published for now.

If I can ask one last favor from everyone, it would mean alot to me if you

would join my network on 'linkedin'. The link is

<xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx If

we are already connected, if you wouldn't mind reccommending me, I would be

eternally grateful! I will be happy to reciprocate and say a lot of kind

words about you as well!

I am in the process of starting the Teta Marketing Group, and I will be

repping some other magazines (some you may know, some may be a surprise.)

But I plan on sticking with this sales game for a while longer. After today,

I can be reached at xxxxxxxxxx (This may only be temporary).

It will be the best way to get in touch with me in regards to any questions

you may have in regards to Metal Maniacs and/or Edge. I will be working from

the office helping out with collections and final invoicing for the next

week or so.

Once I am up and running with my own gig, I will be reaching out to you, and

helping find new ways to actively market your bands and releases. I hope to

work with each and every one of you again in the future!

I am going to try and reach out to as many of you as possible, but that

would be simply impossible. I want to thank every advertiser I have had the

honor to work with over the last ten years. From the labels who have been

with me since 1999 to the one man band who spent $200 on a 1/9th page ad, I

THANK YOU!

Thanks,

Dov Teta

NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER

METAL MANIACS MAGAZINE / METAL EDGE MAGAZINE

Surprised they lasted this long... but sad news anyway. I did like Metal Edge for quite a period there where it was an essential monthly purchase.

I just remembered, Metal Edge was a major player in what got me into trading CDs overseas, and also buying from overseas shops - I think it was the Perris adds that got me buying from the US for the first time. Yeah, I did enjoy that magazine. Definitely lost a lot of appeal for me in recent years though...

Got this earlier today:

Hi Everyone

There is a good chance that word has started to spread around our small

metal world by now.

As of today, Metal Maniacs, as well as our sister mag, Metal Edge are

shutting our doors. I don't have all the answers as to why, but the economy

should shoulder a lot of the blame.! I'm trying to think of it as a hiatus,

and Liz and I are scrambling our brains as to find ways to keep the magazine

alive, but our March/April issue (on sale 2/24) will be the last issue

published for now.

<xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx If

words about you as well!

week or so.

THANK YOU!

Thanks,

Dov Teta

NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER

I can explain why...two reasons.

1. The internet

2. The magazine has sucked ass since the groupie whore left. Plain & simple....

I use to never miss an issue but they got further & further away from the bands I gave a shit about. I will always have a soft spot for them though...I've got a ton of issues from 1988 through 2002. Stopped buying them after that...

Got this earlier today:

Hi Everyone

There is a good chance that word has started to spread around our small

metal world by now.

As of today, Metal Maniacs, as well as our sister mag, Metal Edge are

shutting our doors. I don't have all the answers as to why, but the economy

should shoulder a lot of the blame.! I'm trying to think of it as a hiatus,

and Liz and I are scrambling our brains as to find ways to keep the magazine

alive, but our March/April issue (on sale 2/24) will be the last issue

published for now.

<xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx If

words about you as well!

week or so.

THANK YOU!

Thanks,

Dov Teta

NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER

I can explain why...two reasons.

1. The internet

2. The magazine has sucked ass since the groupie whore left. Plain & simple....

I use to never miss an issue but they got further & further away from the bands I gave a shit about. I will always have a soft spot for them though...I've got a ton of issues from 1988 through 2002. Stopped buying them after that...

I agree with both of those reasons.

Yes the economy sucks but you get new right away on the internet and not have to wait two months later.

Plus as Jarred says the Mag(Metal Edge at least) has been pretty bad for a while. Gargano did a good enough job mixing in the old with the new and always tried his best to give bands like LA Guns, Poison and Firehouse some press but it got to the point to where there just wasn't enough people left to care and the mag turned into a newer Metal mag, which I understand, but they lost me as a reader at that point.

That's a shame but not totally unexpected either. In this electronic age, music magazines are all but obsolete.

I haven't bought Metal Edge since around 2000 or so (they were putting Kid Rock, Creed and Limp Bizkit on the cover a little too often for my liking by that time) so honestly I say "good ridn'z" to that one.

Metal Maniacs was more my speed anyway. I was a reader of Maniacs up until about a year ago (then the store where I usually bought it suddenly stopped stocking it -- I guess I was the only one buyin' it!). I had been buying Maniacs regularly since its inception in '89 or so. I had numerous letters printed in their "Mail" section over the years, and even had some brief e-mail discussions with some of their staffers (Jeff Wagner and Ula Gehret) in the late 90s. (I tried to talk Jeff Wagner into giving me a freelance CD-reviewer gig for them, no dice though. Sigh. :( )

I still have a big box of back issues of both mags (as well as many others) in my closet that I like to rifle through and re-read every once in awhile.

That's a shame but not totally unexpected either. In this electronic age, music magazines are all but obsolete.

I haven't bought Metal Edge since around 2000 or so (they were putting Kid Rock, Creed and Limp Bizkit on the cover a little too often for my liking by that time) so honestly I say "good ridn'z" to that one.

