Nelson - After The Rain

your choice  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some filler in this album but some good tunes too. More than Ever got my vote. I bet the Nelson brothers drink pink fluffy drinks like Geoff!!!! Pretty boys! :D

Actually, my favorite song is on the Japan version. Come to think of it, my two favorite songs are both bonus tracks. Too Many Dreams & Keep One Heart.....

JL

Some filler in this album but some good tunes too.  More than Ever got my vote.  I bet the Nelson brothers drink pink fluffy drinks like Geoff!!!!  Pretty boys!  :D

What filler?

JL

Some filler in this album but some good tunes too.  More than Ever got my vote.  I bet the Nelson brothers drink pink fluffy drinks like Geoff!!!!  Pretty boys!  :D

What filler?

JL

There is no filler on this cd.

My fav has always been " Will you love me? "

I've always likened this album to a less ballsier version of Tyketto's debut. Some stunning songs, but IMO there are definately some fillers. 'Love and affection' and 'After the rain' are on par with my pick, but for today I went with 'Bits and pieces'. I love voting before you read any comments or see results, it's amazing how you can be surprised sometimes. No one else picked this song. Odd.

In regards to the filler statement, I reckon these ones are fillers: 'I Can Hardly Wait', 'More Than Ever', 'Desire', 'Fill You Up', 'Everywhere I Go', 'Will You Love Me?'. I still like the album, but like Tyketto, there are definately some tracks here that don't stand up to the better ones, IMO of course. :)

The title-track for me. Great CD.

• 1 year later...

Very good album! My 2 favs from that one are "After The Rain" & "Love & Affection". I voted for "Love & Affection"!

The vocals are awsome on that one!

Admittedly, Nelson lean toward being lighter than what I usually listen to, but the songs on this debut are just too darn catchy to ignore, so it remains in my collection and gets spun every once in awhile. The chorus hook for "Love and Affection" is simply undeniable, so that got my vote, but pretty much every song has something to offer, though obviously some are far superior to others.

I used to have a running joke around here that said AOR stands for "Allen Only Rejects," but for Nelson, I've made an exception. :)

The title track is my favourite, strangely enough there's a shop around where I live also called After the Rain, wonder if the owner got the name from this? :P

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...