Vain - All Those Strangers

glam_junkie

I will read this in full tomorrow, but I can start out by saying that this is pretty good news. Only for the fact that this is ONE OF THE BEST F*CKING ALBUMS EVER RECORDED!!! EVER!!!

I kinda don't mind it. :D Great news. I've wanted to hear something better than the demo quality stuff for ages!

That's awesome! :woot: In hindsight I feel kinda bad now for shelling out $20 for a silver pressed demo but my joy in knowing there will be an official release overshadows that by a mile!

Also, in the article they talk about a band called Killingbird doing a remake of Vain's "Beat The Bullet". If anyone is interested you can download the song here:

http://www.myspace.com/killingbird

• 3 months later...

Hmmmm ... no new news on this huh .... man id love a official copy as well !

I just sent an email to the address on his official site asking if there was a release date yet for the project. In the meantime, I noticed on the message board there are several live shows and demos that are available for download:

http://com5.runboard.com/bvainmessageboards.fresurrection

Enjoy!

I just sent an email to the address on his official site asking if there was a release date yet for the project. In the meantime, I noticed on the message board there are several live shows and demos that are available for download:

Enjoy!

I tried to download that stuff but I don't think it's available now.

Here's a link to Vain's my space page. They have a couple of friends that are former bandmembers including original drummer Tom Rickard, if you click on him you can listen to some of his songs, it seems he's went into some type of country direction.

http://www.myspace.com/vainkeepshiningon

Enjoy!

I tried to download that stuff but I don't think it's available now.

Here's a link to Vain's my space page. They have a couple of friends that are former bandmembers including original drummer Tom Rickard, if you click on him you can listen to some of his songs, it seems he's went into some type of country direction.

http://www.myspace.com/vainkeepshiningon

Just downloading the Nottingham show and it seems fine.

• 3 years later...

This release must have went by the boards huh?

I am looking for a high quality version of the mp3's of this cd or the CD itself I guess. I see someone on Ebay has 9 burned copies for sale and I asked about them and she said they are high quality. I dunno. Anyone have any opinions or can lead me in the right direction?

I do have the 128 bit rate version of the songs on MP3 and the quality sucks but the songs are great...I wish this would just get released so we could buy it.

As far as I know, there aren't any really good quality copies of these songs going around. The version I have isn't terrible, but I would LOVE to see this released properly.

I've got a great version on CDR but the running order is wrong compared to the promo cassettes that sneaked out.

The sound is really really good, and I just set the CD player to play it in the correct order.

Sure beats the version I downloaded off Napster ab-so-lute-ly years ago....which took me 2 weekends...hahaha!

But an official release is way overdue.

I've got a great version on CDR but the running order is wrong compared to the promo cassettes that sneaked out.

The sound is really really good, and I just set the CD player to play it in the correct order.

Sure beats the version I downloaded off Napster ab-so-lute-ly years ago....which took me 2 weekends...hahaha!

But an official release is way overdue.

I just grabbed a copy off an Ebay seller. He says it is from the promo cassette, track order is correct and he sent me a sample that sounds WAY better than what I have. $9, with more available.

But yeah, somebody just officially release it already!

As far as I know, there aren't any really good quality copies of these songs going around. The version I have isn't terrible, but I would LOVE to see this released properly.

I'll post back on the cd I get once I receive it. The sample he sent me was pretty decent.

I'll post back on the cd I get once I receive it. The sample he sent me was pretty decent.

Nice. That'd be awesome. Thanks!

I remember reading sometime post 2007 that the masters were lost and without some finanicial backing they would stay that way (Think it was on that vain fan website/board).

So odd that Davy Vain in 2006 would state its coming soon.

When Vain toured the UK a few years ago, my mate promoted a couple of the gigs. Davy Vain at that time didn't have a copy of All Those Strangers on any format. He didn't even own the rights to NR!!!

I remember reading sometime post 2007 that the masters were lost and without some finanicial backing they would stay that way (Think it was on that vain fan website/board).

When Vain toured the UK a few years ago, my mate promoted a couple of the gigs. Davy Vain at that time didn't have a copy of All Those Strangers on any format. He didn't even own the rights to NR!!!

IMO the last few vain/davy cds were just ok at best, so I don't expect anything else of real quality to come out from the band.

Hope they put their energy into releasing this.

IMO the last few vain/davy cds were just ok at best, so I don't expect anything else of real quality to come out from the band.

I bed to differ. I felt that "On the Line" is/was one great cd IMO.

The solo disc "In From Out of Nowhere" was good but not great but I loved "Fade" and "Move on It" as well as "No Respect" of course.

I bed to differ. I felt that "On the Line" is/was one great cd IMO.

The solo disc "In From Out of Nowhere" was good but not great but I loved "Fade" and "Move on It" as well as "No Respect" of course.

I have enjoyed everything from Vain but I completely understand where Rob is coming from.

In all honesty, 'No Respect', 'All those strangers' and 'Move on it' are all perfect albums. There is not a filler on all three and I cannot fault them at all.

'Fade' is a great disc and has some really excellent stuff on it... but also a couple of not-so-awesome songs. First signs of filler creeping into a Vain disc, although it's still easily my 4th favourite from the guys. 'In from out of nowhere' has it's moments and I do thoroughly enjoy the disc, but it definitely doesn't hold up to the Vain discs. The first song is killer, though. And 'On the line' is another very strong CD. All the songs are pretty damn good, but there are no real stand-out highlights whereas there was barely anything that wasn't a stand-out of the first three discs.

So, in summary, I don't think Vain have ever sucked and I love all albums I have from them (and Davy's solo) but I think it'd be hard to argue that the last three are nowhere near as good as the first three.