done.

Because not every band is always up to the minute informed. Let me ask have you ever been in a band with material worth release or are you strictly a fan/collector? Not asking to be a dick or anything just curious and would help me understand why or why you wouldnt see things from a different perspective. Most bands/members dont follow the scene like you do. Hell most walked away from the scene or changed musical styles over the years. I'm one of the rare ones that should have seen or read something and I saw nothing at the time of my signing.

I have heard horror stories from just about every label except Eonian Records but there didnt seem to be any interest and thats ok I am friends with Stephen and love his releases.

Obviously I have had zero issues with FNA and I have even done private trades with the owner and always had a smooth transaction and communication with all my questions. Again that does not mean I side with them and everyone else is lying.

Most bands simply dont know the underlying stuff that goes on with these labels. I certainly hadnt heard anything at the time. Many of us were in bands that nobody knew about and I personal had material I thought was deserving of a release however I have pissed away enough money in this business and wasnt about to invest more of my own money in it. People that follow this site or melodicrock or sleaze roxx are actually the minority and mostly an underground fanbase.

I have read on this very forum horror stories about Suncity, Z Records, Retrospect, and others...again not my opinions just what Ive read. Obviously FNA is now added to that list here.

*coughBULLSHITcough*

"Please be an adult..."

Because not every band is always up to the minute informed. Let me ask have you ever been in a band with material worth release or are you strictly a fan/collector? Not asking to be a dick or anything just curious and would help me understand why or why you wouldnt see things from a different perspective. Most bands/members dont follow the scene like you do. Hell most walked away from the scene or changed musical styles over the years. I'm one of the rare ones that should have seen or read something and I saw nothing at the time of my signing.

I have heard horror stories from just about every label except Eonian Records but there didnt seem to be any interest and thats ok I am friends with Stephen and love his releases.

Obviously I have had zero issues with FNA and I have even done private trades with the owner and always had a smooth transaction and communication with all my questions. Again that does not mean I side with them and everyone else is lying.

Most bands simply dont know the underlying stuff that goes on with these labels. I certainly hadnt heard anything at the time. Many of us were in bands that nobody knew about and I personal had material I thought was deserving of a release however I have pissed away enough money in this business and wasnt about to invest more of my own money in it. People that follow this site or melodicrock or sleaze roxx are actually the minority and mostly an underground fanbase.

I have read on this very forum horror stories about Suncity, Z Records, Retrospect, and others...again not my opinions just what Ive read. Obviously FNA is now added to that list here.

The only band I'm in is every morning in the shower. I'm the lead singer :)

Look this doesn't have anything to do with anything band wise. The complaints are coming from customers and bands. The labels you mention, from a consumer standpoint have been fine. Suncity was fine until he vanished possibly due to shadyness but I never heard of people not getting what they paid for, could be wrong. I have never heard anything bad about Z Records. Retrospect started out awful from an integrity stand point but I have seen a huge change with Sam. It doesn't mean that there aren't people who don't like him but he has always made good with me.

I don't have a problem with you at all and am glad you haven't had issues...but clearly there is no other label under more scrutiny right now.

If you talk to the guy (the one who wanted my address so he could whip my ass) tell him to suck my dick when you see him. My offer always stands if he still wants my address ;)

I ordered Fatal Attraction from a third party seller on Amazon a couple days ago. After reading so much negativity regarding the company itself I doubt I would ever order directly from them. This is the first release I have ever bought from FNA. I've also heard some complaints regarding the quality of their releases. On Amazon someone complained about some of the releases being cd-r. That would be enough to keep me from ordering most releases.

I broke down and ordered the Gibralter due to Roy Cathey being on it and I was hoping some other company would carry it but it seems no one stocks this label except for the label website. I didn't have any big issue in the past but i did get a damaged Cleavage cd and it took a week to get a response but they did replace it. After what they pulled on Skull Fest and tried to pull on MRF and Roxy Blue I would never ever ever ever do business with this place.

I understand most bands don't know what go on behind the scenes and maybe don't read the feedback on forums like this but if they did they would reissue it somewhere else I guaran-damn-tee it.

