New Device

Glen

Wow, this just kicked my arse into next week...............single from the forthcoming debut album called 'Takin Over'

And here's a link to their myspace....all songs featured are great, esp 'Make My Day' :banger:

http://www.myspace.com/newdevice

Album is released 20th July.

:drink:

Crown of Thorns? :lol: Crown of Thorns wish. HAHA! I really dig the sound of these guys. That single, 'Takin' over' is awesome! It proves my theory that no band-fronting vocalist, ever, should record a music video without a microphone. :lol: The other songs on myspace are pretty cool too and I look forward to hearing this disc. Nice find mate.

Crown of Thorns? :lol: Crown of Thorns wish. HAHA! I really dig the sound of these guys. That single, 'Takin' over' is awesome! It proves my theory that no band-fronting vocalist, ever, should record a music video without a microphone. :lol: The other songs on myspace are pretty cool too and I look forward to hearing this disc. Nice find mate.

Didnt you think the vocals were a bit reminiscent of COT in that song.....and a bit of the chorus reminded me of their sound.

Good stuff in any case.

Didnt you think the vocals were a bit reminiscent of COT in that song.....and a bit of the chorus reminded me of their sound.

Good stuff in any case.

Yeah, I can hear a bit of COT in the vocals... even a bit of Juno Roxus too, especially in the chorus of 'Takin' over'.

Totally hear the COT vox in the song.....this is some seriously good stuff!!! Thanks Lennie for the solid lead on this one!!!

• 2 months later...

Samples of all tracks now on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_?u...p;x=17&y=18

Sounds great. Of the songs which arent on Myspace....'Youve Got It Coming' and 'Never Say Nver' sound very nice.

Album due this month....20th I think.

Cheers

Samples of all tracks now on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_?u...p;x=17&y=18

Sounds great. Of the songs which arent on Myspace....'Youve Got It Coming' and 'Never Say Nver' sound very nice.

Album due this month....20th I think.

Cheers

Checked out all the sound samples. Some very nice tunes from what I could tell so far. A couple of them cut out before the chorus, but it still sounds like there's plenty on there to be a keeper. Cool energetic modern hard rock with catchy choruses. Me likes! I wonder if Best Buy will be getting this in or if I'll have to order it online.

• 2 weeks later...

Released today and just checked the samples on itunes. Sounds great, but I aint ordering it until i can check it out in full on Spotify.

Ok, for those interested, about the only place I can find a hard copy of this cd is on hmv.com. It says it's in stock so I just ordered a copy for myself. I've never ordered through hmv before so I have no idea about their customer service or shipping times yet. Hopefully it comes quick.

Ok, for those interested, about the only place I can find a hard copy of this cd is on hmv.com. It says it's in stock so I just ordered a copy for myself. I've never ordered through hmv before so I have no idea about their customer service or shipping times yet. Hopefully it comes quick.

This band arent on Spotify yet so I havent listened in full....be interested in your thoughts.

This band arent on Spotify yet so I havent listened in full....be interested in your thoughts.

Well, they just e-mailed me and said the cd is on the way. Since I just ordered it like three hours ago, I'm gonna say that's pretty good service so far. I'll definitely post my final verdict after I get it and give it a good listen.

I picked this up in HMV at lunchtime for a tenner, so very much looking forward to spinning this one later :headbanger:

Wow, the first listen wasnt so great actually....wanted some more immediate hooks.

But on second listen this thing rocks hard and could be a real grower. Some of those solos are real nice too. :headbanger:

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got this in the mail the other day. A few nice gems on here. It could have been a tad stronger over-all but there were numerous stand out tracks. My favorites would have to be "On Fire", "In The Fading Light", "You've Got it Comin", and "Make My Day". This things rocks pretty good though.

I finally got this in the mail the other day. A few nice gems on here. It could have been a tad stronger over-all but there were numerous stand out tracks. My favorites would have to be "On Fire", "In The Fading Light", "You've Got it Comin", and "Make My Day". This things rocks pretty good though.

It gets better with every listen! The 2 ballads in particular are growers...i love both those now. But 'Youve Got It Comin' is awesome.

V nice hard modern rock disc.

I got a song on the latest Metal Hammer free disc, and I will skip this - sorry all a bit generic for my tastes. Is kinda like the Burn Halo but with better vocals.

• 1 month later...

So I actually got a free copy of this, and I honestly absolutely hate it. Generic cliched garbage. Better than Burn Halo, but so is every single other album released this year so far. Terrible. Anyone who wants it let me know.

So I actually got a free copy of this, and I honestly absolutely hate it. Generic cliched garbage. Better than Burn Halo, but so is every single other album released this year so far. Terrible. Anyone who wants it let me know.

snap it up guys...great album, with some decent GnR influences (not that crap off CD).

Tim.....shame on you.

'Generic' is a very easy word to use........like people who labelled 'Outloud' as generic. Well if generic means it kicks your arse to kingdom come, then im obviously a fan of generic rock :tumbsup:

snap it up guys...great album, with some decent GnR influences (not that crap off CD).

Tim.....shame on you.

'Generic' is a very easy word to use........like people who labelled 'Outloud' as generic. Well if generic means it kicks your arse to kingdom come, then im obviously a fan of generic rock :tumbsup:

Yep generic is a very easy word to use. It means copying a standard formula that's been used a zillion times before (and much better). This is not really modern rock at all, it's just boring and cliched 80's-sounding hard rock, and sounding like GnR is not a good thing IMO.

Stuff like Nural and Skillet pisses all over this.