Favorite Iced Earth Album?

What is your favorite Iced Earth Studio Album?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Iced Earth have been one of my favorite bands for a LOOOOONG time so I figured I'd throw this question out to the H.H. 'banger community ... which is the best CD in their catalog? They've had a lot of different singers and musicians pass thru the ranks over the years, showcasing a lot of different styles and moods. My pick: SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES, although THE GLORIOUS BURDEN is a close second and the under-rated BURNT OFFERINGS ranks highly as well.

By the way, before anybody sez "You forgot 'Days of Purgatory!', I left that one off the list since it is, essentially, a compilation album of previously released material, even if it *was* doctored up in the studio with new vocals. So there. It's my poll, I make the rules here. :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pick Stormspell... I understand that Jon Schaffer absolutely HATES that album, but I really dig it and I guess it's more of a cult item amongst some fans. When I saw I.E. on the Horror Show tour in 2002, BURNT OFFERINGS was the only album that wasn't represented in the set, they played stuff off of everything else but skipped BURNT OFFERINGS. I was a lil' disappointed

Ha, I got lucky cuz I was introduced to I.E. with the first album, just a little bit late. It was probably '95 or so and I found it at a Record & CD swap meet for two bucks. (! best two bucks I ever spent!) It was in a big milk crate full of death metal CDs, all still in the old long boxes, but I'd read about Iced Earth in a couple of zines so I figured I'd give them a shot. THE DARK SAGA came out a few months after that so I was well and truly hooked from then on. The rest is history!!

Hello all i put dark saga....it is my fave IE cd....i actually learned to play every song on that cd and i assume taht is why i put it...also on the song I Died for You...the drumming is very reminiscent of Queensryche imo...

Nice pick Mr. Obscura (can I call you anubae?)... so far after a week's worth of votes we have GLORIOUS BURDEN and SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES in a tie for first. Will somebody pleeeze break this tie so the world will know which Iced Earth CD can claim superiority???

Nice pick Mr. Obscura (can I call you anubae?)... so far after a week's worth of votes we have GLORIOUS BURDEN and SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES in a tie for first. Will somebody pleeeze break this tie so the world will know which Iced Earth CD can claim superiority???

Call him Mr. Hartford USA.

Ok, I suppose the above comment was only funny to me and possibly Anubae.

:lol:

Absolutely...anubae...anubis...mr hartford as MJ sez...chad...its all good :) can i vote again to break the tie

Call him Mr. Hartford USA.

Ok, I suppose the above comment was only funny to me and possibly Anubae.

lol....i didnt put any IE on that DVD but can if u want

i think J will like what i did put on it....some stuff different than he would typically listen to....how ya been

i think J will like what i did put on it....some stuff different than he would typically listen to....how ya been

Doin' great, thanks!! ;) Welcome back!! :D

Doin' great, thanks!! ;) Welcome back!! :D

Cool....ive been away so long i forgot i was already a member...lol......

I went with the Glorious Burden. Something Wicked was a close 2nd.

Glorious Burden and Something Wicked are STILL tied at 5 votes apiece!

Glorious Burden and Something Wicked are now tied at SIX votes apiece! This is turning into a real horse race, folks!!

Glorious Burden and Something Wicked are now tied at SIX votes apiece! This is turning into a real horse race, folks!!

Hey Freddy I think it's time for a Jag Panzer poll.

Good idea, Heaven & Hell! Watch this space cuz I'll whip one up when I have a minute (unless you want to take that one?)

Hey Freddy I think it's time for a Jag Panzer poll.

Good idea, Heaven & Hell! Watch this space cuz I'll whip one up when I have a minute (unless you want to take that one?)

I'll give you the honors. Youv'e done so well at coming up with these Metal polls.

Have we done a Testament poll yet?

No Testament poll yet but that's a good idea too! I'll have to get to that one later as well...

No Testament poll yet but that's a good idea too! I'll have to get to that one later as well...

How about an Anthrax poll- Bush vs Belladona. My vote's with Bush.

I don't think we've done a Helloween poll either.

Looks like I got me some poll arrangin' to do!