Metal Maniacs was more my speed anyway. I was a reader of Maniacs up until about a year ago (then the store where I usually bought it suddenly stopped stocking it -- I guess I was the only one buyin' it!). I had been buying Maniacs regularly since its inception in '89 or so. I had numerous letters printed in their "Mail" section over the years, and even had some brief e-mail discussions with some of their staffers (Jeff Wagner and Ula Gehret) in the late 90s. (I tried to talk Jeff Wagner into giving me a freelance CD-reviewer gig for them, no dice though. Sigh. :( )

I still have a big box of back issues of both mags (as well as many others) in my closet that I like to rifle through and re-read every once in awhile.

I bought Maniacs every once in a while but what killed me about that mag was the Death and Black Metal which I can't stand. I always had a rule with that mag that if there was at least two to three article of bands I liked then I'd buy it, or at least one of Ronnie James Dio. But to often there wasn't anyone I liked. I always wished they only covered thrash, traditional, melodic and power metal. :banger:

I bought Maniacs every once in a while but what killed me about that mag was the Death and Black Metal which I can't stand. I always had a rule with that mag that if there was at least two to three article of bands I liked then I'd buy it, or at least one of Ronnie James Dio. But to often there wasn't anyone I liked. I always wished they only covered thrash, traditional, melodic and power metal. :banger:

They were doing a LOT of articles on black metal and metalcore during the last two years or so I was reading the mag regularly, which is why I didn't miss it terribly when it disappeared from the store I'd been buying it from. For a while there were some issues that didn't have a single damn band I gave a sh*t about in it, but I'd buy the ish anyway, pretty much out of sheer habit. Must've been some holdover behavior from my compulsive completist comic book collector days. :lol:

I gotta admit though, even though I wasn't interested in black metal at all, some of the interviews with the so-called "elite" black metal bands were hilarious... I swear, some of those guys shouldn't be walking around loose... :rofl2:

I used to love Metal Edge. Like you guys, I stopped buying it when the grunge started.

I ran hot and cold with Metal Edge over the years. I used to buy it all the time in the 80s of course, then dropped it in the early 90s when "the grunge" came in, as you said. I began picking it up again in the mid 90s when the KISS Reunion started cuz they were the only mag that was giving that tour major coverage month after month. After a couple of years (i.e. by the time the PSYCHO CIRCUS tour was done), Metal Edge went right back to the crapola so I ditched it. Though in one of my finest "letter writing crank" moments, I did get a letter printed in their mail column around 2000 or so ripping them a new ass for putting Rage Against the Machine on the cover (haha!) and then never bought an issue again after that.

:doh: I have had a subscription for many, many years and still do! :doh:

I agree with the comments that it is too nu metal but they have the occasional interview with the bands from our era that are still around. Plus, they have been including free cd's with each magazine for the last couple of years. They make ultra cool coasters for my bar :lol:

I wonder how many months I had left on my subscription? :crying:

I wonder how many months I had left on my subscription? :crying:

I wonder if you're going to get your money back? :blink:

They were doing a LOT of articles on black metal and metalcore during the last two years or so I was reading the mag regularly, which is why I didn't miss it terribly when it disappeared from the store I'd been buying it from. For a while there were some issues that didn't have a single damn band I gave a sh*t about in it, but I'd buy the ish anyway, pretty much out of sheer habit. Must've been some holdover behavior from my compulsive completist comic book collector days. :lol:

I gotta admit though, even though I wasn't interested in black metal at all, some of the interviews with the so-called "elite" black metal bands were hilarious... I swear, some of those guys shouldn't be walking around loose... :rofl2:

TROO BLACK METTLE WILL RULE...LOL yeah those guys/bands

have some very "out there" ideas and thoughts...some of the interviews

are so bizarre it makes you wonder if they were made up.. :rofl2:

I used to love Metal Edge. Like you guys, I stopped buying it when the grunge started.

I ran hot and cold with Metal Edge over the years. I used to buy it all the time in the 80s of course, then dropped it in the early 90s when "the grunge" came in, as you said. I began picking it up again in the mid 90s when the KISS Reunion started cuz they were the only mag that was giving that tour major coverage month after month. After a couple of years (i.e. by the time the PSYCHO CIRCUS tour was done), Metal Edge went right back to the crapola so I ditched it. Though in one of my finest "letter writing crank" moments, I did get a letter printed in their mail column around 2000 or so ripping them a new ass for putting Rage Against the Machine on the cover (haha!) and then never bought an issue again after that.

Metal Edge was still pretty much hair metal up until 1996 or so. After that it turned mega nu-metal, a lot of bands I can't stand. In the early '90's you probably stopped buying them because the Bulletboys were on the cover :)

Metal Edge was still pretty much hair metal up until 1996 or so. After that it turned mega nu-metal, a lot of bands I can't stand. In the early '90's you probably stopped buying them because the Bulletboys were on the cover :)

:rofl: I must've missed the issue with the BulletBoys on the cover... probably because you bought the entire print run and wallpapered your room with'em :blink:

:rofl: I must've missed the issue with the BulletBoys on the cover... probably because you bought the entire print run and wallpapered your room with'em :blink:

You got it ;) And that will never be as gay as you know who.. :whistle:

You-know-who at his absolute gayest was still more macho than Marq Torien at his absolute butchest. :whistle:

You-know-who at his absolute gayest was still more macho than Marq Torien at his absolute butchest. :whistle:

:rofl2: ...c'mon Norky G isn't that gay....is he?? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...