People Wanting To Trade To Reissue Bootlegs

About 8 years ago, I posted a list of demos, CD's and records I owned. (remember when bragging as such was a "cool" thing to do?) Apparently the list is still floating in cyberspace with an old e-mail address I use on occasion. Recently, I have been receiving some very demanding e-mails from some folks insisting that I send them CDr's of titles of mine that are out of print and demos that were barely released except to friends and family. Several are out of Eastern Europe (which are obviously bootleggers) and one of the guys is someone named "Sean Kaufmann". Is he a legit guy or is this a front for the Retrospect Records gang reissuing everything under the sun? I don't do trade mainly because it is a pain in the butt and I got burned by that Manny Comres cornhole pretty bad a decade ago. Thank you. Mertz

Bwahahahahaha! One of those guys you mention was posting on this board for a while under the name "THUNDER21" ...

Did he ask you to PLEASE REPLY NOW? I hope for your sake that you didn't... cuz Koogles apparently gets dozens of e-mails from that dude...

• 2 weeks later...

I got four more emails from Sean this afternoon:

TONY,

DOES HOUSE OF LORDS-WORLD UPSIDE DOWN THE BEST MELODIC/AOR ALBUM EVER?. IS IT BETTER THAN WHITESNAKE 1987 AND BON JOVI-SLIPPERY WHEN WET?. PLEASE REPLY NOW.

SEAN KAUFMAN

I said it was the best AOR album ever and he should buy 4000 copies of it. Expect "World Upside Down" to debut on next week's Billboard Top 200 at #153 based on strong regional sales from the state of Florida. :)

I got four more emails from Sean this afternoon:

TONY,

DOES HOUSE OF LORDS-WORLD UPSIDE DOWN THE BEST MELODIC/AOR ALBUM EVER?. IS IT BETTER THAN WHITESNAKE 1987 AND BON JOVI-SLIPPERY WHEN WET?. PLEASE REPLY NOW.

SEAN KAUFMAN

I said it was the best AOR album ever and he should buy 4000 copies of it. Expect "World Upside Down" to debut on next week's Billboard Top 200 at #153 based on strong regional sales from the state of Florida. :)

:rofl2:

About 8 years ago, I posted a list of demos, CD's and records I owned. (remember when bragging as such was a "cool" thing to do?) Apparently the list is still floating in cyberspace with an old e-mail address I use on occasion. Recently, I have been receiving some very demanding e-mails from some folks insisting that I send them CDr's of titles of mine that are out of print and demos that were barely released except to friends and family. Several are out of Eastern Europe (which are obviously bootleggers) and one of the guys is someone named "Sean Kaufmann". Is he a legit guy or is this a front for the Retrospect Records gang reissuing everything under the sun? I don't do trade mainly because it is a pain in the butt and I got burned by that Manny Comres cornhole pretty bad a decade ago. Thank you. Mertz

Mertz , I don't really know what you are suggesting when you ask if Sean Kaufman is a 'front for Retrospect re-issuing everything under the sun' , but I find plenty of bands on my own thanks.

What do you mean exactly?

PLEASE REPLY NOW.