A monumentous event!

Dateline Urbana, IL. May 28, 2010. In a stunning revelation, Heavy Harmonies today announced that at 10:17am Central Time, on May 28, 2010, Treat - Coup de Grace was knocked from it's position as #1 contender for 2010 CD of the year, a position it had held since its first release to reviewers.

Reaction was swift. One member of the community stated "Is he fooking deaf? There is no possible way that there could be a CD better than Coup de Grace! It was rated 100% at MelodicRock.Com, for Pete's sake! How do you get better than that???", thus leading some to speculate that perhaps ratings, as well as knobs, go to 11.

Members of Treat, upon learning that their CD was no longer occupying the vaunted #1 slot, were heard to remark "Wik valski Heavy Harmonies schitt wanker vel blumen skor dipschitt!" Of course no one could actually translate, let alone comprehend, the remarks, so the band was pretty much ignored.

Some postulated that the change in #1 CD of the year contender was precipitated by payola, while others speculated upon an infatuation with Justin Bieber. When reached for comment, Heavy Harmonies representatives' only message was a YouTube video showing someone in a gorilla suit defacating on a stack of Justin Bieber CDs. The message was unambiguous.

So what is now the #1 contending CD for 2010 Heavy Harmonies CD of the Year? That question remains unanswered, and is destined to occupy the minds and hearts of rock fans everywhere. The question will become legend, to ultimately occupy the same stature as "What happened to Amelia Earheart?", "Who watches the watchmen?", "What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?", and "Are monthly anal probes really mandatory under Obamacare, or are they simply a side effect of the resulting higher taxes?"

Investigations continue into the identity of the new #1 contender for 2010 Heavy Harmonies CD of the Year.

Stay tuned.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a long shot (and a very non-Heavy Harmonies oriented artist which is why I'm throwing this out for shock value), but Billy Ray Cyrus is in a new band and their new single is pretty damn good believe it or not. Let the stones fly!

Just looking at what's come out recently, I would guess FM - Metropolis, or some female fronted goth/power metal band that 95% of us have never heard of. :P

Just looking at what's come out recently, I would guess FM - Metropolis, or some female fronted goth/power metal band that 95% of us have never heard of. :P

Why I oughtta... ;)

Actually, the CD in question fits squarely within the genre boundaries at HH, and in fact has been discussed on this board.

-Dan

Well for me, I can think of a few of this years albums that I think are better than the Treat one, but the Reckless Love album is hands down my fave album of the year, and I dont see it being beaten.

Why I oughtta... ;)

Actually, the CD in question fits squarely within the genre boundaries at HH, and in fact has been discussed on this board.

-Dan

You're evil! Leaving us hanging like this... :doh:

My guess is the Pretty Maids or Crashdiet disc or maybe the Crazy Lixx as those 3 are battling it out for my top 3 so far.

But with FarCry and Iron Maiden coming soon who knows what will happen.

I will say that Treat barely makes my top 10 but I've never been into them as much as some others around here.

My guess is the Pretty Maids or Crashdiet disc or maybe the Crazy Lixx as those 3 are battling it out for my top 3 so far.

I will say that Treat barely makes my top 10 but I've never been into them as much as some others around here.

Maybe the Pretty Maids, but I don't think for Dan it would be the Crashdiet or the Crazy Lixx. I think it will be something a little less discussed on the board...but I don't have a guess to what it is. :anon:

Aw! Me all wrong...I was angling for the State Cows CD but I don't think it's been mentioned here.

Has Cliff Richard a new "AOR gem" of an album out Jez?

Maybe the Pretty Maids, but I don't think for Dan it would be the Crashdiet or the Crazy Lixx. I think it will be something a little less discussed on the board...but I don't have a guess to what it is. :anon:

Actually Dan just started a thread about a song on the new Crazy Lixx so he has been listening to that one.

Of course it could be some symphonic metal band from Europe with a female vocalist since I believe he likes those quite a bit.

Delain or Murder My Sweet?

But I think those came out in 2009.

Actually Dan just started a thread about a song on the new Crazy Lixx so he has been listening to that one.

Of course it could be some symphonic metal band from Europe with a female vocalist since I believe he likes those quite a bit.

Delain or Murder My Sweet?

But I think those came out in 2009.

True, he did post that sample song by them. Yep, Delain did come out in '09 (great cd by the way).

This is a long shot (and a very non-Heavy Harmonies oriented artist which is why I'm throwing this out for shock value), but Billy Ray Cyrus is in a new band and their new single is pretty damn good believe it or not. Let the stones fly!

I like a lot of the early Billy Ray stuff. after you get past the achy breaky heart thing the had some really solid songs. a couple of my favs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRjwD-Rd_K4&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzaTlYrRvjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI9tfNx1M1E&feature=related

I'm guessing it's somewhere in the area of Pretty Maids, Crazy Lixx or possibly Reckless Love as well, because they've all taken me by surprise as well.

Well, let's not forget the new NKOTB album...

:cartman:

I reckon its either Vega or First Signal, both of which are due to hit soon and both of which will be awesome.

But it could be Terry Brock's solo........

Come on Dan spill the beans.