Wheels Of Fire - Up For Anything

Stefan

Wheels Of Fire releases their second album through Avenue Of Allies on November 30th.

PromoImage.jpg

1) Follow Your Heart
2) Don't Walk Away
3) Turning Up The Radio
4) Pain
5) Web Of Lies
6) Lay Your Body Down
7) Respect
8) Come Back Home
9) Tell Me
10) Nothing To Lose
11) No Mercy
12) Yesterday's Gone
13) Everytime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywyWxi9iY_E

I thought the first one was just ok, but this one sounds like it might be good. I will most likely give this a try.

I thought the first one was just ok, but this one sounds like it might be good. I will most likely give this a try.

Backed, that sounds heaps better! I thought the debut was pretty solid too, but based on this one song I'm a lot more excited about this one. Good on 'em. Party animals.

Listening to this right now. Only 4 songs in, but sounds very good! Somewhat of a Brother Firetribe feel to it...

EDIT: Hold that thought.... deeper in, it's less BF but I can't quite put my finger on who they sound like. Lots of gang vocals on the choruses.

At first blush, this may be one of the better releases of 2012.

Listening to this right now. Only 4 songs in, but sounds very good! Somewhat of a Brother Firetribe feel to it...

EDIT: Hold that thought.... deeper in, it's less BF but I can't quite put my finger on who they sound like. Lots of gang vocals on the choruses.

At first blush, this may be one of the better releases of 2012.

Me want!

I love the first WOF album so I'm hoping the newy is a goody but the lead song isn't doing much for me.

Really? Smokes anything off the debut single-handedly, imo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I must admit, this turns out surprisingly well after one single spin coz I remember their debut is kinda average / weak. Out of 13 tracks, I think most of them are in the 80 - 85 range and probably only 3 tracks are 70 - 75. The ballads here, 'Tell Me' and 'Everytime' are pretty nice too. Tracks I like are 'Follow Your Heart', 'Don't Walk Away', 'Pain', 'Lay Your Body Down', and the two ballads mentioned. I guess this is worth 80% - 85% and I'm sure it's a nice buy!

I'll throw a rating at this one pretty soon. I'm predicting a mid 70's rating from me. Seemed like a nice slab of melodic rock. Like the debut it's nothing amazing, but it's a better album than the debut - good solid melodic rock.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely a better disc than their debut. Still nothing ground-breaking, though, but very solid. Favourite tunes are 'Don't walk away,' Pain' and 'No Mercy.' Good effort.

• 6 months later...

Pretty good. I like it. Nothing that will set the world on fire...but definitely good stuff.