Night Ranger

Leykis101

Yesterday I bought 7, I had never heard it or Neverland before, I was so disgusted and let down I took it back and lied to the store, I told them It wouldnt work in my car, so they let me trade it, *(I got a new copy of Big Life) my question is Neverland this bad? I understand allot of people liked 7 so an unbiased opinion on Neverland is basically what im after, before I throw hard earned bucks down on it. Thanks

Neverland is excellent, as mentioned, definately Night Ranger in sound and was one of my favourite albums of that year. Saying that I thought Seven was excellent aswell, so ignore my opinion!

Neverland is excellent, as mentioned, definately Night Ranger in sound and was one of my favourite albums of that year. Saying that I thought Seven was excellent aswell, so ignore my opinion!

I found 7 suffered the same thing that the second wildside cd sufferred from, as well as Warrants Ultraphobic, like they left their roots, in search of the new sound, I couldnt even tell I was listening to Night Ranger, thats why I hated it, it just sounded like they put something out and didnt put any heart behind it, their were no, Color of your smile, or don't tell me you love me, quality songs on it, it all just sounded like one big song to me, and it wasnt a good song, but if neverland has the sound of Night Ranger, the one I like, I'll definetly check it out

I wouldn't say Seven was as bad as Wildside's second or Warrant's Ultraphobic, but it's definitely the weakest NR title in the catalog. Neverland is much more like the NR you know and love. Buy it, you'll love it!!!

Feedin' Off the Mojo (1995) is worth seeking out too... even though there are lots of absences in the Night Ranger roll call, it's still way better than Seven.

I actually thought 'Seven' was a pretty decent album. It seemed much more consistent than 'Neverland'. I'm not a fan of the majority of 'Neverland', but I must admit that 'Forever all over again' - the opening song - is one of the best melodic rock songs I've ever heard in my life.

So in answer to your question, if you don't like 'Seven' I'm not sure you'll like 'Neverland'. It is worth it for the first song, though, IMO.

In my opinion Seven was a very good album, Sign of the times for ex. is a typical Nightranger hard rocker(nice lyric), Kong is so funny, sole survivor has a fantastic hook and a great lyric, power to the peace sign too. In my opinion seven was better then Neverland.

Ultraphobic, the second wild side, carnival of souls from Kiss and Generation swine from Motley were a big dissapointment for me, But 7 sound great, to my ears has nothing to do with those crappy albums. :homer:

I also have to say that I like Seven alot. Panic in Jane, Sign of the Times and Peace Sign are all excellent.

I took allot of sh&t for this, but I originally purchased Feeding Off The Mojo the day it came out, I had no idea it was coming out, nor had I heard anything about it, just saw it and got it, I noticed before I even listened to it that their were only 3 band members, and I had never seen one of them before, I tracked thru it, and was semi impressed, then I got to Tell Me Im Wrong!!! that moment was when I new it was a keeper, as well as when they FINALLY!!! kick in Music Box, to this day it's one of my favorite CD's, I think if they would have called themeselves something other then Night Ranger it would have got rave reviews, but I havent seen really anything other then negative about it, I consider this album 100000Xs better then what I heard on 7, they should have kept that Moon dude as part of Night Ranger,

I actually thought 'Seven' was a pretty decent album. It seemed much more consistent than 'Neverland'. I'm not a fan of the majority of 'Neverland', but I must admit that 'Forever all over again' - the opening song - is one of the best melodic rock songs I've ever heard in my life.

So in answer to your question, if you don't like 'Seven' I'm not sure you'll like 'Neverland'. It is worth it for the first song, though, IMO.

I liked neither "7" nor "Neverland" (although - as per Geoff's comments - the opening tune is truly worth the entry price alone), nor did I like "Feeding off the Mojo". None of these have the true Night Ranger sound to me; the 3-part harmonies & the glorious lead guitar work. Make sure you have all their other albums before even considering these 3 IMO....

Very interesting peoples opinions, as I thought 'Mojo' was pretty weak throughout and I still consider it way their weakest album . Each to their own I guess, but I definately spin 'Seven' a hell of a lot more than 'Mojo'!!!

:drink:

Oh, let me tell you all this.

I was having a discussion with another person on another board in a thread titled best guitarest, or something like that. the original poster listed a long list of guitar players and wanted in order of who you thought was best. this list contained the name Kurt Cobain. It had a few good names to it but it also lacked a many names including Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhodes, Zakk Wylde......So I responded with a "you left out these guys" type of response. I also included Jeff Watson and Brad Gillis, Vito Bratta and a bunch of others. Some other guy comes into the discussion and ask "both guys from Night Ranger?" we have this back and forth and he finally says that Jeff and Brad are mediocre players in a mediocre band.

Oh, let me tell you all this.

I was having a discussion with another person on another board in a thread titled best guitarest, or something like that. the original poster listed a long list of guitar players and wanted in order of who you thought was best. this list contained the name Kurt Cobain. It had a few good names to it but it also lacked a many names including Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhodes, Zakk Wylde......So I responded with a "you left out these guys" type of response. I also included Jeff Watson and Brad Gillis, Vito Bratta and a bunch of others. Some other guy comes into the discussion and ask "both guys from Night Ranger?" we have this back and forth and he finally says that Jeff and Brad are mediocre players in a mediocre band.

There Now! that's why this is the only board id ever do a best guitarist poll on, I almost did that poll, but both Night Ranger guitarist serve their own purpose in the band and decided it was really unimportant, im a guitar player myself, you can still rock in america was the first song I ever played at a recital, they are two very talented guitarists who play complicated riffs, at times they don't but when they do, they really do, but they wouldnt be anywhere if they hadnt had studied the technical and complexed guitar theory writtten by Kurt Cobain!!! and I think we all understand that???

