nitro_music

what do people make of this seller?

Nitro_music

Yet another seller who is registered in Engliand and sells on behalf of someone shipping from Russia.

At least this guy sells for cheap "buy it now" prices and will give some competition to the greedy auction style powersellers :P

haha youll never let me forget that will you!

apart from just expecting an email when they recevied and sent cd, i thought metal ages was great!

I guess there is some valid explanation why they goofed out on me, but probably it will remain secret forever... :huhsign:

Anyway, if you order something from nitro, keep us posted.

ive contacted several of the people who have left good feedback after buying from this guy - all of which are in countries such as Germany (where he apparently doesnt send to). they have all said they trust the seller, but he didnt send to their country and they received their money back ....

hmmmm.. id like to hear from someone from the US, or similar

opinions anyone?

I bought LORDI: "Get Heavy" from his eBay store last week. He contacted me immediately with payment instructions, contacted me again once I had sent payment by PayPal, then contacted me again the next day to say the CD had been shipped. So, in the contact department, he's top-notch.

Of course, all of that don't mean jack-squat if the CD never arrives! :P

Will keep you posted, but for what it's worth, I don't get a bad vibe from this guy. (Yes, I know, my vibes aren't worth much... :anon: )

What a coincidence !! This thread , I mean ... !

Just 2 days ago I bought the "Pendragon - The Window of Life" CD from this guy. He sent the confirmation straight away, but only here I saw that this guy does not ship to Germany.

Probably my fault, but I just did not read the description right to the end as at the top it says shipping worldwide.

I don't quite understand why he excludes half of Europe.

I sent him 2 emails to explain and to ask how to proceed, but received no reply so far.

What should I do ? Any idea anyone ?? Can I cancel my bid ?

Just 2 days ago I bought the "Pendragon - The Window of Life" CD from this guy. He sent the confirmation straight away, but only here I saw that this guy does not ship to Germany.

Probably my fault, but I just did not read the description right to the end as at the top it says shipping worldwide.

I sent him 2 emails to explain and to ask how to proceed, but received no reply so far.

Just let it go. I'm taking a wild guess here, but I think Germany is one of the EU countries which already took some measures against Russian import CDs and German customs are monitoring the incoming packages from Russia and bounce them back. That's probably why the seller doesnt want to deal with Germany - his packages cant make it through without problems.

Just let it go. I'm taking a wild guess here, but I think Germany is one of the EU countries which already took some measures against Russian import CDs and German customs are monitoring the incoming packages from Russia and bounce them back. That's probably why the seller doesnt want to deal with Germany - his packages cant make it through without problems.

Thanks, Iordan ! Makes sense.

So I don't do anything. I just wait for his reply and definitely do not pay. Let's see .. I will let you know what happens.

I bought LORDI: "Get Heavy" from his eBay store last week.  He contacted me immediately with payment instructions, contacted me again once I had sent payment by PayPal, then contacted me again the next day to say the CD had been shipped.  So, in the contact department, he's top-notch.

Will keep you posted, but for what it's worth, I don't get a bad vibe from this guy.  (Yes, I know, my vibes aren't worth much... :anon: )

well he has 100% feedback - im so tempted!!

So I don't do anything. I just wait for his reply and definitely do not pay. Let's see .. I will let you know what happens.

That's what I'd do, yes

I wouldnt pay unless he writes and explicitly agrees to fulfill the payment.

I bought LORDI: "Get Heavy" from his eBay store last week.  He contacted me immediately with payment instructions, contacted me again once I had sent payment by PayPal, then contacted me again the next day to say the CD had been shipped.  So, in the contact department, he's top-notch.

Will keep you posted, but for what it's worth, I don't get a bad vibe from this guy.  (Yes, I know, my vibes aren't worth much... :anon: )

well he has 100% feedback - im so tempted!!

You probably will receive your purchase, but as said it will be Russian pressing.

If you are okay with this, go for it, after all paying upfront $4.95 is way better than bidding to $10+ for the same CD (besides, if shipped directly from Russia they may come to you shrinkwrapped)

is the quality of russian releases any less in general?

On the licensed not, sometimes they even come in better packaging than the respective originals.

On the bootlegs it depends, some are decent, some are subpar.

I havent bothered buying licensed/boot Russian CDs for very long time now, except for their own band's releases which are all great productionwise, even the indy labels keep amazing standard (everyone who got Conquest CD can confirm that).

i think u r talking me into this...

No no, to the contrary, I officially discourage you not to buy :). I dont endorse gray/black market, so dont do it. Remember that funny picture - "by buying Russian cds you're endorsing KOMMUNISM." Now, you dont want to live in a kommunist country, arent you? :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

OK, just to give ya'll an update on this seller, I can now verify that, as suspected, the CDs he's selling are Russian versions, so those who are bothered by that hideously evil phenomenon known as Russian imports should beware. :yikes: You should also be aware that it will take approximately 3 weeks to receive your CD, which may be fine for you patient folks, but is longer than this impatient, I-want-it-now sumbitch is willing to wait, so I will probably (never) buy from Nitro Music again. :doh:

On the positive side, the LORDI: "Get Heavy" CD I bought from him really rocks! :banger:

OK, just to give ya'll an update on this seller, I can now verify that, as suspected, the CDs he's selling are Russian versions, so those who are bothered by that hideously evil phenomenon known as Russian imports should beware. :yikes: You should also be aware that it will take approximately 3 weeks to receive your CD, which may be fine for you patient folks, but is longer than this impatient, I-want-it-now sumbitch is willing to wait, so I will probably (never) buy from Nitro Music again. :doh:

On the positive side, the LORDI: "Get Heavy" CD I bought from him really rocks! :banger:

Did they came in jewel cases and in unopened sealed condition?