JUDAS PRIEST Call It A Day, Announce Farewell Tour

Rockposer

BW&BK has received the following press release:

After storming the world for nearly 40 years and taking their very special brand of heavy metal to all four corners of the planet, JUDAS PRIEST -one of the most influential heavy metal bands of all time, have announced this will be their final world tour!!

However, the mighty Priest will certainly be going out strong as they rock the planet starting in 2011 on the massive Epitaph tour - hitting all the major cities throughout the world they will be playing the songs that helped make the name Juda Priest synonymous with heavy metal!

With all guns blazing and amps cranked to eleven, the band will be giving all their fans one last chance to witness the ultimate metal experience that is Jdas Priest!

Judas Priest will be starting their world tour in Europe - we have just confirmed the following festivals for 2011:

June

9 - Sweden Rock - Solvesborg, Sweden

11 - Sauna Festival - Finland

17 - Copenhell Festival - Copenhagen, Denmark

19 - Hellfest - Nantes, France

22 - Gods of Metal Festival - Milan, Italy

25 - Graspop Festival - Belgium

July

23 - High Voltage Festival - London, UK

August

5 - Wacken Open Air - Wacken, Germany

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

(*cough, pant, wheeze*)

Where was I? Oh yeah.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

(Fingers in ears)

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEEEEEEEAAARRRR YOU

THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!!!!

:crying::hammer::doh:

(*cough, pant, wheeze*)

Where was I? Oh yeah.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

(Fingers in ears)

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEEEEEEEAAARRRR YOU

THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!!!!

:crying::hammer::doh:

Ehm...what did he say?

Lets face it, Rob will continue to put out solo material and/or side projects.

The rest of the band will probably also put out side projects or do something akin to Heaven and Hell with a new singer, and in 5 years time they will have a reunion.

Are they not doing a final album to bow out on ala The Scorpions??

A real shame, and as Nick say, they are still firing and sounding excellent. Will definitely go to see them for a last time as they are a superb live band.

Are they not doing a final album to bow out on ala The Scorpions??

I really wish they would...I'd hate for the lukewarm NOSTRADAMUS to be their final recorded output...

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yeah,but when its all said and done Glenn or someone in the band will be at home twidling their

thumbs and get the itch again.Its in their blood,there always going to go back to it.They're just like RJD.Both

are cut from the same cloth and the only thing that stopped Ronnie was death..its possible but i just

don't see it.Also the term "great" gets thrown around WAY too much-Priest are a GREAT band.Angel of Retribution

was a d*mn good album-give us something in the vein of that one and most of us wouldn't complain,JMO.

As most have said I also think that they would reunite when they get bored in say 4-5 years if not sooner. It does suck that there won't be a farewell type album since IMO they haven't had that classic album since Rob rejoined the band. Plus these guys can still play and Rob can still sing it's surprising that they'd want to pack it in now.

As most have said I also think that they would reunite when they get bored in say 4-5 years if not sooner.

Glenn Tipton just turned 63 a couple of weeks ago... he may not even be mobile in 4-5 years...

It will be interesting to see if Judas Priest headlines any of the festivals in the USA (Rocklahoma, Midwest Rockfest, or M3). M3 really doesn't seem to increase attendence as it is always packed. The other two might benefit a great deal by having Priest headline.

As most have said I also think that they would reunite when they get bored in say 4-5 years if not sooner.

Glenn Tipton just turned 63 a couple of weeks ago... he may not even be mobile in 4-5 years...

Hey if Keith Richards is still going the sky is the limit.

The amount of booze and drugs in Keiths' system will mean his body will still be moving a year after his death....

The amount of booze and drugs in Keiths' system will mean his body will still be moving a year after his death....

Ha good point. He will probably be the beginning of the "Walking Dead"...I thought one of the zombies in that show looked familiar. :lol:

Ha good point. He will probably be the beginning of the "Walking Dead"...I thought one of the zombies in that show looked familiar. :lol:
It would make for a twist in the storyline, Zombie Keith in a band with Ozzy, Tyler and Perry...

Now on to Priest! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Halford is one of my favorite singers and I always liked Priest. Will he go on with Halford? Reform Fight? Or Two? Or will he quit altogether?

In a few years Priest will reform with whoever is left and go through the nostalgia scene and release the same new live album over and over again...

Found this on another site..........

Judas Priest are not splitting up, even though 2011’s Epitaph world tour will be their last.

The metal gods revealed yesterday that they’re bowing out of life on the road by giving fans a last chance to see them live. The tour includes an appearance at next year’s High Voltage festival in London on July 23.

The wording of Priest’s official statement left some doubt over whether it was the end of their 42-year history.

But a spokesman tells RockAAA: “This is the end of Judas Priest doing major world tours – but not the end of the band, thank Heaven.”

Guitarist KK Downing recently said: “People often ask me what it’s like to be on a tour and I always say the same thing. It’s the hardest thing you will ever do – but you wouldn’t change it for the world.

“Travelling becomes such a major part of your life that you feel like a piece of luggage yourself. But when you get to go to places you’ve never been before like Korea, Turkey,

Romania and Columbia, you feel like the luckiest man alive.

“These day I reflect on the past when we had to load the touring van ourselves – sometimes in the ice and snow, being afraid we’d get frostbite and not be able to play the gig.

“I remember one winter we had a gig at Hull City Hall in England. We were driving in heavy snow when we hit black ice. The car hit the motorway barriers so hard that it was never able to be driven again.

“A passing farmer saved the day by letting us pile into his old Land Rover – and he was kind enough to drive us to the gig.”

http://www.rockaaa.com/news/official-%E2%80%93-its-not-the-end-of-priest-1300

I've seen Priest sooo many times, and have never ever seen them put on a bad show. I'll definitely be going to the Epitaph tour....one of the bands that shaped what I love about music. Funny thinhg is I only have Unleashed in the East by them (Jap version with live version of Starbreaker on it...fuckin aweome), I honestly felt I never needed the albums as the whole live experience always blew me away. But I loved Stained Class when I borrowed it off my mate.

• 4 months later...

Looks like K.K. Downing has opted out of the forthcoming Priest farewell tour... :blink:

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/kk-downing-retires-from-judas-priest/

K.K. Downing has decided hang up his guitar and retire from Judas Priest.

An official statement from the Priest camp (no pun intended) reads as follows:

It is with regret that Judas Priest announce that KK Downing has formally retired from the band and will therefore not be joining them on their forthcoming Epitaph tour.

The band respect his decision and naturally wish him well.

Having thought long and hard about how to proceed, Rob, Glenn, Ian and Scott unanimously agreed that they should go ahead with the tour and not let the fans down all around the world.

Fate also stepped in and delivered the perfect replacement 31-year-old respected guitar player Richie Faulkner [who has played with Lauren Harris; he is pictured below] he has blended into the band perfectly and is a great talent who is going to help set the stage on fire!

The Epitaph tour will include songs from every Priest studio album and also tracks they have never before performed on stage plus all the old favourites!

With a new album due to be released next year the metal gods are preparing to tour the planet once more heavy metal at its best complete with lasers, lights, bikes and hellfire! Its a show not to be missed!

New Guy:

Richie-Faulkner.jpg

Wow... completely out of the blue he decides not to go out with them on their (supposedly) last tour?

I hope this isn't a sign of health troubles for Mr. Downing. Best of luck to 'im whatever the motivation may be.