impulse music (Illinois)

I bought a couple of cd's online from them a few weeks back. didn't hear anything. I emailed them and was told they only had the cd single of one of the (2) I ordered and not the full disc.

I emailed back about the other disc I had ordered, never heard anything....

I have tried to call 3 or more times on different days and always seem to get a busy signal.

Anyone else have experiences with them? I would like to order more discs from them if they do "actually" have them and we can get this cleared up.

Rick

I bought a couple of cd's online from them a few weeks back. didn't hear anything. I emailed them and was told they only had the cd single of one of the (2) I ordered and not the full disc.

I emailed back about the other disc I had ordered, never heard anything....

I have tried to call 3 or more times on different days and always seem to get a busy signal.

Anyone else have experiences with them? I would like to order more discs from them if they do "actually" have them and we can get this cleared up.

Rick

I feel your pain man...

I have been ordering from Impulse for the last 3-4 years, and had never had a problem, until recently that is. I placed an order for 4 recent releases back on August 13th, and as of today, after many emails, and several calls that like yours have gone unanswered, I still do not have my order. I finally got an email reply from them earlier this week when I told them I was going to initiate a charge back via my Visa card (funny how quickly that got their attention), and supposedly they have now shipped my order for a second time (I don't believe that for a second). If I don't have the CDs by this upcoming Thursday, I'm nailing 'em. As it stands, I won't be ordering from them again; now the only question is if they get hit with a $25.00 charge back fee for my order.

Mike

UPDATE:

Received my order in today's mail; oddly enough, it was postmarked Sept. 19th, the same day I emailed and threatened them with the charge back... :loser: I'm done with Impulse... you should be able to get email responses and not have to resort to threats to get the merchandise you've ordered from ANY company.

Mike

I've been ordering from Impulse for more then 10 years and overall haven't had to many problems.

I did have an order that was lost in the mail about 2 years ago, and when it finally showed up it was post marked for the original day it was mailed.

The big complaints I have is when I have ordered cds from them and not all of them show up but instead there's a card that says that cd is out of stock. I don't know why they don't tell you that info in the email they send you, becuase if it's out of stock I would rather just order something else.

The other issue I have had is I had a question about the Hurricane 'Over the Edge' remaster I ordered from them and I sent an email with my questions but they never felt the need to respond.

I'm not sure if I'm done ordering from them or not but I have found it easier to order from them by phone that way you know if the cd you want is in stock or not. I think I'm gonna start placing the majority of my orders with NEH and maybe order something from Impulse when NEH doesn't have it.

Impulse is a shell of what they used to be. I had an issue with them about 3 months ago with a Gotthard CD I ordered. It will sound eerily familiar. A month later it still had not arrived, and my emails kept going unanswered. Finally I emailed them and said I was doing a credit card chargeback, and lo and behold I magically received a response within hours.

I guess they have a special filter on incoming email that only unblocks emails with either the word "chargeback" or "cocksucker" in it (I didn't really use the latter, but you get my drift... :lol: ).

I waited another two weeks for the promised CD (I'm less than a 3 hour drive from Impulse, so 2 weeks should have been plenty), and then said "Fuck this!" and made the chargeback.

Avoid.

-Dan

I have never ordered anything from Impulse because years ago I decided I'd try them out via a "free" sampler CD they offered in a magazine ad (I just had to send in $1 for postage). It took them THREE MONTHS to get that CD to me. By the time it arrived I'd completely forgotten that I even ordered it. Judging by that experience, I decided I'd steer well clear.

• 2023 Gold Donors
Impulse is a shell of what they used to be. I had an issue with them about 3 months ago with a Gotthard CD I ordered. It will sound eerily familiar. A month later it still had not arrived, and my emails kept going unanswered. Finally I emailed them and said I was doing a credit card chargeback, and lo and behold I magically received a response within hours.

I guess they have a special filter on incoming email that only unblocks emails with either the word "chargeback" or "cocksucker" in it (I didn't really use the latter, but you get my drift... :lol: ).

I waited another two weeks for the promised CD (I'm less than a 3 hour drive from Impulse, so 2 weeks should have been plenty), and then said "Fuck this!" and made the chargeback.

Avoid.

-Dan

impulse music can go to hell, i ordered 2 cds almost a year ago, paid by paypal, still haven´t got nothing. neither do they answer to e-mails

Dan & dokken,

Agree totally....its like pullin' f**king teeth to get those idiots to answer a d*mn email ! They have no problem taking your $ though.Questionable business ethics ...

Metal T

• 2023 Gold Donors

I used to order quit a bit of stuff from them back in the day (5-6 years ago). I never had any problems with them. I think I still have a couple of their old mail order booklets. I haven't tried ordering anything else from them and after reading these posts, I don't think I will.

Impulse Records ranks right up there with the worst of 'em. Tried dealing with them once about 6-7 years ago and they didn't have the CDs I wanted in stock, and when I tried contacting them about it, I got no response. Wasn't like the phone was busy when I called there...it just rang and rang and rang like either there was nobody there to answer the phone, or whoever was there to answer the phone just didn't give a rat's patootie.

After about a month, I finally received notice from them that the CDs were in stock and shipping. What they didn't tell me was that they were being shipped by Pony Express and that the only pony available at that time was apparently prone to taking a wrong turn...or two or three...because it was almost 6 weeks before that package showed up at my door.

Screw Impulse...I'll stick with NEH or AOR Heaven, both class acts.

• 1 month later...
Damnit!!!, I've got to get into the habit of searching HH before I put in orders :doh: .....now I'll have to wait and see if I'm one of the lucky ones to receive my order without hassle.... :cussing:

Did you at least get an email confirming your order?

How about CD Inzane?

I sent them an email about Crashdiet, saying I wanted the two CDs but I knew for a fact that it does not cost $13 to send a couple of CDs to Australia. I don't think they like me... but to be honest they can get f*cked if they want to try dodging up prices like that.