Another one pops out of the woodwork

Well.....here's another so called questionable reissue label that has popped out of the woodwork. Won't be long and everyone will have their own reissue label working in their bedrooms cranking out fantastic titles to put up on E Bay........

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZheartbrother2

Check out the name of his label..........

I notice everything he is selling is "reissued" copies....... some are even MAJOR label.

I gotta do a map seach and see where Celina, Texas is at......

Haha.....nah, I was just curious to see where these 'reissues' are coming from.

Looks like it's North of Dallas........

I may be mistaken but I think this is the same seller that also had the Keel boots that were coming out of Korea few months ago. He must be a distributor for these very legal Korean reissues.

• 2023 Gold Donors
I may be mistaken but I think this is the same seller that also had the Keel boots that were coming out of Korea few months ago. He must be a distributor for these very legal Korean reissues.

:agree: I wonder if these are radioactive booter's? :screwy: Definately would be "buy at your own risk" then. :wacko:

Maybe that's how North Korea is paying for its nuclear bomb program... by bootlegging, I mean "reissuing" CDs. :lol:

Maybe that's how North Korea is paying for its nuclear bomb program... by bootlegging, I mean "reissuing" CDs. :lol:

I can see the government warnings now..."If you buy bootlegged music, you are buying nuclear bombs for North Korea!" Reminds me of a pic I saw on the net a while back...

MP3_downloading_communism.jpg

LOL - Retro Records. You gotta be shitting me!! Anyone bought anything yet?

Check his feedback Sam... He's bought ALOT from you.... Think he'll Re-release your reissues?

Where's the PLEASE REPLY NOW guy??

These are some MEGA RARE CDs!!

Maybe we can sic him on this "Retro Records" dude and he'll leave poor Koogles alone, :lol:

I was checking out the Roughhouse CD from this guy. Been trying to get this for awhile now. I only have it on cassette. It's says re-issue but I've never heard of this CD being reissued by anybody.

I was checking out the Roughhouse CD from this guy. Been trying to get this for awhile now. I only have it on cassette. It's says re-issue but I've never heard of this CD being reissued by anybody.

If I am not mistaken, I thought the Roughhouse cd came out on Columbia?

The dead givaway (s) for me are the words "re-issue" and the creative non pictures of the actual CD's.

Yea, Roughhouse were on Columbia Records back in the day.

(On a side note, I saw them live once back then and quite frankly, they were God-awful, but that's neither here nor there.)

But I too noticed that the pictures in more than half of this guy's listings are merely photos of the bands, not pictures of actual CDs. I smell a rat!!

By the way, I picked up an original RC Records pressing of this guy's Hittman S/T album used for $2.98 three or four years ago. I don't think that one's particularly ULTRA MEGA RARE!!!

I have bought the following 3 releases from Retro Records

something wild - s/t

street toyz - some assembly required

stratosphere - the opening

The guy I deal with is a real cool person.

The CDs are very much in the style of Sam's Retropsect releases.

I am a fan of the music so I won't say anything about the CDRs.

:)

I have bought the following 3 releases from Retro Records

something wild - s/t

street toyz - some assembly required

stratosphere - the opening

The guy I deal with is a real cool person.

The CDs are very much in the style of Sam's Retropsect releases.

I am a fan of the music so I won't say anything about the CDRs.

Well, it was just a matter of time for people to follow up on the "limited 100 units" reissues fastbuck business scheme. I'm not surprised a bit, there will be more to come, no doubt.

:)

I don't know if that was a negative comment directed towards me Stormy , but whatever.

Nope, not particularly against you, it was more general comment towards the plague of cheap duplicated CDRs which sells anonimously for $40+ on eBay.

Anyway, since you happen to have plenty of those on your catalog and with the interesting TKO interview I happen to read recently, seems you got pretty good reason to taking it personally, I guess... :)

Yeh , obviously this guy got his ideas from me since he bought many cd's from me.

I wanna check one out.

Buy one, he probably purchased his releases at diskfaktory too, so they would be of the same quality, or maybe even pro-packs, who knows...

I have bought 6 discs through Retrorecords (one word).

The music sounds decent, but the artwork looks REALLY cheap.

Definitely CDRs, IMO. Truthfully, this is not what I was expecting. Still not sure if I will pursue this matter or if I will be satisfied with the music.

I got:

Street Toyz - Some Assembly Required

Brass Kitten - EZN Pretty

Ript - s/t

Noize Toys - Fallin in Lust

Heist - High Heel Heaven

Roxxi - Drive It to Ya Hard

Hi Tim , good to see you here. How do they compare to the Retrospect stuff?

STORMY...

"Nope, not particularly against you, it was more general comment towards the plague of cheap duplicated CDRs which sells anonimously for $40+ on eBay."

I am not gonna start anything silly , but I told you many many moons ago that most people care about the music , one day some people will understand that. I am not going to get into this now though as I am on the fence about certain issues.

I am not gonna start anything silly , but I told you many many moons ago that most people care about the music , one day some people will understand that. I am not going to get into this now though as I am on the fence about certain issues.

True music is what brought most of us together on this board, HOWEVER. I can get a cover scan and a burnt cdr from 99% of the people that visit this board and it don't cost me a thing.

True music is what brought most of us together on this board, HOWEVER. I can get a cover scan and a burnt cdr from 99% of the people that visit this board and it don't cost me a thing.

....and I'm glad you are in the minority Martin - judging from Retrospect sales in the past year most people actually like supporting the bands instead of fucking them through file-sharing.....

....and I'm glad you are in the minority Martin - judging from Retrospect sales in the past year most people actually like supporting the bands instead of fucking them through file-sharing.....

Now, now, now Sammy!! We all already know that you are a master in the fine arts of selling cdr's and "fucking over the artists".

Trading a cdr here and there is not screwing over an artist who released 500 cd's 20 years ago...Selling that artists cd in cdr form for $30 + (w/o sharing it with the artist) under numerous Ebay alias' is.