MISSDEMEANOR - All Girl band from the 80s

Fat Freddy

Miss001a.jpg

I'm feeling random today so I thought I'd throw a "forgotten band" thread out there for the hell of it... anyone here remember/ever heard of MISSDEMEANOR, from Staten Island, NY? I caught these gals live a few times in the late 80s/very early 90s on the urging of my buddy Ralph, whose short-lived band had played a gig with them previously; he developed a crush on their drummer at that show (I believe she's the one in the pink zebra-striped top in the above pic) so he called me up the next time they played around our 'hood, saying "YOU GOTTA COME SEE THESE GIRLS, THEY'RE HOT!" Haha. So yeah, I went to two or three of their shows (I believe I may have been present at their last-ever show in New Jersey, which is mentioned in an interview I'll link at the end of this post), and they were pretty damn good stuff. Commercial hard rock i.e. Aerosmith, Van Halen, KISS, Zeppelin, that sorta thing. According to the interview below, they released a few demos in the late 80s and did record an album which for whatever reason was never released.

There's an interview with their guitarist here at the "Metal Maidens" site which has way more info than I can provide for those who are interested in learning more:

http://www.metalmaidens.com/missdemeanor.htm

And of course, since even bands that have been defunct for over a decade have MySpaces these days, here's theirs :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/missdemeanorgirlrock

Never heard of them. Sounds interesting, though. Maybe a future prospect for Retrospect or a like-minded label. And no offence to Ralph, but that dude's eyes alright? :lol: The one second from the right is a maybe, but the others? No thanks. :P

And no offence to Ralph, but that dude's eyes alright? :lol: The one second from the right is a maybe, but the others? No thanks. :P

:rofl: Ralph was a drummer, the girl he had the crush on was their drummer. Must've been a drum thing. :lol:

The one second from the right was the vocalist (if memory serves) and yea, she was definitely the hottest one. :)

Don't recall...i remember an all female band called Meanstreak from the same area?

Yup, Meanstreak were also from the NYC area. They were harder edged though (not quite thrash but close... kinda like Metal Church with a bad case of menstrual cramps. Haha). Missdemeanor was on the more commercial-tinged side of things.

• 5 years later...

I just discovered this band through Demon Doll Records. It took a few listens, but it has blown me away. I'm not sure how you would classify it. It definitely enters sleaze territory. I must also say there are better pics out there.

I knew these chicks back in the day. Still keep in touch with Linda (guitar)... Still have my cassette. All of the members of this band are still active in the NJ music scene.