• 2 years later...

Seven is a very good album as is Neverland. :bowdown:

Some great songs on it - Panic In Jane & Soul Survivor being a couple to go on with!

Feeding Off The Mojo is one I`ve had since it was released and never liked it until earlier this year, quite underrated if given a realistic chance!

I found 7 suffered the same thing that the second wildside cd sufferred from, as well as Warrants Ultraphobic, like they left their roots, in search of the new sound, I couldnt even tell I was listening to Night Ranger, thats why I hated it, it just sounded like they put something out and didnt put any heart behind it, their were no, Color of your smile, or don't tell me you love me, quality songs on it, it all just sounded like one big song to me, and it wasnt a good song

Ditto. Word to your mother. Nice synopsis. I like Neverland. It's not up to snuff with their first four albums but it has the NR sound.

For me, Seven is miles above Neverland, containing 7 to 9 tracks I consider to be worthy of inclusion on my playlist - although I must state that my very favorite track off either album is As Always I Remain from Neverland. Having said that, New York Time is the only other track from Neverland on that playlist. Feeding Off The Mojo has 6 absolute keepers I must have on my list, and anyone refusing to listen to this album because of a difference in personnel is merely depriving themself of Gary Moon's impressive talents. I found Neverland to be lacking in heavier numbers; something that just can't be said about Seven. I consider myself a Night Ranger fan, but Hole In The Sun is a real head-scratcher for me - even more inconsistent than Neverland, and surprisingly dull.

Wow! I really like Hole in the Sun, and Neverland and Seven ... not keen on Mojo though....it got some good reviews when it came out but I was like wha??? It wasn't a case of personel changes either...I just didn't think it was up to much. I gave it a spin a few months back and it still leaves me disappointed.

Wow! I really like Hole in the Sun, and Neverland and Seven ... not keen on Mojo though....it got some good reviews when it came out but I was like wha??? It wasn't a case of personel changes either...I just didn't think it was up to much. I gave it a spin a few months back and it still leaves me disappointed.

Leave it for 10+ years, it worked for me Nick :tumbsup:

• 1 year later...

I just got an urge to listen to some Night Ranger a couple days ago. I knew I made my own "best of " disc a few years ago. So I went looking in my cd wallets till I found it. Man, what a great band they are. been listening to the disc 3 days straight now. here is the track list it has on it. It isn't a GREATEST HITS, it is really the songs you don't hear anywhere that I really liked on the cd's. the Greatest Hits I can pull out a couple cd's to listhen to them.

Young Girl In Love (Dawn Patrol)

Penny (Dawn Patrol)

7 Wishes (7 Wishes)

Better Let It Go (Big Life)

Reason To Be (Man In Motion)

This Boy Needs to Rock (7 Wishes)

At Night She Sleeps (Dawn Patrol)

Four In the Morning (7 Wishes)

Interstate Love Affair (7 Wishes)

Call My Name (Dawn Patrol)

Do You Feel Like I Do / Tomorrow Never Knows (Feeding Off The Mojo)

Hearts Away (Big Life)

Don't Start Thinking (I'm Alone Tonight (Man In Motion)

Secret Of My Success (Big Life)

Let Him Run (Midnight Madness)

Play Rough (Dawn Partol)

Sentimantal Street (7 Wishes)

Night Ranger ( Dawn Patrol)

I just got an urge to listen to some Night Ranger a couple days ago. I knew I made my own "best of " disc a few years ago. So I went looking in my cd wallets till I found it. Man, what a great band they are. been listening to the disc 3 days straight now. here is the track list it has on it. It isn't a GREATEST HITS, it is really the songs you don't hear anywhere that I really liked on the cd's. the Greatest Hits I can pull out a couple cd's to listhen to them.

Young Girl In Love (Dawn Patrol)

Penny (Dawn Patrol)

7 Wishes (7 Wishes)

Better Let It Go (Big Life)

Reason To Be (Man In Motion)

This Boy Needs to Rock (7 Wishes)

At Night She Sleeps (Dawn Patrol)

Four In the Morning (7 Wishes)

Interstate Love Affair (7 Wishes)

Call My Name (Dawn Patrol)

Do You Feel Like I Do / Tomorrow Never Knows (Feeding Off The Mojo)

Hearts Away (Big Life)

Don't Start Thinking (I'm Alone Tonight (Man In Motion)

Secret Of My Success (Big Life)

Let Him Run (Midnight Madness)

Play Rough (Dawn Partol)

Sentimantal Street (7 Wishes)

Night Ranger ( Dawn Patrol)

Some nice picks there mate and some of my fave NR tunes 'This Boy Needs To Rock', 'Call My Name' 'Sentimental Street', 'Hearts Away' & 'Four In The Morning' :tumbsup:

Not one album I don't like by this band (Mojo being my least fave)and consistently excellent throughout their career

Some cool picks there, but if I were in the business of foreign affairs I'd arrange a trip to the US to personally beat you with a bread roll for exluding their best song ever; 'Forever all over again'.

Some cool picks there, but if I were in the business of foreign affairs I'd arrange a trip to the US to personally beat you with a bread roll for exluding their best song ever; 'Forever all over again'.

and 'Love Is Standing Near', and 'Restless Kind' and 'Rumours In The Air'

In fact my top 15 would look pretty different.

Great band tho.