STATION - Wired EP

Stefan

logo-151.jpg

From ReverbNation:

"STATION is one of the hottest new bands to come out of New York City. A high voltage stage show with electrifying melodies make STATION an unforgettable experience. STATION has been quite busy this past year; they have shared the stage with rock greats such as Pat Benatar, Vince Neil (Mötley Crüe), Bret Michaels (Poison), and .38 Special to name a few. STATION is currently in the studio recording their first EP with legendary producer Michael Wagener (Ozzy Osbourne, Skid Row, Mötley Crüe, Metallica, Alice Cooper, Extreme, Dokken, Warrant). The band is excited to announce that the EP will debut late fall of 2012."

Some songs on ReverbNation: http://www.reverbnat...tationnyc/songs

I like this!
First single can be heard below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y9diZqgjfc

More info: http://www.stationband.com

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely love it! Pure 80's hard rock. These dudes are so all like, "two thousand and what? Hoodrat, it's totally 1990." Totally. Seriously, look at these dudes. They're so 80's (early 90's) that my balls are testicles.

yeah love this band, ;Robert Palmers vocals are superb, and they do a killer cover of Bang A Gong, excellent band, good thread,

LOL

• 2 months later...

From their website:

Hey Station fans,
We are all very excited to announce the release of our upcoming EP, “WIRED”.
The EP is dropping March 2nd after our official launch party at the ONE and ONLY Arlene’s Grocery – 95 Stanton St., New York, NY 10002. We will literally be frisby-ing free copies at the show, so be there to catch one! Doors open at 7.
For those of you new to Station’s live show – you’re in for a great night. We’ll be playing songs off our new EP including a few throwbacks. As an added bonus, we’ll be hosting an after party – the details and location for this after party will be located on the CD copy – so make sure you get one!
Last but not least – we would like to thank everyone who has supported STATION. Literally every facebook like, tweet and YouTube view means something special to all of us. We wish you all the best and hope to see you there!
ARLENE’s GROCERY WEBSITE: http://www.arlenesgrocery.net/calendar/index.html
Best Regards,
STATION

a2970425584_2.jpg

Tracks:

"Everything"
"True Believer"
"I´d Understand"
"Don´t Take Heaven Away From Me"

• 1 year later...

Debut album coming this year.

From FB:

2015 here we come!

We want to thank everyone who helped make 2014 a huge year for us. We recorded an album, got to play so many great shows all across the country and had the honor of performing with some of our heroes on stage. 2015 is shaping up to be our biggest year yet and we couldn't have gotten here without you. With the upcoming release of our debut LP, we will be traveling all around to bring our music to the world.

We were extremely fortunate to make so many new friends this year as well as get to see many of our old friends. Here's to making new friends in 2015!

Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year. 2015 is gonna rock!

• My Little Pony

Yeah, unfortunately they didn't have any EPs available at Dave's M-Pre Party last year, so this I'll definitely look into.

Yeah, unfortunately they didn't have any EPs available at Dave's M-Pre Party last year, so this I'll definitely look into.

What a shame as that EP is simply stunning. You should check out my review here: http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/station/wired.shtml

The LP will obviously be the album of 2015.

Will the 4 songs on the EP be on the LP? Hoping for a good one, and I hope it's something that can at least come within 10% of the obvious album of the year from Wigelius. ;)

I first heard the song "Everything" playing between sets at Melodic Rock Fest 4 in Chicago back in October. I heard the song and it was almost immediately stuck in my head. I had to run over to the sound guy and ask who was singing the song and he told me "Station".

Ended up checking them out a little more and liking what I've seen. Looking forward to the release of their full album.

• 1 month later...

From their website:

NEW ALBUM AND KNITTING FACTORY

We had a BLAST at Rocklahoma! It was great to see some old faces and meet new fans. The support was so great, that we’re officially SOLD OUT of our debut EP, “Wired!”

So…onto the NEW ALBUM! It’s finished being tracked and we’ve entered into the mixing stage. So far, it sounds awesome! You all will love it, we promise. We’ll keep you posted on when it’s finished and when we plan to have it released.

In the meantime, as a welcome back/birthday celebration for Chris, be sure to catch us back in NYC for the first time since March! We’ll be headlining the Knitting Factory with special guests: Tempt and RAVE LA KILL. We’ll be serving cake after the show!

Back to the studio to mix!

And later:

We are getting down to the wire with album mixing! It’s been a long road but we’re almost to the end, and we absolutely cannot wait to release our finished product. We’re been working hard with Ray and Anthony at Westfall Music Co to create something amazing, and we couldn’t be more thrilled with how this album sounds! We’ll keep you posted when we’ve finished mixing, and moved on to mastering.

From 'Wired':

A little birdie told me the new album is in the can and I can't wait to get my greedy little meat hooks on it...

Nice!

From their website:

NEW ALBUM AND KNITTING FACTORY

We had a BLAST at Rocklahoma! It was great to see some old faces and meet new fans. The support was so great, that we’re officially SOLD OUT of our debut EP, “Wired!”

So…onto the NEW ALBUM! It’s finished being tracked and we’ve entered into the mixing stage. So far, it sounds awesome! You all will love it, we promise. We’ll keep you posted on when it’s finished and when we plan to have it released.

In the meantime, as a welcome back/birthday celebration for Chris, be sure to catch us back in NYC for the first time since March! We’ll be headlining the Knitting Factory with special guests: Tempt and RAVE LA KILL. We’ll be serving cake after the show!

Back to the studio to mix!

And later:

We are getting down to the wire with album mixing! It’s been a long road but we’re almost to the end, and we absolutely cannot wait to release our finished product. We’re been working hard with Ray and Anthony at Westfall Music Co to create something amazing, and we couldn’t be more thrilled with how this album sounds! We’ll keep you posted when we’ve finished mixing, and moved on to mastering.

From 'Wired':

Love these two tunes. I still definitely need to get my paws on that EP. Cannot wait for this new album - I really think it'll be one of the highlights of the year.

• 3 weeks later...

Update has been posted about the new Station album.

From the Station FB page:

THE PRE-SALE HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!!! We are so excited to announce that the STATION debut album has an official release date: Tuesday, April 14th!

Click below for physical and digital presales:

Physical: http://stationnyc.bandcamp.com
Digital: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/station/id976397895

As an added bonus, all who pre-order the album can download our first single "Are You Sleeping Alone" immediately after purchase!

As an ADDED added bonus, we made a music video. Enjoy and SHARE!

I've had the chance to work with Station a bit. The whole release is great.. it is hard to even pick a favorite song. Look for 3 new videos to be released before April 30th. Station will also be playing my annual "M-Pre Party" on April 30, 2015 in Columbia, Maryland. If any HH members are in the area just contact me and I'll hook them up for the show.

It is going to be a great year for this band.

I've had the chance to work with Station a bit. The whole release is great.. it is hard to even pick a favorite song. Look for 3 new videos to be released before April 30th. Station will also be playing my annual "M-Pre Party" on April 30, 2015 in Columbia, Maryland. If any HH members are in the area just contact me and I'll hook them up for the show.

It is going to be a great year for this band.

Good to hear...I think that qualifies as the first review I've seen of the album :)

I've only heard the EP songs and the latest single....I'd have to point to Everything and this newest song as my favorites so far. I'd heard enough to pre-order it though and looking forward to hearing the rest. Hoping they can keep the same style throughout with hooks and harmonies....and rock of course.

I guess I don't see many new bands putting music out with this vibe in the US these days so it's refreshing to see.