I ordered Fatal Attraction from a third party seller on Amazon a couple days ago. After reading so much negativity regarding the company itself I doubt I would ever order directly from them. This is the first release I have ever bought from FNA. I've also heard some complaints regarding the quality of their releases. On Amazon someone complained about some of the releases being cd-r. That would be enough to keep me from ordering most releases.

Aren't most of their releases cdrs these days?

I'm not sure mate. I was hoping someone out there did. I couldn't find anything on their site that said. More labels should be like Demon Doll. They tell you what you are getting up front.

If memory serves they did not tell up front in the beginning, but enough people squawked and they now provide the info up front. Glad they listened and made accommodations to the people supporting them.

CDbaby carries releases from FNA. They will list them as CDRs on their website. Most of the new releases are CDRs, but still the same price as silver-pressed releases.

I'm not sure mate. I was hoping someone out there did. I couldn't find anything on their site that said. More labels should be like Demon Doll. They tell you what you are getting up front.

If memory serves they did not tell up front in the beginning, but enough people squawked and they now provide the info up front. Glad they listened and made accommodations to the people supporting them.

I had a big blow out with them a couple years ago. I got a CDR from them one day and sent them a nice yet pointed email that it would be nice if they listed on the website if it was a CDR or not. Whoever replied was a prick and just went off on me, which pissed me off and we went back and forth and they essentially banned me from buying from them. All because I made a suggestion.

Since then I did send an email commending them on what a nice change they made on their site, listing the type, the website is faster (used to be so slow), etc. Didn't hear back so maybe I am still banned. Lol

I cannot find the thread, but I shared this experience with the HH folks.

I would definitely recommend DD today even if I am still banned...their website is up front with everything now. Just don't make any suggestions to them if you want to remain a customer. :tsk:

I had a big blow out with them a couple years ago. I got a CDR from them one day and sent them a nice yet pointed email that it would be nice if they listed on the website if it was a CDR or not. Whoever replied was a prick and just went off on me, which pissed me off and we went back and forth and they essentially banned me from buying from them. All because I made a suggestion.

Since then I did send an email commending them on what a nice change they made on their site, listing the type, the website is faster (used to be so slow), etc. Didn't hear back so maybe I am still banned. Lol

I cannot find the thread, but I shared this experience with the HH folks.

I would definitely recommend DD today even if I am still banned...their website is up front with everything now. Just don't make any suggestions to them if you want to remain a customer. :tsk:

It was probably the head asswipe I dealt with. Sounds like him...

The only things on FnA Records that interest me in the slightest are the two discs by Cristeen, a hard rock band from Philly:

...but I've heard enough horror stories about the label that I'm not sure that I wanna be bothered dealing with them.

I'd go the CDBaby route, but I just checked and unfortunately CDBaby only offers the Cristeen albums as downloads, not physical discs. :doh:

unfortunately CDBaby only offers the Cristeen albums as downloads, not physical discs. :doh:

So buy the downloads and burn them to CD-R... that's no different from what you'd be getting from the label anyway. :lol:

They are available over on Amazon. From third party seller musiccollectiblesandmore. Which is probably hooked up with FNA records in some way. Because the CDs ship directly from FNA.

And I still did not receive the refund, believe it or not ! After I sent 3 emails which could not be delivered due to mail server problems on their side I wrote another message on the FB page last Thursday. 5 minutes later .....:

===============================

Hello Bernd. I will be issuing your refund either this evening or tomorrow morning. I just have to get final approval from my supervisor and then it will take just a couple of minutes for me to finish the transaction.

Thank you,

Kristin

FnA Records

Obviously her supervisor is not around. What a bunch of morons !! :fu: On Monday I will get nasty on their FB page. Watch the space !!

And I still did not receive the refund, believe it or not ! After I sent 3 emails which could not be delivered due to mail server problems on their side I wrote another message on the FB page last Thursday. 5 minutes later .....:

Hello Bernd. I will be issuing your refund either this evening or tomorrow morning. I just have to get final approval from my supervisor and then it will take just a couple of minutes for me to finish the transaction.

Thank you,

Kristin

FnA Records

Obviously her supervisor is not around. What a bunch of morons !! :fu: On Monday I will get nasty on their FB page. Watch the space !!

The supervisor is the dickweed I dealt with directly. Good luck...