I love the harmonica in rock music.

Dave

I love the harmonica in Rock/Blues-Rock but don't know of that much except the odd track here and there but does anyone know of some great albums that contain a fair bit of Harmonica ?????? :drink:

Check out Bruce Springsteen. Darkness On The Edge Of Town and especially The River is a great example!

Off the top of my head I am drawing a blank for specific tracks but I know there are a few Kix songs that have a good dose of harmonica.

Faster Pussycat's "House of Pain".....well...at least in the beginning!! :lol:

I was gonna recommend Kix too but Blue Tequila beat me to it!

But how about cowbell? Everything neeeeeeeeds more cowbell!

"I have a FEVER... and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!"

I'm sorry Dave, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Seriously. I just couldn't resist. If I DO think of some other bands with bitchin' harmonica (besides the aforementioned Kix), I will definitely mention them next time... just too damned tired to think right now :)

Shadowland has Robert Plant playing the harmonica on My Escape

You might want to check out American Blues Box

Mississippi Mud

http://americanbluesbox.com/

Thanks for the link mate :drink:

Plenty of harmonica on a plethora (what a great word!) of Aerosmith tracks. Big 10" Record is one of my faves featuring said instrument.

PIG IRON - THE LAW AND THE ROAD ARE ONE is a must for anyone who likes a bit of harmonica blended in with hard rock :bananamac:

• 10 months later...

Found this and i must say it sounds good.

http://nehrecords.com/Audio/MP3Files/Tempe...20Split%201.mp3

Group is TEMPESTA, album is FULL TIME JOKER , track is BLUESMAN

• 1 year later...

What about everyone's favourite band, Poison?? Bret Michaels was a demon on the harmonica. Hard to think of the songs off the top of my head, but I know 'Good love' was definitely one. I know he rips out the harmonica on the '7 Days Live' video and goes for it. Pretty sure there's at least one track with harmonica on it on all Poison discs aside from the debut. I think...

They your favourite band now, Dave?

What about everyone's favourite band, Poison?? Bret Michaels was a demon on the harmonica. Hard to think of the songs off the top of my head, but I know 'Good love' was definitely one. I know he rips out the harmonica on the '7 Days Live' video and goes for it. Pretty sure there's at least one track with harmonica on it on all Poison discs aside from the debut. I think...

Correct you are Geoff.... I love it when Bret plays the harmonica. That means he isn't singing.

I mean... Bret plays circles around Steve Whiteman... :whistle:

:popcorn:

Correct you are Geoff.... I love it when Bret plays the harmonica. That means he isn't singing.

Bret Michaels snoring is a better singing voice than Steve Whiteman. Again, as much as I love Kix, he's one of the weaker vocalists I've heard. ;)

Bret Michaels snoring is a better singing voice than Steve Whiteman. Again, as much as I love Kix, he's one of the weaker vocalists I've heard. ;)

Coming from you... I'm sure Steve would take that as a compliment. :tumbsup:

Coming from you... I'm sure Steve would take that as a compliment. :tumbsup:

What a funny ol' world. I actually typed a response completely separate to this - about 'House of pain', only to look back over the thread to see Jim's already mentioned it.

I didn't reply to this because probably the most infuriating "discussion" I've ever had on this board was (no, amazingly so, is was not with Jez!!!) that one with Mark (amazingly so, it was not a religious discussion!!) about the Miss Crazy vocalist.

I'm not going to waste more time with jokers who can't admit when something they listen to may not be perfect. ;) Mate, you love Steve Whiteman, I like him and Kix a lot... but he is a shit vocalist. Yes, we can all still like him, we can all still like his voice - it doesn't change that... but he has a bad voice. :D

• 1 month later...

You should track down a cd that ive submitted a few times to HH, but it never seems to get taken seriously, its a Bryan Portera group,(SingSing, London Drive) it's called Motherlode - Fingerpaint, it was released in 96, and features some awesome Harmonica riffs, they fit in perfectly to the heavy style of the band that went on to become Load, Point, Pull! if any of you are familiar with them. should check it out.