DEBBIE RAY "Artificial Misery" CD

hardrockhaven

Hey gang,

I feel like I've struck gold two days in a row from the same website. I was just listening to some of the other bands that Demon Doll Records had to offer when I came across Debbie Ray "Artficial Misery". I listened to all five sound samples and immediately just ordered my copy. What a great sounding sleazy guitar driven hard rock band. This one cost $11.99 but it is a full length release. I also posted about Slam Alley last night which is featured on the same website. Here's the link so you can decide for yourself. I know Geoff was mentioning that this website might be selling nice-looking CDRs. I'll let ya know when I get them. Even so, I'll take what I can get since these are sounding so cool.

http://www.demondollrecords.com/Debbie_Ray...ial_Misery.html

How'd I miss that one too? Man I destroyed that opportunity to stock up from this place. :(

Well, don't feel too bad. I missed it last night too when I was on the site. Now I had to pay full shipping twice, aargh.

Hey gang,

I feel like I've struck gold two days in a row from the same website. I was just listening to some of the other bands that Demon Doll Records had to offer when I came across Debbie Ray "Artficial Misery". I listened to all five sound samples and immediately just ordered my copy. What a great sounding sleazy guitar driven hard rock band. This one cost $11.99 but it is a full length release. I also posted about Slam Alley last night which is featured on the same website. Here's the link so you can decide for yourself. I know Geoff was mentioning that this website might be selling nice-looking CDRs. I'll let ya know when I get them. Even so, I'll take what I can get since these are sounding so cool.

I just ordered the debbie ray cd today too....I have ordered a bunch of their stuff before and most are nice looking cd-rs with the exception of just a few that are silver pressed...but I had to buy that debbie ray cd no matter what...great stuff...

Hey gang,

I just ordered the debbie ray cd today too....I have ordered a bunch of their stuff before and most are nice looking cd-rs with the exception of just a few that are silver pressed...but I had to buy that debbie ray cd no matter what...great stuff...

Yeah, I'm stoked to get it. They only had five sound samples I believe it was. So that means there's like 5 or 6 more songs still to be heard when it gets here. I love that hard-edged sleaze stuff when its done right. Maybe we'll get lucky and have it be one of the silver pressed exceptions.

i don;t think this one was availabe until just now. i would have order it too if it was there. I've heard some of their stuff on myspace and it sounds pretty good.

Cool. At least that makes me feel a little better. Did you get the Slam Alley one?I think I asked already but my memory is a fish. If you got it, can you give it to me when you get it?

Hey gang,

I feel like I've struck gold two days in a row from the same website. I was just listening to some of the other bands that Demon Doll Records had to offer when I came across Debbie Ray "Artficial Misery". I listened to all five sound samples and immediately just ordered my copy. What a great sounding sleazy guitar driven hard rock band. This one cost $11.99 but it is a full length release. so cool.

like it a lot! never heard it. and a cool site.. thanks

goes onto my never-ending list :)

Received my copy on Tuesday and have given it a couple of spins. Another very cool Swedish band with a mighty fine self-produced slab of Sleaze, which to my ears somehow sounds like a mixture of Hardcore Superstar and Backyard Babies. Standouts so far are the title-track and Road Dog Souls!

Got this one in the mail today. Talk about fast shipping. I wish every place I ordered from was this fast. As for the disc, I just got done spinning it. Man I am one happy camper. These guys ripped it up and had me begging for more. Very cool stuff. These guys drip with attitude.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, is this one silver-pressed? Heard it yesterday and I really need to pick this up. Easily one of the best, if not the best sleaze hard rock disc I've heard this year. Hope more people get to hear this one. Demondoll is getting some pretty awesome releases on the label. Loved it.

Hey guys, is this one silver-pressed? Heard it yesterday and I really need to pick this up. Easily one of the best, if not the best sleaze hard rock disc I've heard this year. Hope more people get to hear this one. Demondoll is getting some pretty awesome releases on the label. Loved it.

Yep, Debbie Ray is probably my favorite Demon Doll release so far. And yes, Geoff, it is a very nice looking CDR. Glossy artwork, printed label, the works. If it wasn't for the backside of the disc being a shade darker than a silver pressed disc, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. This band is well worth it though. I've still been playing the heck out of my copy.

• 2 years later...

These guys have a new 3-track digital only EP out. Sounds great judging from the samples. You can check it out on ITunes or Amazon.

Cool. Best news I've heard all day. Heading there now................................................

I'm in a real sleazy mood.

Your tongue on Matt's thigh verifies that.

I won't check out this EP, but I hope there is a new CD with these 3 songs on it soon. Excellent band.

I'm in a real sleazy mood.

Your tongue on Matt's thigh verifies that.

You're not jealous, are you?

Not with my tongue on his other thigh. That's what I call a party.

• 3 months later...

Just for the record the Debbie Ray debut still gets lots of spins - great album.

And with a couple of dead set killers on that EP, cant wait for the new album from these guys.

Nice band.