GOTTHARD to continue on after death of Steve Lee

AlphaMale

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/news/details/245600.gotthard-we-want-to-carry-on.html

NEWS

GOTTHARD - "WE WANT TO CARRY ON!"

2011-02-01 08:00 - After the tragic accident of their friend and singer Steve Lee, who died in the United States on

5th of October 2010, the musicians of the Swiss rock band Gotthard withdrew from the public

towards the end of the year in order to take a break. Now they are back with plans for the future

and to tackle a difficult task.

Quote from Leo Leoni: „... after the very emotional days following Steve‘s death, it was important

for all of us to come to terms with the pain, let the incident sink in and find ourselves again.

So we got together at the beginning of the year and started considering the new situation ... it

was clear to all of us quite quickly, that it has to go on - GOTTHARD is not a job - GOTTHARD IS

OUR LIFE „!

Quote from Hena Habegger: „... of course we can only continue if we are lucky enough to find

the right man. For us, it is not just a voice that can bring our songs back to life... more precisely

we are looking for a singer whose personality also matches ours - the Gotthard Family!

It's one of my favorite bands. I have followed them since the debut. Steve's death was a tragedy but I think it is good that they try to move on. They are a great bunch of lads and I hope and pray that they will find the right lad for the job.

It will be hard for me to listen to Gotthard without Lee but it might be a great 'new' band to discover,,, to be continued,,,,

Yeah, I wish the guys all the best too. They will obviously be a very different band from now on, but I really hope it works out okay for them. :)

I think Steve would have wanted them to carry on, but its certainly gonna be tough to fill his boots for any singer.

You can understand why they would want to continue as well. Gotthard is massive in their home country of Switzerland, and I am sure from a business point of view as well as from a fans point of view, nobody would want to see the band vanish.

You'd have to assume they will go for a Swiss singer, so I doubt it will be a known artist that gets the job.

Gotthard has probably had one of the most consistant line ups since their beginings, so I can see why they would view it as a family.

I think Steve would have wanted them to carry on, but its certainly gonna be tough to fill his boots for any singer.

You can understand why they would want to continue as well. Gotthard is massive in their home country of Switzerland, and I am sure from a business point of view as well as from a fans point of view, nobody would want to see the band vanish.

You'd have to assume they will go for a Swiss singer, so I doubt it will be a known artist that gets the job.

Gotthard has probably had one of the most consistant line ups since their beginings, so I can see why they would view it as a family.

Agreed.... Steve had such a soulful and distinct voice. One part of me thinks they need to find someone that sounds just like him and the other part of me says that they may be able to carry on with another vocalist that has his own voice, but will still do justice to the entire catalogue

Agreed, won't be the same but I would have followed them if they started a new band anyway. As long as they make more music I say......

RIP Steve

I wish them the best but I will have reservations since his voice is what you identify the band with but if they find a good singer and put out quality product i'll buy it.

Ditto!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is the new Gotthard track from the just released Heaven 2 compilation.

Great song!!

Gotthard - What Am I

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SDGU6LMB

thanx

Yeah, I missed this too. Thanks mate!!!