Amaranthe - The Nexus

Stefan

Wasn't that song on the last CD? :lol: Sounds good... and by that I do mean literally identical to the last CD, which was pretty good. ;)

• 2 months later...

I'm going to be pretty harsh here. Heard this today and didn't like it a bit. It is so predictable to the point where every song sounds like the last one, which sounds like everything off the debut. It is just SO by-the-numbers. I thought 'Burn with me' was by far the stand-out of the CD, and a pretty good song. I also think the production job is literally perfect. If every CD sounded like this the world would be sexy. But the songs... None of them are bad, but they're all just the same, and so predictable. And not in a good way. I'd put Dead By April as these guys' peers, and I much prefer Dead By April, personally.

It is very similar to the first album for sure and does tread a very familiar path, but those choruses are excellent throughout and the whole vibe of the new album is really good. Very enjoyable without breaking any new boundaries.

• 2 months later...