Shotgun Alley breaks up!

Stefan

Damn it! Such a great band. I didn't see that one coming... :(

You can now download all their music for free from their website including their third and final album 'Dying To Survive'.

New album from their website: http://www.shotgunal...com/fr_home.cfm

From Facebook:

To All SGA Family, Friends, Fans and Followers.

It is with deep regret to announce that Shotgun Alley will be disbanding permanently as of today. From all 6 of us, we just wanted to say thank you for all of your constant support and devotion to SGA over the last few years. We also wanted everyone to know that this split was an amicable decision that the band collectively has decided.

Please respect that this was not an easy decision to make, but it is best for all members. We look at Shotgun Alley as just another musical step in each individual's journey. We have all grown and matured immensely over the last 3 years, and we are very proud of all the things we have accomplished together.

We understand that it may not be very clear as to why we have decided to call it a day, but put simply, Shotgun Alley started when we were all younger with different musical ambitions. Although our time in LA was amazing, it made us realise that more than ever all of us just want different things musically and need the break to try something different. We want you guys to know we couldn't have done any of it without all of you supporting us, so from the bottom of hearts, thank you!

As some of you know, we have been working on our latest album for the last 6-8 months and we figure that instead of locking away all the songs, we would love for you all to have it. So as a parting gift from us, Shotgun Alley's new and last album "Dying To Survive" will be available on www.shotgunalleyrock.com for free download this week. All of us will remain great friends and we all want and wish the best to each other for each others future musical careers. So for the last time, Thanks so much!! We are so happy and proud to have had such amazingly loyal fans, we will never trade the memories for anything.

Thanks again

Shotgun Alley.

Edited by Stefan

Wow, that's an odd one. They were recording so much music I'd just assumed they were pretty serious about giving it a go. Oh well, if it's not to be it's not to be. Sad news. :( I am absolutely delighted that we get to hear this last full album from them before they vanish... but yeah, sad news. :( Good luck to the guys in future projects and I hope to hear more down the line.

Just popped on one song before I go to sleep. Ouch... 'Run' is awesome. :(

There was a certain modern edge to their music, though. I would have thought that hailing from NZ (correct?) they'd at least have had a pretty big fan base there. Maybe? Who knows. So hard to tell these days. Anyway, I hope the rest of the album is as great as 'Run.' Love it.

So did you dudes download and hear 'Dyin' to Survive?'

Heard it today and this is definitely the best release of their short-lived career. For me, all the boxes finally got ticked. They had great ballads and mid-tempo tunes on the debut and the mini-album, but this last album sees them really perfect the rockers too. There's some really great stuff here, and nothing I even remotely disliked.

And how good is the production, for a band calling it a day? Great stuff. I'll hear it many more times to dissect it track by track at some point, but I truly loved what I heard. I hope the core of the band do continue and record more great stuff like this.

Heard it today and this is definitely the best release of their short-lived career. For me, all the boxes finally got ticked. They had great ballads and mid-tempo tunes on the debut and the mini-album, but this last album sees them really perfect the rockers too. There's some really great stuff here, and nothing I even remotely disliked.

And how good is the production, for a band calling it a day? Great stuff. I'll hear it many more times to dissect it track by track at some point, but I truly loved what I heard. I hope the core of the band do continue and record more great stuff like this.

I downloaded it. Haven't had the time to hear it yet but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna dig it when I do hear it.

They quit at the top...

I downloaded it. Haven't had the time to hear it yet but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna dig it when I do hear it.

They quit at the top...

You'll dig it for sure. They had such a great sound - killer mix of "traditional" melodic hard rock with an awesome modern edge. Real shame it's over now.

so the last album is free for download but no chance to get it on CD ?

Yeah mate, I think it'd take nothing short of a miracle to get that on CD... who'd push it? :(

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Almost 2 years on...

and I just played some stuff from 'Dyin' To Survive'. This is worth getting a proper cd release.

Maybe Andrew over at MelodicRock Records could pull some strings? ;)

This would be right up his alley...

I'm just listening to this right now.

Bloody marvellous stuff!

And Andrew, I'm serious. Call 'em up and try to get this released.

• 2 years later...
On 26.4.2015 at 1:18 AM, Stefan said:

I'm just listening to this right now.

Bloody marvellous stuff!

And Andrew, I'm serious. Call 'em up and try to get this released.

Earth to Andrew! ;)

One of the best unreleased album I've ever heard.

100ede0a6b76e337a6afbe99baf4d894.jpg

I must make sure all their stuff is still somewhere in my collection. I got hard copies of everything they released... just got to make sure I still have this one. Such great stuff. 

• 2 years later...

Just for the trivia buffs out there, lead singer Mark Furze was on the current season of Australia's The Voice. Just got dumped in the top 8 before they cut it down to 4. Flew the "rock flag" throughout his tenure. Hope we get an album out of his brief brush with fame. 

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

Just for the trivia buffs out there, lead singer Mark Furze was on the current season of Australia's The Voice. Just got dumped in the top 8 before they cut it down to 4. Flew the "rock flag" throughout his tenure. Hope we get an album out of his brief brush with fame. 

Do have any links?

10 hours ago, Geoff said:

He was also on Geoff's  favourite TV show " Home And Away ".

Ooops, I think Geoff didn't wanted let out.

12 hours ago, Doggy said:

He was also on Geoff's  favourite TV show " Home And Away ".

Ooops, I think Geoff didn't wanted let out.

Yeah, they were the days when it was a nightly watch for me. Kind of miss it, to be honest. Been a few years since I've seen more than an episode or two per couple of months. Sadness. :(

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Thanks man.

• Like 1